I have a feeling Frazier will be Raiders #1 target

Carbonpoke

1 hour ago, Carbonpoke said:

With what is going on over there, they will need to fill with somebody that has 0 character flaws, plus have a blue print to slow down the offenses in that division.  Thoughts?

Plus getting another minority HC may help with any fallout over gruden having been able to hold a high position for so long if he kept up with his bigotry openly.  It would  actually be disappointing if he was openly bigotted and it wasn't a secret amongst players and other coaches.  I mean if he was clever enough to hide his bigotry its one thing but if he didn't bother and it was commonly known by players other coaches then thats a bad reflection on just the whole NFL - players, coaches, owners.  I'd feel it would be hopeless if that known behavior was allowed to exist without at the very least some anonymous tips to raise awareness 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The Panthers fans I know are literally begging for someone to hire Joe Brady "useless", "incompetent", "the worst playcaller we have ever had" and "overrated jelly" is a summary of the thoughts after this past week. 

Actually you rarely lose coordinators if you make the Superbowl because of the delay it creates for the hiring team. 

I think making the conference championship game was part of the reason both Daboll and Frazier didn't get jobs last year too.  But agree SB makes the odds go down even further.  Seems team will wait through the round of 8, but after that want their guy.

Also think Davis will want a more sexy hire than either of our two.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Another team to watch is the Giants. I could see them cleaning house and getting rid of both Gettleman and Judge. 

Wonder if Chicago moves on from Nagy as well.  Being Frazier was part of the 85 Chicago SB team he might want to be  HC there if he's got fond memories of his playing there. 

Yea I expect we'll lose one or both if we get to the SB.  Buffalo's current success is as much an unexpected turn around after that long drought even if it was easily explained by the NE stranglehold on the AFCE not discounting being tops in league often during their run, as Josh's rise in status in his accuracy and general development.

However unlike BB, I feel the future results of the McDermott tree will be filled with more successes. BB's coaching tree is just filled with alot of rotten apples.  They do say fruit doesn't fall far from the tree so thats not such a surprise.

Edited by AuntieEm
General corrections

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

If the Bills continue having a great season which I think they will then Frazier and Daboll will be getting there share of interviews this offseason. Good chance the Bills lose both of them especially if they win the Super Bowl.

Maybe not.. If we get to the SB, most teams don’t want to wait that long, given most job openings begin on Black Monday -day after the Regular Season ends. I think this had a lot to with being able to keep our Coordinators at least one more year. 

I could see Frazier to Chicago when/if Nagy is finally let go, for reasons mentioned above: connection to the Bears as a member of that 85 team. 

Plus the chance to work with a young, dynamic QB with a high ceiling who is a bit raw and needs some time. Sound familair?

I could see Frazier trying the same formula there: strong defense, weapons for the QB and a disciplined tight locker room. 

WAY easier in Chicago than Las Vegas, where you have Mark Davis hanging around. 

2 hours ago, Carbonpoke said:

With what is going on over there, they will need to fill with somebody that has 0 character flaws, plus have a blue print to slow down the offenses in that division.  Thoughts?

There's a ton of guys to choose from.

The odds we lose anyone are probably low IMO.

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Maybe not.. If we get to the SB, most teams don’t want to wait that long, given most job openings begin on Black Monday -day after the Regular Season ends. I think this had a lot to with being able to keep our Coordinators at least one more year. 

Didnt they just change a rule or policy regarding no interviews during the playoffs at all so SB coaches dont lose out?

Jaguars job will be a primo gig.

Great young talent at QB, you know you have a dynamic prospect at RB, some nice pieces on the roster, and a division that isn't all that great. 

Not to mention likely another top 5 draft pick. 

Plus, after Urban Meyer's 8-17 game tenure you'll get a LOT of leeway. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Panthers fans I know are literally begging for someone to hire Joe Brady "useless", "incompetent", "the worst playcaller we have ever had" and "overrated jelly" is a summary of the thoughts after this past week. 

Actually you rarely lose coordinators if you make the Superbowl because of the delay it creates for the hiring team. 

Brady is absurdly young, he just turned 32 and NFL HC imo would be way over his head.  He rode the coattails of Joe Burrow at LSU and not much beyond that.

Besides they are not going to hire a super you inexperienced white male when you have qualified AA coaches available.  The Raiders post Gruden debacle have to be politically correct.

3 hours ago, Carbonpoke said:

I mean, it IS the same people who thought it was a good idea to hire Gruden and Mayock in the first place still in charge, yes?

What you say would make sense, but these aren't necessarily sensible people

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, it IS the same people who thought it was a good idea to hire Gruden and Mayock in the first place still in charge, yes?

What you say would make sense, but these aren't necessarily sensible people

I dont think Mark Davis can be confused with a Mensa Member.  He had to beg and comically over pay Gruden to join back at the Raiders.  Davis is a simple guy, he wanted a huge and splashy move to prove his is not "the man".  He wanted  to relive the glory days of the Raiders hence bring back Chuckie.  The Mayock hire was even worse.

Having said that, Davis is not a functional idiot (although you cant tell my his appearance, you think he could afford a better haircut) I think the hire will almost assuredly be an AA after the idiocy of what the Raiders are going through now.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.