Where would Rousseau have gone had he played? [in college in 2020]

whorlnut

10 hours ago, HansLanda said:

Same initial Q could be asked about Spencer Brown as well. His entire conference didn't play and he went in rd 3?!? one of the best teams in the league has two rookies STARTING who did not play a snap last year. That is mind blowing

I was really surprised that a guy of Brown’s athletic ability was there in the 3rd, I made the assumption he must be SUPER raw and wouldn’t see the field this year.  Well a lot of people appear to have missed that evaluation.  The guy is pretty damn good already, definitely things to clean up, but surprisingly good.

It's crazy that we drafted two "raw" prospects that each took a year off of playing football, and both have arguably been the best player at their position on the roster early in their rookie seasons. And this was not supposed to be a strong draft class. Beane knocked it out of the park.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I was really surprised that a guy of Brown’s athletic ability was there in the 3rd, I made the assumption he must be SUPER raw and wouldn’t see the field this year.  Well a lot of people appear to have missed that evaluation.  The guy is pretty damn good already, definitely things to clean up, but surprisingly good.

It was that he was a bit raw on his tape and hadn't played top competition and hadn't played for a year so there was no opportunity to see if he had developed on some of that potential. It was a combination of those three factors that allowed him to go in the 3rd. There were a couple of tackles that went before him that I thought at the time should not have done. Walker Little to Jax and the BYU kid to Carolina.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.