Where would Rousseau have gone had he played? [in college in 2020]

whorlnut

Let me start off by saying I absolutely love Greg Rousseau. I’m so excited about his potential as he is still learning the position. His length is elite and he was such a classic “bet on traits” pick by Beane. 

My question is, where do you all think he would have gone in the draft had he not opted out due to covid?  This is a guy that had 15.5 sacks in his first season playing defense and then decided to opt out his last season. I think top 10 is likely and top 5 isn’t out of the question. Either way, we got a steal at a position of need. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Let me start off by saying I absolutely love Greg Rousseau. I’m so excited about his potential as he is still learning the position. His length is elite and he was such a classic “bet on traits” pick by Beane. 

My question is, where do you all think he would have gone in the draft had he not opted out due to covid?  This is a guy that had 15.5 sacks in his first season playing defense and then decided to opt out his last season. I think top 10 is likely and top 5 isn’t out of the question. Either way, we got a steal at a position of need. 

kinda depends on how he would have performed in that hypothetical don’t you think?

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Top 15

We'll never know because who knows the season he would have had but even with the year off he should have been top 10 15. 

His body type is RARE. 

He produced at a D1 level in college.  Still shocked we got him at 30. 

Boogie isn't so bad himself,super versatile too.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm not going to get into the hypotheticals about stats and draft position etc., but I share your enthusiasm for him. He's off to a pretty good start and seems to be a pretty good fit here. For a "project" guy he's already producing at a premium position on his rookie deal. He seems like a coachable kid with a bright future. I'm a fan.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don’t even want to look that gift horse in the mouth.  What a steal, and now Basham is starting to make an impact.  Talk about a turnaround with AJ, GROOT, Boogie, Zimmer’s looking solid, and a Oliver is on fire. Not to mention Star is having a quiet, EXCELLENT year.  He’s a big contributor why KC didn’t run well last night.

He is GROOT!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

If he performed to the level he performed the year before, or to the level he is performing now, I'd say "pretty damn high".

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Who know,s he could have had a bad year and dropped.  Wasn't Allen more highly thought of after his 1st year at Wyoming than after his 2nd.  Every year you hear about guys who dropped.

Allen barely played his first year at Wyoming. He had a better statistical year in his second year than in his last, that's for sure. But no, I don't think he would have gone higher than the 7th pick in the first round in any earlier year.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.