Nashville Takeover

davspo

10 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Anyone got a extra ticket?  I can travel!  Lol have fun guys.  I will be cheering either way.  As always, Go Bills!

Guns we have one extra ticket . Great seats.   100 level.  I could get the precise location if you want.  Let me know if you are interest 585-802-7666.

I go  to Nashville a ton. Was there to see the Stones Saturday. Will be going again for game

1) Far as Broadway its a tourist trap. Bars are fun and all  a lot alike . Monday Afternoon  I can assure you  Honky Tonk  Central will be packed with Bills Fans, all 3 floors plus the roof. Plus Jason Aldeans and Kid Rocks place. All wihtin a few bloack area on Broadway. Most of the joints on Broadway  alike now

2) If you want to get away form the craziness of Broadway, Printers Alley is about two blocks form Broadway , more local places, not as toursity and crazy.

3) Looking for dinner, the Adults go to the Gulch area , the restaurant's are good. My favorite is the Whiskey Kitchen, also West end about two miles away near Vandy is also full of good restaurants and not a tourist trap.

Looking for a good brunch place Sunday or dinner Sat/Sun The Southern on 3rd Avenue  2 blocks form Broadway is exceptional, had brunch there on Sunday, my go to place for the last 5 years. . Make Reservations  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Calidiehard said:

My wife, son, and I will be there as well. Heading there on Friday to look at homes in surrounding area go to the game, and staying until Wed. Would love to meet up with other Bills fans to pregame with. 

You won't have any problem with that.  It's going to be all Bills fans everywhere you go

2 hours ago, Purplebulldog said:

I go  to Nashville a ton. Was there to see the Stones Saturday. Will be going again for game

1) Far as Broadway its a tourist trap. Bars are fun and all  a lot alike . Monday Afternoon  I can assure you  Honky Tonk  Central will be packed with Bills Fans, all 3 floors plus the roof. Plus Jason Aldeans and Kid Rocks place. All wihtin a few bloack area on Broadway. Most of the joints on Broadway  alike now

2) If you want to get away form the craziness of Broadway, Printers Alley is about two blocks form Broadway , more local places, not as toursity and crazy.

3) Looking for dinner, the Adults go to the Gulch area , the restaurant's are good. My favorite is the Whiskey Kitchen, also West end about two miles away near Vandy is also full of good restaurants and not a tourist trap.

Looking for a good brunch place Sunday or dinner Sat/Sun The Southern on 3rd Avenue  2 blocks form Broadway is exceptional, had brunch there on Sunday, my go to place for the last 5 years. . Make Reservations  

Thanks!  Will definitely look into Printers Alley and Whiskey Kitchen. 

6 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I was going to ask the same thing.  I know there is a pre-ticketed tailgate event where tickets are $85 to get in but I was wondering what the other tailgating options are?  Where is the Pinto crew going to be setup at for this one?

I heard about something like this in 2019 and passed.  Had much more fun in the bars the morning of the game.  $85 for a tailgate for a few wings and a couple of beers?  No thanks. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, BTB said:

I heard about something like this in 2019 and passed.  Had much more fun in the bars the morning of the game.  $85 for a tailgate for a few wings and a couple of beers?  No thanks. 

I just checked this morning and those passes are sold out now anyways, so it looks like we will be pregaming at the bars as well!  Broadway Street is such a blast

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/12/2021 at 12:10 AM, Buffalo716 said:

Didn't the Greeks invade the Trojans lol

I think that was the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor that you are thinking of…

We used to have a place in Nashville and have spent quite a bit of time there, including several Bills games. Yes, it will be a sea of blue along Broadway, the main honky tonk drag. Almost every place will have live music going, often a different band on each floor. It’s not ALL country music, but mostly, depending upon where you go. Tootsie’s is famous and has a rooftop, but it is literally surrounded by similar options. To be honest, it’s all a lot of fun but quite LOUD. 

The Gulch is nearby and walkable from downtown a bit to the west. A bunch of bars and restaurants but not as country music oriented, so a bit refreshing. If you are downtown I have been known to duck into a hotel bar now and then to get away from the music/noise so I could hear myself think and regroup. The Hermitage Hotel has the Oak Bar which is VERY nice, and kind of a landmark. 

Tons of dining options so I don’t know where to begin. Puckett’s downtown is a place I try to go each trip, but it gets crowded and probably involves a wait. For more of a fine dining experience we always enjoyed Etch. LOTS of options!

A couple things you might not expect from Nashville are all the Bachelorette parties trying to take over the town and all the Pedal Taverns riding around town chugging beer as they go. It’s quite the scene!

You should also be aware that there is a pedestrian only bridge that goes from downtown right over to the stadium. I missed that on my first game day there and took a much longer route with vehicle traffic. OOPS! Live and learn! 

Again, Bills fans will be EVERYWHERE!  I don’t think you can help but have a great time @davspo I’ll miss having that on the schedule next year. It’s an easy road trip and a certain good time! I usually stay over by Vandy and Uber into town, but Uber is a bit less reliable since the pandemic so I’m staying right downtown on 3rd Ave, I think. Park once, and walk everywhere. 

EDIT: I added one night at a Hampton Inn by Vanderbilt. I wanted to stretch the trip out a bit and by moving out of downtown I get to experience a different part of town……for HALF the price of a room in the middle of things. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think that was the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor that you are thinking of…

We used to have a place in Nashville and have spent quite a bit of time there, including several Bills games. Yes, it will be a see of blue along Broadway, the main honky tonk drag. Almost every place will have live music going, often a different band on each floor. It’s not ALL country music, but mostly, depending upon where you go. Tootsie’s is famous and has a rooftop, but it is literally surrounded by similar option. To be honest, it’s all a lot of fun but quite LOUD. 

The Gulch is nearby and walkable from downtown a bit to the west. A bunch of bars and restaurants but not as country music oriented, so a bit refreshing. If you are downtown I have been known to duck into a hotel bar now and then to get away from the music/noise so I could hear myself think and regroup. The Hermitage Hotel has the Oak Bar which is VERY nice, and kind of a landmark. 

Tons of dining options so I don’t know where to begin. Puckett’s downtown is a place I try to go each trip, but it gets crowded and probably involves a wait. For more of a fine dining experience we always enjoyed Etch. LOTS of options!

A couple things you might not expect from Nashville are all the Bachelorette parties trying to take over the town and all the Pedal Taverns riding around town chugging beer as they go. It’s quite the scene!

You should also be aware that there is a pedestrian only bridge that goes from downtown right over to the stadium. I missed that on my first game day there and took a much longer route with vehicle traffic. OOPS! Live and learn! 

Again, Bills fans will be EVERYWHERE!  I don’t think you can help but have a great time @davspo I’ll miss having that on the schedule next year. It’s an easy road trip and a certain good time! I usually stay over by Vandy and Uber into town, but Uber is a bit less reliable since the pandemic so I’m staying right downtown on 3rd Ave, I think. Park once, and walk everywhere. 

The Germans bombed Pearl harbor? I thought it was the dolphins and whales

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

Coming up from Alabama, flying solo. Where is everybody sitting? Like to find a ticket in a mafia heavy section.

1 hour ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

Coming up from Alabama, flying solo. Where is everybody sitting? Like to find a ticket in a mafia heavy section.

Did you go to the game in 2019?  Fans were all over the stadium. It was 75/25 bills fans

On 10/12/2021 at 2:27 PM, aceman_16 said:

Whiskey Kitchen is nice but the service is VERY hit or miss.

I’ve not been to Whiskey Kitchen, but I may try it. I’ll be a single this weekend and find there is usually a spot at the bar for a single. If I can look the bar tender in the eye and make small talk, I generally get pretty good service and tip accordingly. People sitting at a bar are generally pretty friendly, for some reason, from my experience. Go figure! 

Rewatching the KC game and Groot looks better than I realized the first time around. 

On 10/12/2021 at 6:50 AM, BillsPride12 said:

I was going to ask the same thing.  I know there is a pre-ticketed tailgate event where tickets are $85 to get in but I was wondering what the other tailgating options are?  Where is the Pinto crew going to be setup at for this one?

I went to this tailgate in 2019 and am going again this year. 100% worth it IMO. Awesome time.

Tailgating in Nashville isn't really a thing and you can just walk to the stadium, so either just hang out at the bars or do the Nashville Bills Backers tailgate.

That game in 2019 was one of the most fun times I've ever had at a game. Literally Buffalo in a different city. Hope we recreate it again this year. I'm flying in from Austin on Saturday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.