Chiefs Chant Before Game

cv05

20 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

Ok let’s ask Agamemnon if he’s offended.

Point is your chosen comparison lacks relevance.

Your point is irrelevant since FSU started everything surrounding the chop and chant and the Seminole Tribe loves FSU. If there are cheap imitators the chop and chant are not the problem.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Your point is irrelevant since FSU started everything surrounding the chop and chant and the Seminole Tribe loves FSU. If there are cheap imitators the chop and chant are not the problem.

So because FSU invented it and got the ok from the Seminoles ALL chop descents are given the same pass? ALL Native Americans must abide by this Seminole decree.

16 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

So because FSU invented it and got the ok from the Seminoles ALL chop descents are given the same pass? ALL Native Americans must abide by this Seminole decree.

The team's nickname is the Seminoles. So on that point, with full consent and cooperation from the tribe, I think it is much different. FSU has an actual working relationship with the tribe, as I understand it. Unlike the Washington team, which used a generalized slur of all Native Americans. I also believe Washington was paying one particular tribe in an attempt to buy some public credibility. 

With that said, I think it might be a good idea to lose The Chop. Just my feeling. I'm not a Native American, so I'm not sure my opinion means much in this matter.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/11/2021 at 5:33 PM, Just in Atlanta said:

Our own Bills fight song — whose time has long past IMO — is the ripped-off melody of the famous Isley Bros song. 

Did you just…

Did you just say the shout songs time is long past?

hold-me-back.gif

Edited by Einstein
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, The Dean said:

The team's nickname is the Seminoles. So on that point, with full consent and cooperation from the tribe, I think it is much different. FSU has an actual working relationship with the tribe, as I understand it. Unlike the Washington team, which used a generalized slur of all Native Americans. I also believe Washington was paying one particular tribe in an attempt to buy some public credibility. 

With that said, I think it might be a good idea to lose The Chop. Just my feeling. I'm not a Native American, so I'm not sure my opinion means much in this matter.

This is correct as I stated FSU has the blessing of the Seminole tribe of Florida to use their name, their motto of “unconquered”, renegade and Osceola. When the names first started coming down such as the Syracuse Orangeman etc, FSU was put in the mix and the Seminoles of Florida put the kibash on that pretty quick. I’d it okay for the Kansas City Chiefs or Atlanta Braves to use it idk man that’s a different discussion but FSU has the blessing of the Natives and actively works with them to acknowledge their heritage 

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

It does not matter what you think at all, no more than any person who is not Irish Catholic has a say in Notre Dame. Finding a few people to protest means nothing when the majority of the minority don't care. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.