Week 6: Bills at Titans on MNF

YoloinOhio

29 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Maybe that means white over blue then? Last week they had the Chiefs in red over white but changed it as soon as the Chiefs posted all reds. 

Even if they are healthy their offense is nothing like the Chiefs. If their was ever a week to get out to a big lead this is it. Force them to play catch up which limits the amount of carries Henry will get. 

From a QB and OL, and coaching, standpoint I agree but the Bills haven’t faced two big physical WRs and a RB like Henry and I don’t think it’s a great matchup. I do think they can handle it if the defense is healthy but I anticipate giving up some points. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

From a QB and OL, and coaching, standpoint I agree but the Bills haven’t faced two big physical WRs and a RB like Henry and I don’t think it’s a great matchup. I do think they can handle it if the defense is healthy but I anticipate giving up some points. 

Which is why I put a little more importance on getting the lead this week. You always want the Bills to grab the lead but this week especially. Their offense is built around Henry and running the ball. Make them play catch up and go tee off on Tannehill. The Titans D isn't that good so I expect Allen will have another strong performance and the Bills will put up a lot of points as well.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Man I don't usually check out the opposing team's message board, but wow that is a weird place even for the internet. Seems like everyone hates themselves, each other, the world in general, and in some cases the Titans themselves lol. Makes me appreciate this board even more. 

At the very least, the two message boards I went to are actual functional (navigation friendly) unlike other forums. 

Edited by The Wiz

6 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Man I don't usually check out the opposing team's message board, but wow that is a weird place even for the internet. Seems like everyone hates themselves, each other, the world in general, and in some cases the Titans themselves lol. Makes me appreciate this board even more. 

but do they have a several thousand page long “Girlie Pic” thread like Chiefs Planet and Patriots Planet do?!!?!?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If I’m the Titans I’m going to lean on my strength on offense - they don’t have an elite passing game and the Bills have one of the best secondaries in the NFL - might as well make it a physical game and test the Bills’ willingness to chase-and-tackle for four quarters.  Only way it works for them is if the Bills are soft coming off a franchise-defining prime time win.

The Bills' defense is absolutely anxious to get physical with that ground game. I don't think the Titans are going to be able to dominate time of possession. Not with the Buffalo offense picking up steam. I see the Bills pulling ahead and Tanny being forced into throwing the ball. A snowball effect that just continues get worse for the Titans.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

The Bills' defense is absolutely anxious to get physical with that ground game. I don't think the Titans are going to be able to dominate time of possession. Not with the Buffalo offense picking up steam. I see the Bills pulling ahead and Tanny being forced into throwing the ball. A snowball effect that just continues get worse for the Titans.

Tannehill, Mayfield and Cousins are all the same. 

If you force them to win the game, they can’t. They need to hide behind Henry, Chubb and Cook to be effective. 

• Like (+1) 5

I expected the Bills to lose to the Chiefs (potentially by a lopsided score) and then rebound and beat the Titans. 

The Chiefs lost two games to two very good teams by a TD or less.  In fact in both games the Chiefs could have and probably should have won.  I figured KC was like a lot of Super Bowl teams being a bit unfocused in trying to get back to the big game. See Tampa Bay this year.  I assumed that at home against the team people were claiming would beat the Chiefs out in the AFC the defending AFC champs would play a great game.  It makes our thumping of KC all the more impressive IMO.

The Titans on the other hand haven't looked as solid as the Chiefs in their wins and losses.  They were blown out by Arizona and then beaten by the Jets.  With a bye coming up and the bitter taste from last years loss still in their mouths, I expect the Bill's to be focused in on this game. I see them taking it by two scores.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Tannehill, Mayfield and Cousins are all the same. 

If you force them to win the game, they can’t. They need to hide behind Henry, Chubb and Cook to be effective. 

Tannehill can run and is more athletic than any of the above. Cousins is much more instinctual as a passer, especially in the down field game. Cousins has performed wo a running game or specifically Cook in the past. 

Ryan did not need Henry last time we played. We contained Henry last time around but Tanny killed us dinking and dunking and w his legs. 

Who cares about last year.  The teams are different this year.  Just going into the game and knowing who and when they are playing is different this year.  Last year the Bills played with a practice squad defense.  This year the starters are healthy except for maybe Milano who was close last week.  

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I expected the Bills to lose to the Chiefs (potentially by a lopsided score) and then rebound and beat the Titans. 

The Chiefs lost two games to two very good teams by a TD or less.  In fact in both games the Chiefs could have and probably should have won.  I figured KC was like a lot of Super Bowl teams being a bit unfocused in trying to get back to the big game. See Tampa Bay this year.  I assumed that at home against the team people were claiming would beat the Chiefs out in the AFC the defending AFC champs would play a great game.  It makes our thumping of KC all the more impressive IMO.

The Titans on the other hand haven't looked as solid as the Chiefs in their wins and losses.  They were blown out by Arizona and then beaten by the Jets.  With a bye coming up and the bitter taste from last years loss still in their mouths, I expect the Bill's to be focused in on this game. I see them taking it by two scores.

They should have beaten the Ravens.  They won because of the fumble.  Chiefs came into the Bills game, I believe had only punted 6 times all season.  Their offense is definitely still legit.  Their defense is awful.  

The Titans will probably score between 21-24 against us.  We should score north of 30.  The Titans can't get to the QB.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

I more worried about this game than the Chiefs game.  This Titans team has the ability to be really good, almost unstoppable on offense.  I don't like them getting their two WR back.  Henry will forever make me nervous.

I also hate MNF.

They. Lost. To. The. Jets.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

I think this will be a great test for our defense, as they haven’t yet faced a running attack like this. I can totally see them loving this opportunity.

Last year, with a far inferior run defense, they held Henry to 57 yards on 20 carries. (Tanny was the one who burned them with his legs). So I think they will be up for the challenge. 

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think this will be a great test for our defense, as they haven’t yet faced a running attack like this. I can totally see them loving this opportunity.

Last year, with a far inferior run defense, they held Henry to 57 yards on 20 carries. (Tanny was the one who burned them with his legs). So I think they will be up for the challenge. 

I remember being surprised with those runs by Tanny last year. The D is absolutely chomping at the bit for this one. Last year was embarrassing and they haven't forgotten. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when they discussed what happened the day after that game in meetings.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I remember being surprised with those runs by Tanny last year. The D is absolutely chomping at the bit for this one. Last year was embarrassing and they haven't forgotten. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when they discussed what happened the day after that game in meetings.

agree. Those Tanny runs still stick With me. I think he had like 40 yards rushing in that game. Thankfully this defense holds contain a lot better. 

18 minutes ago, mannc said:

They. Lost. To. The. Jets.

I think they had a ton of injuries going into that game, so I am not reading a ton into that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

this is the game where we find out if Star really is the difference on our DL.   so far he appears to be making others around him better,  but against Henry we will absolutely find out.    key to this game is Bills need to score early,  and often,   make the Titans have to throw to stay in the game,  take Henry out of it.     i like our O vs their D.    stop Henry early,   score early,  no turnovers,  go Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.