Week 6: Bills at Titans on MNF

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

One thing Tanny did well last year was take off with the ball. 

I think he ran for 3 or 4 first downs that game.   

Have to make sure to keep him in the pocket.

I seem to remember a lot of runs to the outside.  I suspect he might find a 6'7" defensive player of the week standing there this year.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

One thing Tanny did well last year was take off with the ball. 

I think he ran for 3 or 4 first downs that game.   

Have to make sure to keep him in the pocket.

Also what's the story with Saffold, looks like he injured his shoulder again against the Jags?

His snap count was only 38%.

Yeah Saffold got dinged up and left the game during their win over Jacksonville.

Can't find much about it as we don't usually find out a whole lot before the first injury reports on Wednesday afternoon, but there's this from an NFL.com article (https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-season-notable-injuries-news-from-sunday-s-week-5-games) :

'Tennessee Titans linebacker Rashaan Evans (quad), guard Rodger Saffold (shoulder) and linebacker Monty Rice (groin) exited early against the Jaguars. Cornerback Kristian Fulton (hamstring) was ruled out.'

I also saw a different article on Monday that Tennessee is considering putting him on IR to give him the time to recover. Saffold might be the best player on their line with Lewan still not at 100% from his ACL injury. Huge blow to their offense if he is out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Bills will have the following players this year that DNP/not with team last season against the Titans:  Tre White, Levi, Groot, Boogie, STAR, Spencer Brown, Feliciano, Moss, Manny Sanders, also Ford played every snap on O [addition by subtraction].

Edited by BearNorth

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Hilariously, I actually saw someone comment on one of the texans forums about how he still throws too many turnover worthy passes.

Oh its definitely a THING that almost every other fan base still clings to. People were clinging to the "regression" theory so hard that they are looking for any tid bit they can... Through the weeks i always lurk through the opposing teams forums. Literally every single teams fan board we've played this season has brought up how he can be had due to his "turnover worthy" plays. It was discussed plenty last week by the idiots over at chiefs planet and i've already seen it brought up on the titans board. at this point i just chuckle.

5 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Bills will have the following players this year that DNP/not with team last season against the Titans:  Tre White, Levi, Groot, Boogie, Spencer Brown, Feliciano, Moss, Manny Sanders, also Ford played every snap on O [addition by subtraction].

Milano missed it as well i think.... i bet we get him back this week.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This explains why the game plan didn’t work. I think the Bills wanted to take away a big game by Henry.  Last year the Bills were unable to get pressure or cover like they will this week with starters in. I want to see Tannehill struggle like he did every year while he was the Miami QB. Bills had a history before last years game of making Tannehill very ineffective.

it was easy when he was at miami because aside from one year they had no run game.   hes much better as a complimentary piece.  the one year they had a really good run game we lost.

Edited by Comebackkid

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Not counting on Milano, concerned that steamroller Henry could reinjure him, smart move would give him more time to heal. Also forgot Star was a DNP in that game.  Titans have injuries everywhere.  Bills front 4 is much improved over last year with Star and Groot, along with the fresh legs rotation. 

On 10/11/2021 at 2:36 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I do think Milano will play, he was really close to being back last night. Plus he’s never missed more than 1 game with a hammy. 

not sure about Julio, but he’s already missed 2 games 

The one thing that makes me question whether he will be back is the bye week.  Hamstrings are notorious for re-occurring and they might decide it would make sense to rest him this week which would give it three weeks off to heal (four weeks between games) and so he would be fully recovered.  But maybe it was a slight enough pull that they feel it is already 100%.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Oh its definitely a THING that almost every other fan base still clings to. People were clinging to the "regression" theory so hard that they are looking for any tid bit they can... Through the weeks i always lurk through the opposing teams forums. Literally every single teams fan board we've played this season has brought up how he can be had due to his "turnover worthy" plays. It was discussed plenty last week by the idiots over at chiefs planet and i've already seen it brought up on the titans board. at this point i just chuckle.

One other that was out that game, Star

33 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Not counting on Milano, concerned that steamroller Henry could reinjure him, smart move would give him more time to heal. Also forgot Star was a DNP in that game.  Titans have injuries everywhere.  Bills front 4 is much improved over last year with Star and Groot, along with the fresh legs rotation. 

couldnt disagree more. If he's deemed ready, play him. tackling a hard ball carrier isnt something i'm worried about when it comes to a hammy. That doesnt really compute.

16 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

The one thing that makes me question whether he will be back is the bye week.  Hamstrings are notorious for re-occurring and they might decide it would make sense to rest him this week which would give it three weeks off to heal (four weeks between games) and so he would be fully recovered.  But maybe it was a slight enough pull that they feel it is already 100%.

If he was a gametime decision after just one week i doubt this is a huge issue... If they decide he's ready to go, i'm not concerned one bit about this. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

f he was a gametime decision after just one week i doubt this is a huge issue... If they decide he's ready to go, i'm not concerned one bit about this. 

I tend to agree with this.  There is also the option to put a snap count on him and use him situationally.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.