Week 6: Bills at Titans on MNF

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This explains why the game plan didn’t work. I think the Bills wanted to take away a big game by Henry.  Last year the Bills were unable to get pressure or cover like they will this week with starters in. I want to see Tannehill struggle like he did every year while he was the Miami QB. Bills had a history before last years game of making Tannehill very ineffective.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

And they still held Henry to under 60 yards rushing. Play that same game plan with the talent we have on the field now. Tanny won't have time to throw and when her does we have the guys to hang with their players now. 

One thing Tanny did well last year was take off with the ball. 

I think he ran for 3 or 4 first downs that game.   

Have to make sure to keep him in the pocket.

Also what's the story with Saffold, looks like he injured his shoulder again against the Jags?

His snap count was only 38%.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

I never understood why Roberts was lined up at WR to open the game.  We had Diggs, Beasley and Davis plus others. After the opening ball that hit him between the numbers resulting in an INT, I think that was the end of that experiment. Unfortunately, the game didn’t get any better after that.

As bad as the game started, the Bills actually answered that gaffe and drove down the field for a TD to tie it at 7. Then it got ugly as the D couldn’t get stops. 

Whole new ballgame this season. 6 different starters from that D a year ago. No Covid and scheduling bs. It wouldn’t surprise me to see last year’s final score reversed. 

19 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

This is something. I didn't remember that many people being out. I do remember Josh Norman (who otherwise had a good game) being humiliated by Derrick Henry knocking him ass over elbows. 

We will see it dozens of time this week and multiple times on Monday night.  During commercial breaks we will see the Hail Murray multiple times.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Anyone else think we might switch to a 4-3 base D this week?

Base will always be nickel or 4-2-5

I think they'll stick with 5-2 or 4-2-5 to defend the run game, but it wouldn't hurt to have the extra LB in there. I'd rather have more of the young DLs in there than AJ Klein, not that he's been bad at all.

9 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Honestly, there's not much of anything in that article. He didn't like being called up to play? He thought his OL coach was too pushy?

If this guy was a Bills player, he'd get roasted on here.

Yeah, pretty weak. Sounds like he just didn’t want to play anymore. Tough to blame the team. 

13 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Honestly, there's not much of anything in that article. He didn't like being called up to play? He thought his OL coach was too pushy?

I'm betting it would be really depressing having to back up and fill in for such a garbage person like Lewan.  Fake tough guy Lewan goes out with every little ding, and the team expects his backup to play even though they aren't healthy either.  And once Ty clearly outplayed him, he is sent back to the bench. It doesn't excuse the unexpected retirement, but I can understand where he is coming from.

48 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I'm not taking a side because I have no idea, but the article did state he felt he was being rushed back too early...

image.thumb.png.08b6b58306a32c3bd1f802ebb17b539a.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.