Week 6: Bills at Titans on MNF

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sacked 20 times in just 5 games and they've played the 4th (Arizona), 25th (Seattle), 23rd (Indy), 21st (Jets), and 31st (Jax) best defenses in terms of defense DVOA (https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-efficiency/2021).

They haven't exactly faced a murderer's row so far and the offensive line is still giving up that much pressure. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

Allen is having a very ho hum statistical year. Even is YPA (one of my favorites) is only 7.5.

It doesn't match his tape. Which means it'll probably adjust itself upwards as the games continue

he’s already on an straight upward trajectory. Take away the the first two weeks and he’s one of the highest rated QBs over the last three weeks. Maybe the highest.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

A lot of athletes wait to fix cosmetic stuff until they retire. Why fix it and then break them again 

Football isn't hockey. Not a high rate of tooth loss when you add a steel facemask and then subtact the 3 foot long wood sticks and the hard piece of rubber traveling at 100mph. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Football morning in American column is always a good read.

Figured Peter King would be discussing the Bills this week and he did.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/11/bills-chiefs-afc-nfl-week-5-fmia-peter-king/

Good article, I like this one
"Playing crazy had its drawbacks for Allen in year one and two. “Back in the day,” he told me in camp, “I tried to play pissed off on the field and I found myself not playing very well, tensed up . . . Now, [I’ll do] small things like listening to calming music pregame, to not be so hyped and anxious for the game.”"

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Sacked 20 times in just 5 games and they've played the 4th (Arizona), 25th (Seattle), 23rd (Indy), 21st (Jets), and 31st (Jax) best defenses in terms of defense DVOA (https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-efficiency/2021).

They haven't exactly faced a murderer's row so far and the offensive line is still giving up that much pressure. 

I'm thinking it has to do with his receivers. They lost Davis in the offseason and hasn't Brown been injured? So part of it is not having those big easy targets, which may cause him to hold the ball longer. 

I don't know if this is supported by any advanced stats. I'm just spitballing.

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Who remembers this.

I remember it every time the Bills face them. I hate the Titans as much as the Cowboys and Pats. Not just for the forward lateral, but because they're owner was a POS. I don't like Vrabel either. Just not much to like about that org.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’m referencing the Chiefs game specifically 

I understand now.  Any plays specifically?  I dont recall any specifically, and  I thought overall the tackling was great in that game which was critical to overall defensive success.  Again overall he has been good to elite as tackler which is the secret reason why hes stuck around for McD.

I looked through highlight video and got the following summary: 1 whiff at 11:22 against Kelce that resulted in a first down on KC's drive.  He also got out run by the cheetah at 15:20 (I'm not gonna count thats a missed tackle, more of a bad angle because of a blocker in the area).  If you wanna nit pick he "loses" his grip at 4:30, 9:40 (this was not his man and I think him coming off to engage the runner saved many yards), and 11:50 but all those had other players there quick.  would note he has a really good tackle on hardman at 10:30.  

Overall I still think tre is a worse tackler (he also got out run by the cheetah), and Levi was an effective tackler with 1 exception.

Edited by YattaOkasan

21 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I remember it every time the Bills face them. I hate the Titans as much as the Cowboys and Pats. Not just for the forward lateral, but because they're owner was a POS. I don't like Vrabel either. Just not much to like about that org.

Don't forget fake tough guy Taylor Lewan.  He's the slug that threatened a rape victim while in college.  He told her that he would rape her again if she pressed rape charges against his friend and college teammate.  He admitted this to the police.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

This is beautiful

I think for the last 3 seasons (including this one) the Bills have learned and improved.  First season Allen wasn't good enough and they weren't really ready for the playoffs.  Second season they were ready as a team but they weren't physical enough.  This season they are physical dogs and they still aren't firing on all cylinders.  I can only imagine this team when they are.  Its coming.  This thing is on. The Bills are a dangerous team this year on both sides of the ball.  

Josh is at the point where they isn't anymore defenses that can be thrown at him.  He has seen it all and he is prepared for it all.  The o line still has to protect better though.

Edited by Scott7975

4 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Don't forget fake tough guy Taylor Lewan.  He's the slug that threatened a rape victim while in college.  He told her that he would rape her again if she pressed rape charges against his friend and college teammate.  He admitted this to the police.  

Seriously. Nothing but hate for this team.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, appoo said:

Allen is having a very ho hum statistical year. Even is YPA (one of my favorites) is only 7.5.

It doesn't match his tape. Which means it'll probably adjust itself upwards as the games continue

Josh’s numbers through 5 games on a per game basis are almost identical to what his numbers were on a per game basis last year. 

Y/A

2020: 7.9

2021: 7.5

AY/A

2020: 8.5

2022: 8.3

Y/G

2020: 284

2021: 274

Passer Rating:

2020: 107.2

2021: 102.5

TD/G

2020: 2.34

2021: 2.4

INT/G

2020: .625

2021: .4

Only numbers that are significantly down are his Comp% and QBR…. And QBR is going to be influenced some by his Comp%

This whole “regression” thing is hysterical. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.