Week 6: Bills at Titans on MNF

YoloinOhio

This is another test for the Bills defense. Last year we struggled against multidimensional offenses. Titans have 3 elite talents catching and running the ball, and a QB just good enough to spread it around. If Jones and Brown both play their offense may be scarier than the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is another test for the Bills defense. Last year we struggled against multidimensional offenses. Titans have 3 elite talents catching and running the ball, and a QB just good enough to spread it around. If Jones and Brown both play their offense may be scarier than the Chiefs.

The two elite wrs seem to be stepping on eachothers toes. They have been worse than the sum of their parts

6 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

No .. his knee was not down .. I reminded me of our play .. Lamar only half-tried to make the play to tackle the defender.

I agree, was just saying what I think was going to happen and not my opinion.

I honestly never knew that a lateral sideways could be considered a forward pass because of momentum.  Learned a new (possibly made up) nfl rule today.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Lamar Jackson is killing it tonight. Over 72% completion rate. Sure he barely hit 100 yds in the first half and led the team to a single FG .. but 72%.

Well now he is going crazy against a really beaten Colts secondary. I think they are down to their PS players .. but in fairness he is doing a great job of taking advantage.

26 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Well now he is going crazy against a really beaten Colts secondary. I think they are down to their PS players .. but in fairness he is doing a great job of taking advantage.

Are we in the right thread? 😂

• Agree 1

I took a peek at a couple Titans forums, and they seem down on their chances in general.  The homers who actually believe they will win seem to be basing their opinion on the exact same tired "yeah but they lost to the Steelers and only beat bad teams" nonsense we've been dealing with for weeks.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think they looked “sleepy”, they just looked bad. Josh’s shoulder was injured and they were missing Tre White, Levi Wallace, Matt Milano, John brown, and Zach moss. Their starting corners were josh Norman and cam Lewis. Andre roberts started at WR. They also had quinton Spain just decide at game time he was going to be inactive with a phantom  booboo foot.  I think the back and forth on whether the game was actually happening screwed with their prep too. But every other time they’ve played the Titans recently  they seem to match up pretty well. 

Yeah, everyone seems to forget all of the injuries. That defense was missing many of our best players, including our top two cornerbacks. No wonder we couldn't stop them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

I took a peek at a couple Titans forums, and they seem down on their chances in general.  The homers who actually believe they will win seem to be basing their opinion on the exact same tired "yeah but they lost to the Steelers and only beat bad teams" nonsense we've been dealing with for weeks.

That logic always blows my mind lol it's early in the season so beating a team once has a huge impact on their record haha 

6 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I don't think the Titans match up that well with us....in our favor. I know we lost last year, but even last year was kind of a weird game in a lot of ways. Our run defense was a lot more suspect last year and even then they didn't really run that much on us. 

They don't have a good defense but have a relatively slow plodding offense that nickels and dimes you down the field, obviously love to run. 

We need to be ourselves let Josh do his thing...work in some of this balanced offense we've been really excellent at this year. Put up points and TDs. This Titans defense should not stop us, and I don't see the turnovers like last year.

Ultimately, I don't think the Titans can keep up with us on offense and that will be our best bet to eliminate / neutralize Henry.

I agree. The Titan defense should have major problems stopping the Bills offense. Henry still is very dangerous but the Bills run defense is vastly improved over last year. Henry is by far the best runner the Bills have facef. I'm confident that the Bills coaching staff will have a solid game plan to limit Henry's production. The best way is to come out the gate with a big lead. 

A slight concern is the wild crowd and home field advantage for the Titans. Also, there's a possibility the team can have a "letdown" after such a huge win. Its imperative the coaches have the players prepared and mentally ready to play. This team seems focused on a major run to the super bowl. So I'm not expecting a major letdown.

Big win amd 5-1 going into the bye. It doesn't suck to be a Bill's fan...

Bills 38 Titans 24

• Like (+1) 1

Need to have faith in McDermott and his staff on this one. They will have a solid game plan and have team focused on the task at hand going into our bye week. Shouldn’t be too hard to remind them of what happened last year and the Titans reaction. And oh by the way another National audience.  48🦬 23 👩‍🌾 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.