We’re on to Tennessee…

eball

This will be an interesting game and a test to see if the Bills have a let down or regression on defense.

Key is obviously stopping Henry and their rushing offense, do that and should be another comfortable win and clear path to #1 seed with assumption AFC W and N will continue to knock eachother off.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I almost want to beat the Titans more than the Chiefs.

Cant get that Henry stiff arm out of my head.

In reality...........they held Henry to his lowest rushing output of the entire season and that play in question was a negligible gain.

The run defense was dominant that night............they just turned the ball over and didn't play well in general offensively.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Additionally, they are playing for the bye.  

Beat these guys and two weeks off with nothing but happy thoughts.

People under appreciate the "happy thoughts" angle for byes.

Also, if we were to lose this game it would be way too obnoxious around here with the "fire Daboll" threads getting bumped for more than just one week!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

The Bills have opened as an early 3.5 point favorite. If the game were in Orchard Park, they'd be almost a touchdown favorite.

Actually, it means if the Bills were home they'd be 9.5 point favorites.

Also, the 3-pt bump for the home team is sort of silly next week...there may be 50% Bills fans in that stadium.

I said it last week; the "blip" of a Pittsburgh game aside, since the Hail Murray the Bills are absolutely dominating their opponents in the regular season.

Last 10 regular season games (excluding Pittsburgh):  winning margins of 10, 10, 11, 29, 29, 30, 35, 22, 40, 18.  It feels unprecedented.  Oh, and their streak of getting at least 20 first downs is now up to 21 consecutive regular season games.

This team is absolutely firing on all cylinders and there is no reason to believe they will take any different approach this week.  Most points scored in the NFL and fewest points allowed.  It's unreal.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Blainorama5 said:

No one should get too cocky about this game.  This should be a tough game and another good test.  I think this one's going to be a lot closer than the KC game if Henry gets going....

Henry is not getting going.  Our run D is much better this year.  Star Oliver and Zimmer are all playing real well.  And Henry is a plodder.  Sure he is powerful but not elusive.  Easy to tackle before he gets going.  

And they have Mike Vrabel as head coach.  Knucklehead extraordinaire.  The Titans should be very afraid.  We are on a mission this season.  

That Titans Covid game really pissed me off last season. A weird Tuesday game because the Titans were cheating Covid protocol and shock they got Covid. The Titans also to their credit came out with a good plan against the Bills defensively.

I think this is another good litmus test for the Bills who will have to see if they can break the Titans defense that worked last season and if the Bills can hunker down against Henry.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Henry is not getting going.  Our run D is much better this year.  Star Oliver and Zimmer are all playing real well.  And Henry is a plodder.  Sure he is powerful but not elusive.  Easy to tackle before he gets going.  

And they have Mike Vrabel as head coach.  Knucklehead extraordinaire.  The Titans should be very afraid.  We are on a mission this season.  

I will be interested to see how the Bills attack the Titans defense. The Titans did a two deep “soft” approach and it was effective. I suspect they do something similar again.

My primary interest is to see how they dink and dunk up the field and if the offense can run on a solid front 7. By far the best defense this offense will face since week one when the Steelers were healthy.

2 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Is Barkley being the Titans backup going to give them any advantage with respect to the Bills offense?

You may have a point there ... But the best intel that Barkley can give them is that the Bills are good, very VERY good. Beyond that I don't know if there is much he can give them.

just sayin'

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.