The Hurdle: Part 2

Blainorama5

This is why I firmly believe this kid is GOING To deliver a championship. He does what it takes. He has what it takes. From the peter king article, Allen KNOWS he doesn't have to be the hero anymore. We're seeing a once in a lifetime progression for a quarterback, and he's not at his ceiling yet. 

Incredible. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nkreed said:

Allen with 2 hurdles so far, do you think he'll continue to do them?

Hopefully only when it's really necessary.  Normally that's a good way to get hurt, but Josh seems to have the knack for sure!  Puts out the hand to try and get a hold of the defender's helmet - leapfrog style!  Just great awareness.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The hurdle against the Vikings was incredible but unnecessary and haphazard. This hurdle the game context was different and Josh understood how vital that first was. It was done out of necessity and his drive to win. He’ll slide hopefully in most other situations.

But as a defender what do you do against this kid? He can slide, run you over, or jump over you!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

The hurdle against the Vikings was incredible but unnecessary and haphazard. This hurdle the game context was different and Josh understood how vital that first was. It was done out of necessity and his drive to win. He’ll slide hopefully in most other situations.

But as a defender what do you do against this kid? He can slide, run you over, or jump over you!!!!

IIRC, he needed a first down badly against MN in a game they were double digit underdogs... Kid had something to prove, and he did. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

It wasn't just the hurdle, he hurdled, got the first, then immediately got down in the face of an onrushing defender who, baulked of his chance to plaster the opposing QB, reached down and touched Josh before jumping harmlessly over him.

Beautiful

And yes, frankly, Josh "giving himself up" and sliding such a good percentage makes him deadlier, because it's in the back of a defenders mind "watch for the slide, watch for the slide, can't hit him if he slides" - you can see that with our guys and Mahomes, they don't want that roughing penalty.

I LOL at Mahomes going headfirst for more yards and looking ticked when he didn't get the roughing flag after a couple of defenders tackled him.

• Like (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

It was an important 3rd down in that game too, although it was early on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

It was an important 3rd down in that game too, although it was early on.

I think Josh has even said in later interviews that he was trying to show something to his teammates on that one (Vikings game)- his competitive nature.  That's badly paraphrased but something along those lines.  Doesn't need to prove it anymore.

• Like (+1) 2

There is a song by UB40 called "Sweet Sensation" that was my theme song this last week of my family's beach vacation.  It would be so awesome if someone could make a Buffalo Bills/Josh Allen video to that song.  Personally, I am an idea guy but I have zero such skills for making something like that.  I am absolutely certain that Bills fans would LOVE that song and how much it fits the Josh Allen experience so far.  It would be such a killer stadium song like "Sweet Caroline" is for Red Sox.

"Oh my sweet sensation.   Oh oh what a strange emotion.  You got love and devotion...."

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts

2 hours ago, DeltaDigital said:

This is why I firmly believe this kid is GOING To deliver a championship. He does what it takes. He has what it takes. From the peter king article, Allen KNOWS he doesn't have to be the hero anymore. We're seeing a once in a lifetime progression for a quarterback, and he's not at his ceiling yet. 

Incredible. 

I believe that he will as well, though I'll still get triggered when the pundits try and somehow give credit Mahomes the credit

2 hours ago, LanderPoke said:

Had to have that 3rd down, too! What a great play 

"I'll take it - He can jump over me if it gets me that first down"

Edited by ProcessAccepted
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

I totally get that Josh really needs to be careful doing this stuff, but MAN that was awesome seeing him pull this one off again - for the First Down!!!

I loved it, and got down avoiding the hit and still gets the 1st.  I actually do not mind him running as long as he is avoiding the hits. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.