We Are No Longer Intimidated

H2o

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Well we had some luck last night as well so this "beat down" was not nearly dramatic as one would think with the score.

We got 7 right off the top instead of a completion ball off KCs hand right into the arms of Hyde.  We also received a

oh

my

God

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Haha… you don't have to tell us. We’ve been waiting 20 years for this. 

Well just look at KC they thought they never see a hiccup again… so remember to stay strong when that year happens as well.. because trust me KC is way way to talented not to rebound next year.  (Unless Mahomes is really hurt and playing threw it)

7 hours ago, Success said:

The Chiefs will be fine. In hot take nation, they're all of a sudden on the decline - but that's as dangerous a team as any.

I think they're going to go on a run & re-assert themselves as among the elite.  The Bills made all of the plays yesterday, but Mahomes had some uncharacteristic turnovers, and the weather was horrendous.  

Mahomes hasn’t been himself all year. It could be the 2 straight long seasons he has had is taking a toll on him? Or maybe he is fighting threw some

injury? All I know is he is not the Mahomes we are use to seeing.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Mahomes hasn’t been himself all year. It could be the 2 straight long seasons he has had is taking a toll on him? Or maybe he is fighting threw some

injury? All I know is he is not the Mahomes we are use to seeing.

I haven't watched enough KC - I know they dropped a couple of close ones, but he was still doing Mahomes-y things in the game last night. Some of the key turnovers were  little flukey.

I was nervous every time he got the ball, right until the end.  That team has quite a few weaknesses, but I still feel like that guy can score every time.

I'm sure you can remember a few seasons where people were questioning Brady early, and then he went on to win an AFCCG or SB....

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

Now it is time to take on the league.  Starting and ending with the Bucs.  

No offense, and I apologize if this has been mentioned, but starting with the Titans. Ending in the Super Bowl, but we start Monday night in Nashville. Looking forward to seeing how well we represent there, once again. 

BTW - had dinner with son and DIL tonight. She grew up with season tix to Buc’s games and her family is still near there. They looked into seats for the Bills game there and they were INSANELY expensive. Don’t quote me, but the “cheap ones” were like $600 this far out. I’m sure that will move around, but that number shocked me. She has pivoted and is trying to get things thru a friend’s work connection. Smart girl! 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

THIS is the biggest storyline to come out if this game, IMO. 

You can truly see a confident team that expects to win. 

No hero ball, no fear, just belief and execution. 

This team expects to win it all, and I will not be surprised when it happens, mofos (Nate Diaz reference) 😀

I agree. The Bills team is no longer under the rader. They are the ones to beat and clearly being "hunted." However, they have to stay focused and take one game at a time. Barring injuries the Bills seem to have a nice path to the AFC Championship game. How cool would it be to go to that game in Buffalo! I'll take that Xmas present. 

This team expects to win it all, and I will not be surprised when it happens, mofos (Nate Diaz reference) 😀

I agree. The Bills team is no longer under the rader. They are the ones to beat and clearly being "hunted." However, they have to stay focused and take one game at a time. Barring injuries the Bills seem to have a nice path to the AFC Championship game. How cool would it be to go to that game in Buffalo! I'll take that Xmas present. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills totally destroyed the Chiefs. Now sadly they aren’t that good so far this year sitting at 2-3 and in last place in their division.  Now Buffalo is the big bad and the young upstart IMO is the Chargers. Matter fact if I had to pick an AFC Championship game that would be it right now. 

Chiefs will be back they've had some flukey losses...lost the turnover margin by 5 against the chargers and almost pulled the game out...they've played 4 great teams so far.  I bet they stack up some wins going forward and make the playoffs pretty comfortably...its nice they likely won't have home field though 

17 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

I think this attitude of not being intimidated going up against ANY team really goes back to the second half of last season - maybe even earlier.  Bills have the weapons to compete with anybody now.  Glad to see that mentality has transferred into this season as well!

Also really impressed with Spencer Brown's physicality.  He's a guy who brings some attitude - which is awesome to see in a rookie!

I was going to say the same thing...it was essentially the same defensive gameplan as the last two matchups against kc but people thought we were playing soft then lol now that the execution was better we are fearless for doing the same thing 🤣

7 hours ago, Success said:

I haven't watched enough KC - I know they dropped a couple of close ones, but he was still doing Mahomes-y things in the game last night. Some of the key turnovers were  little flukey.

I was nervous every time he got the ball, right until the end.  That team has quite a few weaknesses, but I still feel like that guy can score every time.

I'm sure you can remember a few seasons where people were questioning Brady early, and then he went on to win an AFCCG or SB....

Yup, I remember people literally writing “ Brady is done time for the Jimmy G. Era to begin.” That was the famous “we are on to Cincinnati” KC game where they got on track with Cinci.  I am just wondering if Reid has the fortitude to get the team back on track like BB and Brady did.

22 hours ago, H2o said:

Our guys were ready from the opening kickoff. It was complete domination on both sides of the ball. The energy and attitude around our squad is completely different this year as a whole. At no point did I ever feel like the game was in doubt truly nor was I ever worried about the Chiefs making a comeback. 

H20, I thought the same thing.  It looked like the team that was going to hit the bully in the mouth and say bleep you to the media.  We were it, and get over it.  Keep the swag going vs. TN, and Tampa.  Yes, I live in Tampa, and I hope we breath them down like we did to KC.  Those two are on my short list for games of the season now that we humiliated KC.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FieldGeneral said:

What McBeane have done in less than 5 years is astonishing. Not only did they find a franchise QB, they got rid of cap waste, and built a top 3 team. 

Yup. The Pegula's get a lot of heat from fans mostly because of the Sabres but they sure hit a HR with the hires of Beane and McDermott.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Well just look at KC they thought they never see a hiccup again… so remember to stay strong when that year happens as well.. because trust me KC is way way to talented not to rebound next year.  (Unless Mahomes is really hurt and playing threw it)

I don’t need to look at KC. You’re looking at this from the Pats lens. Your time just ended so it’s fresh. We’ve had 20 years to learn this lesson. We had an excellent team in the 90’s and poof, it was gone for 20 years. There’s nothing you can teach us about enjoying the moment that we haven’t already learned. We’re not taking anything for granted, we’re just enjoying what we have now. Is there something wrong with that? Isn’t that what being a fan is all about? It’s supposed to be fun and entertaining. Well… we’re having fun and being entertained. Can things change? Sure, that just means we should enjoy it even more now while it’s happening. You’d prefer we sit here and stress about what could happen in the future? Nah… sorry, I’d rather enjoy football, not make it a stressful chore. Don’t need anymore advice on this, thanks. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I don’t need to look at KC. You’re looking at this from the Pats lens. Your time just ended so it’s fresh. We’ve had 20 years to learn this lesson. We had an excellent team in the 90’s and poof, it was gone for 20 years. There’s nothing you can teach us about enjoying the moment that we haven’t already learned. We’re not taking anything for granted, we’re just enjoying what we have now. Is there something wrong with that? Isn’t that what being a fan is all about? It’s supposed to be fun and entertaining. Well… we’re having fun and being entertained. Can things change? Sure, that just means we should enjoy it even more now while it’s happening. You’d prefer we sit here and stress about what could happen in the future? Nah… sorry, I’d rather enjoy football, not make it a stressful chore. Don’t need anymore advice on this, thanks. 

Dude I was a Pats fan in 1986 when Tony Eason led the Pats to the SB against the Bears. I remember being so excited when the Pats D got the first turnover and we led 3-0.. the last lead ever in the game lol. I also remember being the patsies and how the Bills fans who travelled to NE were the only ones in the East who were not complete jerks to the Pats fans at Sullivanstadium.That’s when you had your dynasty going to 4 SB in a row.   Your fan base at least back then were damn classy why I never could hate the Bills. 

Also don’t stress enjoy it!!! But also don’t be like the band wagon fans and jump off (aka call for a complete rebuild)  IF there is a hiccup year. (See KC this year or Pats 2002) 

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Dude I was a Pats fan in 1986 when Tony Eason led the Pats to the SB against the Bears. I remember being so excited when the Pats D got the first turnover and we led 3-0.. the last lead ever in the game lol. I also remember being the patsies and how the Bills fans who travelled to NE were the only ones in the East who were not complete jerks to the Pats fans at Sullivanstadium.That’s when you had your dynasty going to 4 SB in a row.   Your fan base at least back then were damn classy why I never could hate the Bills. 

Also don’t stress enjoy it!!! But also don’t be like the band wagon fans and jump off (aka call for a complete rebuild)  IF there is a hiccup year. (See KC this year or Pats 2002) 

You know you’re on the Bills message board, right? This isn’t Patsnation or whatever sideshow they have going. You’re obviously on the wrong message board if you think you have to tell us the bolded. You don’t have to worry about us, as evidenced by the last 20 years, Are there bandwagon fans, of course. There are for every team when things go well. But those are the same fans saying “super bowl” in every comment section all of social media wide. Not here. It’s actually insulting you think you have something to teach us about bandwagon fans. 

On 10/11/2021 at 9:14 AM, CincyBillsFan said:

Baltimore was a bit lucky to beat the Chiefs getting a RB fumble when KC was in position to kick the winning FG.  And LA only beat the Chiefs by 6 points in a back & forth game.  What I saw last night was a beat down, in the Chiefs house, by the Bills.

Well cause it was not just another game as bills players and coaches tried to lead people to believe.

11 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

H20, I thought the same thing.  It looked like the team that was going to hit the bully in the mouth and say bleep you to the media.  We were it, and get over it.  Keep the swag going vs. TN, and Tampa.  Yes, I live in Tampa, and I hope we breath them down like we did to KC.  Those two are on my short list for games of the season now that we humiliated KC.

If Brady was QB in KC Sunday night that game is a FG game either way. Home run mahomes and his lack of patience and willingness to take what the defense gives him was his downfall sunday, Brady has made a living for the last 20 years doing the opposite. 

But no doubt in my mind Brady wouldn't change what he has for anything. His skill position players trump the mahomes..hill..Kelce combo all day everyday

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.