We Are No Longer Intimidated

H2o

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t make those excuses for my own team. (Pats who were a fumble and a missed FG away from being 4-1 as well. I am a firm believer you are what your record says you are.) You are right last night was a beat down. I was just stating my opinion is all. 

Yes, you are what your record says.   Almost every NFL game comes down to a few key plays.  The Pats* are also a late RTP penalty away from being 2-3.   

2 hours ago, H2o said:

The past couple of years, especially in these big games like KC or Baltimore or Tennessee, you could see that we weren't really our typical selves on both defense and offense. Last year we got past the Baltimore hurdle in the Playoffs. This year altogether is completely different. These guys really are on a mission. We also have guys stepping up to the plate in these big moments with Josh also seemingly more settled no matter the situation. Scratch the weather (because both teams had to make due), scratch who wasn't on the field (because we both had injuries), scratch a lone RTP call (because we saw which way most of the calls went), and whatever other excuse the media or Chiefs' fans want to throw out there. The fact of the matter is we went into their house, with a chip on our shoulders, and punched the bully who had been taking our lunch money right in the mouth. We then kicked him while he was down on the ground a few times for good measure. May God bless this team with good health throughout the season because this just may be our year ladies and gents. :thumbsup:

You forgot to mention Poyer’s nasty hit on Kelce, which was worth a dozen 15-yard penalties.  

• Like (+1) 5

29 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Yes, you are what your record says.   Almost every NFL game comes down to a few key plays.  The Pats* are also a late RTP penalty away from being 2-3.   

You mean 1-4 right? Because they are 2-3 lol. But exactly! I wasn’t giving excuses for my team was just an example like KC since they have the same record and I knew the Pats situation as well.  (The only difference was expectations. KC Is considered a SB contender and the Pats were a fringe playoff team at best this year.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

in the playoffs you never know, one bad day ends it all.

Which is why it's so, so important to have multiple ways to beat teams.  

2020 Bills - Allen/WR's

2021 Bills - Allen/WR's/Knox/Moss/Defense

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Muppy said:

dang this feels sooooo GOOD to be top dawgs for a change eh mateys?  Victory Monday and today its actually IMO historic due to the changing of the guard. Sooo Stoked!!

Enjoy it! You never know how long it will last so enjoy every minute of it.  Looks like the Bill, and Chargers are top dogs this year. I am still not sold on Baltimore, they won with a rabbits foot in their pocket, I don’t see that lasting into the playoffs.  

I don’t see much stopping the Bills, but the Bills and or injuries

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, H2o said:

The past couple of years, especially in these big games like KC or Baltimore or Tennessee, you could see that we weren't really our typical selves on both defense and offense. Last year we got past the Baltimore hurdle in the Playoffs. This year altogether is completely different. These guys really are on a mission. We also have guys stepping up to the plate in these big moments with Josh also seemingly more settled no matter the situation. Scratch the weather (because both teams had to make due), scratch who wasn't on the field (because we both had injuries), scratch a lone RTP call (because we saw which way most of the calls went), and whatever other excuse the media or Chiefs' fans want to throw out there. The fact of the matter is we went into their house, with a chip on our shoulders, and punched the bully who had been taking our lunch money right in the mouth. We then kicked him while he was down on the ground a few times for good measure. May God bless this team with good health throughout the season because this just may be our year ladies and gents. :thumbsup:

The difference came, for me, last year against SEATTLE.

Ever since that game, I've been 100% on board the Bills train and have faith they will show up for the big ones--even if they didn't quite do that in the AFC Championship game last year.

We got the best of the Chiefs last night, but the Chiefs are not what they were the last couple of years.  Look at their record.

I now wonder how we might stack up against TB.

But the old days of being worried that we'll fall apart under the pressure of the big game are long gone.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mannc said:

You forgot to mention Poyer’s nasty hit on Kelce, which was worth a dozen 15-yard penalties.  

Meh all he did was lower his shoulder which happened to hit Kelce in the head.  The hit was brutal but it happens all the time.  One step and that's shoulder to shoulder.

Good post. Agree I though this team could be physically dominated at times. But I think that changed when the fixed the o-line. I think they are now punishing the defense and Moss is running hard. Look at all his yards after contact and how well the lines is finishing blocks.

I dont think the D-line is punishing people but they are fresh and quick all game. 

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills totally destroyed the Chiefs. Now sadly they aren’t that good so far this year sitting at 2-3 and in last place in their division.  Now Buffalo is the big bad and the young upstart IMO is the Chargers. Matter fact if I had to pick an AFC Championship game that would be it right now. 

that’s what I’m thinking!  Browns-Bills in the Divisional Round and then a Chargers-Bills AFC Championship Game.

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills totally destroyed the Chiefs. Now sadly they aren’t that good so far this year sitting at 2-3 and in last place in their division.  Now Buffalo is the big bad and the young upstart IMO is the Chargers. Matter fact if I had to pick an AFC Championship game that would be it right now. 

The Chiefs will be fine. In hot take nation, they're all of a sudden on the decline - but that's as dangerous a team as any.

I think they're going to go on a run & re-assert themselves as among the elite.  The Bills made all of the plays yesterday, but Mahomes had some uncharacteristic turnovers, and the weather was horrendous.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Baltimore was a bit lucky to beat the Chiefs getting a RB fumble when KC was in position to kick the winning FG.  And LA only beat the Chiefs by 6 points in a back & forth game.  What I saw last night was a beat down, in the Chiefs house, by the Bills.

Well we had some luck last night as well so this "beat down" was not nearly dramatic as one would think with the score.

We got 7 right off the top instead of a completion ball off KCs hand right into the arms of Hyde.  We also received a questionable roughing the passer which negated a JAllen int.  Then we got the kickoff fumble recovery (thanks to Siran Neal heads up-pun intended-play).  Take away the TD int, there were two possessions we were "lucky" to get and we won a two possession game (again taking out the pick six)., 

Yes we beat them put but as with every game, luck was on our side and we created a lot of our own luck..  It is amazing the "new Bills", those plays I mentioned are exactly the type the Bills use to almost always lose on.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

The Bills subtly found a way to get more physical on both sides of the ball. Sanders brought a physicality and mentality to the WR corps and Spencer Brown brought a lot to the Oline as he is a physical monster. They are also using Moss more who runs in a physical manner.

Defensively they got back Star up the middle which has helped but also drafted two DE’s with high end physical profiles. This team is better built for playoff football with these subtle moves.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

Very impressed with how physical we were last night.  This team played with an edge, ferocity and capped it off by decapitating Kelce when Mahomes was inexplicably throwing hospital balls down the field end of game for no reason. 

I said we needed more dog in us after that AFCCG loss last year.... whew, safe to say that I am no longer worried about that. 

I'm just so happy that we finally decided to put hands on the chiefs playmakers and that was the difference in the game. Its great because that gameplan is reproducible so if we met the chiefs again I can feel confident that we could beat them again

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Enjoy it! You never know how long it will last so enjoy every minute of it.  Looks like the Bill, and Chargers are top dogs this year. I am still not sold on Baltimore, they won with a rabbits foot in their pocket, I don’t see that lasting into the playoffs.  

I don’t see much stopping the Bills, but the Bills and or injuries

Haha… you don't have to tell us. We’ve been waiting 20 years for this. 

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Well we had some luck last night as well so this "beat down" was not nearly dramatic as one would think with the score.

We got 7 right off the top instead of a completion ball off KCs hand right into the arms of Hyde.  We also received a questionable roughing the passer which negated a JAllen int.  Then we got the kickoff fumble recovery (thanks to Siran Neal heads up-pun intended-play).  Take away the TD int, there were two possessions we were "lucky" to get and we won a two possession game (again taking out the pick six)., 

Yes we beat them put but as with every game, luck was on our side and we created a lot of our own luck..  It is amazing the "new Bills", those plays I mentioned are exactly the type the Bills use to almost always lose on.

The "lucky" pick six even if caught by Hill would have been for no gain and the Chiefs would have been punting from their own 25.

The roughing the passer was no more questionable then the one called on Oliver.  Both were the right call under the new rules.  You can't pile drive a QB. And for the record, we should have had a first down on the previous play after Allen's run.  But that play was canceled by a phantom holding call on Morse.

As for the fumble on the kickoff, a pretty tricky tack holding call on Dawkins cancelled a great Moss run that should have had us at 1st & goal.

My point in the post you responded to was that in their 2 previous losses the Chiefs were unlucky to lose both games.  Luck had nothing to do with our thumping of KC last night.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Meh all he did was lower his shoulder which happened to hit Kelce in the head.  The hit was brutal but it happens all the time.  One step and that's shoulder to shoulder.

I didn't say Poyer deserved to be penalized.  Just that it was the kind of hit that for the last 10 years I've waited in vain for the Bills to lay on Gronk, Edelman and/or Jarvis Landry...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.