Beasely update

YoloinOhio

He's not getting less snaps because of his social media. He's getting less snaps mostly because of Knox. They Bills can now play more TE sets. 

With Knox out there, the Bills have an extra blocker and (now) an extra pass catcher. Beasley is not blocking anyone.

Bills still need him and he will have his day but this team's makeup may not be as wide open as last year.  

BTW, don't see Diggs turning on the fans about getting less action because of Knox and Sanders. He's all for the team success. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

He's not getting less snaps because of his social media. He's getting less snaps mostly because of Knox. They Bills can now play more TE sets. 

With Knox out there, the Bills have an extra blocker and (now) an extra pass catcher. Beasley is not blocking anyone.

Before we get all discursive about why Beasley is getting "less snaps", I'd just like to point out that last year, Beasley got 63% of the offensive snaps.

So far this season, he is getting....63% of the offensive snaps.

Last season his snap counts in games where he played ranged from a low of 30% (LVR) to a high of 85% (LAC)

So far this season, his snap counts range from a low of 39% to a high of 91%

I'm really not sure anything is that much different.  I think different WR get fed differently based upon what Daboll thinks will succeed that week and the defense we see on the field. 

By the way, last season per Sharp Football Stats, we ran a set with at least 1 TE 93% of the time.  This season it's actually down a bit so far, 82%.  The main thing is last season TE snaps were divided between Knox, Kroft, and Smith.  This season, it's pretty much all Knox.  Most of the difference is that our use of (1,1) set is down this season vs last season, 63% vs 71%.

Anyway,

1) factually, on average, Beasley is not actually getting less snaps this season so far.  He got less snaps the last 2 games but that could easily be matchup-driven.

2) Knox has gotten lots o' snaps in games where Beasley has too (Miami) so overall not sure they're coupled.  It may be true that Beasley got fewer snaps and Knox more last night (again, matchup driven).

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

6 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I think that Davis has plenty of raw talent, and he made some big plays last season, but I’ve often questioned if Davis is as good as many assume. He hasn’t become a consistent force in this offense, and owes some of his early success to playing with Allen. There’s isn’t much to complain about after a win like that, but we are typically a better offense when Beasley is productive. 

Which WR doesn’t owe his success to Allen? Just sayin, because they all do,  record seasons with Josh isn’t an accident, 

I remember when Andre Reed was upset about the offense not really putting much of a focus on him, having a reduced role, and seeing the team succeed without him as the number one. But I don't think this is the same thing.

Even if he says a lot of dumb things on Twitter & spreads a bunch of misinformation, he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who is "me, me, me!" or gets upset in the face of a huge win just because he didn't get more personal accolades. 

He probably wants to contribute more, sure, but I doubt he'd cause drama over it. Allen only had 15 completed passes all night, so how many receptions could anyone really have?

You've got Diggs, Beasley, Knox, Sanders, Davis, Singletary & Moss, so that's already 7 people r1ight there. If you give each of them 2 receptions, and you're nearly at the total for the entire game (I know that's not the real numbers, just an example). Point is, if Allen was distributing evenly, nobody really could get a huge workload & focus. It was a team effort, through & through.

So yeah, it's more likely off the field stuff that resulted in his Twitter being deactivated. He almost surely got talked to about his comments regarding vaccines/Bills fans booing him. Unfortunately, he KNOWS deactivating his Twitter makes it a story in itself. Instead of just stopping the Tweets, he burned it all down so people would promptly notice & start talking. 

Either way, I still love the guy as a player & hope he sticks around. 

46 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Doesn’t surprise me, esp an overly censored platform like Twitter. 

Going against the narrative has consequences. 

I think you mean "going against the facts have consequences."

I've never seen Twitter censor anyone for anything other than hate speech or deliberately spreading misinformation. In fact, Twitter didn't even do anything about Beasley. He did it himself.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Beasley is at times his own worst enemy, when he does act out, it reflects poorly on the organization, and the hand that feeds him gets cranky.   Humans are all inherently flawed, especially when we allow ourselves to be trapped in our own echo chambers… and that goes for all of us, not just the little dummy, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I hope this is just he don’t want the distraction of social media. I hope that the Bills find a way to get him involved in the offense. I can easily see teams mimicking the two deep safe defense that worked against KC.

If that’s the case they will need Beasley to help the dinking and dunking up the field.

Teams can mimick the two deep but it also takes a pair of outstanding safeties and great CB's to get the job done.

Can they mimick the Bills defensive talent. I would argue not many can.

Edited by Beast

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Before we get all discursive about why Beasley is getting "less snaps", I'd just like to point out that last year, Beasley got 63% of the offensive snaps.

Last season his snap counts in games where he played ranged from a low of 30% (LVR) to a high of 85% (LAC)

I'm really not sure anything is that much different.  I think different WR get fed differently based upon what Daboll thinks will succeed that week and the defense we see on the field. 

By the way, last season per Sharp Football Stats, we ran a set with at least 1 TE 93% of the time.  This season it's actually down a bit so far, 82%.  The main thing is last season TE snaps were divided between Knox, Kroft, and Smith.  This season, it's pretty much all Knox.  Most of the difference is that our use of (1,1) set is down this season vs last season, 63% vs 71%.

Anyway,

1) factually, on average, Beasley is not actually getting less snaps this season so far.  He got less snaps the last 2 games but that could easily be matchup-driven.

2) Knox has gotten lots o' snaps in games where Beasley has too (Miami) so overall not sure they're coupled.  It may be true that Beasley got fewer snaps and Knox more last night (again, matchup driven).

A+ post.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Buffalo has Scored 35 against Miami, 40 against Houston, 38 against KC, and Beasley had 7 catches in those 3 games.

They are producing without him.

This is his last year in buffalo.

Gabriel Davis has 2 catches from those 3 games.

Is this his last year in Buffalo?

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Or getting tired of not playing 

Same thing last week. He would run out n get signaled back. I started a thread last week on it. 

I honestly think this O could be better n 3rd n Cole was a 1st down machine last year. 

But we ran more 3+WR sets last year,this year not so much.

1 play in particular last night,Allen dumped it off to a RB and Cole was running up the same sideline,uncovered.  He's a professional,great WR imo and will bounce back. Going to need a guy like him to win a SB

5 minutes ago, Rubes said:

A+ post.

Ya. This O is built where the ball can literally go to any WR/TE/RB on any play. Makes it much worse on the defense. 

You look at KC and there's a significant drop off after Hill n Kelce and we exposed that last night. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Anyway,

IF there is an issue, which I would not be shocked at either way, it is not going to just be playing time/snaps. It will include targets. It is not a super far leap that a guy like Beasley who gets off on the "everybody is out to get me" (which is fine, a lot of athletes do this) sees two games in a row where he is targeted just twice in each and he thinks there is a problem. 

For reference, Beasley has never been held to 2 or less targets, and/or 2 or less catches in back to back games in his career. 

Factually Beasly's snap count is fine. His role to the offense as a whole is also fine. But that might not be how Beasley interprets it. 

I think the conversation is worth while given how loud Cole has been this year in general. Deleting twitter is a sudden change. So is his lack of involvement. It may or may not have any teeth. 

6 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

22 snaps against KC - lowest since LV game last season - team first or me first ?

I think the Bills had 54 offensive snaps total. I really don’t think the game plan was a product of anything other than doing what the coaches thought would work. If anyone is reading to much into things it’s us the fans, and the media, but hopefully not Bease. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.