Beasely update

YoloinOhio

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Or getting tired of not playing 

Yeah, and even when he is on the field he isn’t being targeted much. Think the Bills are trying to tell him something? Have to wonder if the Organization knows they won’t be able to keep him and Gabe Davis after 2021 and they are kicking the tires on that scenario. My money is on Davis.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

5 minutes ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Yeah, and even when he is on the field he isn’t being targeted much. Think the Bills are trying to tell him something? Have to wonder if the Organization knows they won’t be able to keep him and Gabe Davis after 2021 and they are kicking the tires on that scenario. My money is on Davis.

If that was true then where is Davis’s production?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Davis has two years left after this one of a 4th round rookie deal. He is here until at LEAST the end of the 2023 season. 

Honestly based on age and contract I think Beas was always likely gone after this year. The vaccine thing makes it more likely. 

As for usage last night... especially first half the Bills used some funky formations and personnel groupings to confuse KC. Big personnel that they passed out of etc and I that had something to do with his lower than usual usage.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Beast said:

If that was true then where is Davis’s production?

I think that Davis has plenty of raw talent, and he made some big plays last season, but I’ve often questioned if Davis is as good as many assume. He hasn’t become a consistent force in this offense, and owes some of his early success to playing with Allen. There’s isn’t much to complain about after a win like that, but we are typically a better offense when Beasley is productive. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Gabe Davis is a rookie under contract until 2023.  He’s here regardless so not sure what you mean.  Beasely is under contract through 2022, and has a dead cap of $1.5 mil., meaning in 2022, it costs us $4.6 mil. to keep his services as the $1.5 is a sunk cost.

To me, Beasley’s skills are worth $4.6 mil., so he’s not going anywhere.  There might be an argument, the Bills are using others a little more and he is responding by turning off his social media.  I don’t see with a SB run scenario this year and maybe the next us moving on from him.  A little overreaction.  Sending a message is possible though.  I may not like his vocal stance on the health issues, but he is a helluva slot WR.

The exception is if we decide a WR is just too valuable not to draft where we are at and we go younger.  That’s possible, but don’t forget we may not retain Sanders even as good as he’s played.  Something to think about in Feb./March, not now.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I think that Davis has plenty of raw talent, and he made some big plays last season, but I’ve often questioned if Davis is as good as many assume. He hasn’t become a consistent force in this offense, and owes some of us early success to playing with Allen. There’s isn’t much to complain about after a win like that, but we are typically a better offense when Beasley is productive. 

I don't think you're being fair to Davis.

- He is not a consistent force in this offense because of Diggs and Sanders. No receiver short of the NFL's elite would overtake those two.

- You could say that Allen owes some of last year's success to Davis. I'll say that they teamed for some exceptional receptions.

However, I agree that a productive Beasley helps us to be the best that we can be.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I kept trying to find Beasley when they would show the sideline towards the end of the game. I saw Diggs having fun and cutting up with the other guys. At some point if I am Cole I got to ask myself, “why not enjoy this with my team?”. I actually like that he took down his Twitter, there will be plenty of time to get on there and share his beliefs. He of all people  knows how hard it is to be on a NFL team that is capable of winning the Super Bowl

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

I don't think you're being fair to Davis.

- He is not a consistent force in this offense because of Diggs and Sanders. No receiver short of the NFL's elite would overtake those two.

- You could say that Allen owes some of last year's success to Davis. I'll say that they teamed for some exceptional receptions.

However, I agree that a productive Beasley helps us to be the best that we can be.

I agree, but I also think there’s room for a third receiver. Much of the underneath stuff that could have gone to Beasley or Davis went to Moss and Singletary last night. Knox’s development impacts the amount of targets other guys get, but I believe there’s room for a slot guy, in addition to a pair of great outside guys. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.