Collinsworth was almost impossible to listen to.

Inigo Montoya

1 hour ago, Success said:

He was just wrong. We noticed that he let 2 very questionable calls against the Bills go by without any real comment, but on the roughing call, it was all "water cooler" this and "I don't know" that.

He made a whole thing about getting inside on their pads earlier in the night, then on the morse one he says "textbook hold".  And michaels legit said - i don't know about thaaaat.  

The 2nd missed DPI on diggs too... "great coverage, he's having himself a game"... Michaels - looks like he pulled his arm a bit early

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 2

I am not one to complain about commentating. I don't know that I have ever really had an issue with anyone in the 25 year period I have watched every bills game. 

Last night was atrocious. From the very first minute of the game Collinsworth seemed committed to putting a chiefs spin on the game. It felt like I was watching the local broadcast of a hockey game. It was bizarre, annoying and unprofessional. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

I am not one to complain about commentating. I don't know that I have ever really had an issue with anyone in the 25 year period I have watched every bills game. 

Last night was atrocious. From the very first minute of the game Collinsworth seemed committed to putting a chiefs spin on the game. It felt like I was watching the local broadcast of a hockey game. It was bizarre, annoying and unprofessional. 

Collinsworth only wrote one pregame narrative and he was determined to shoehorn that narrative into the proceedings regardless of how ridiculous and biased he looked otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

At this point I'd listen to an alternate Smothers Brothers commentary instead of this guy.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I switched to Audacy and surprisingly it played. Normally it doesn't work but it did last night, maybe they changed the rules again or it was a sunday night special.

The Bills app works for the radio feed most days. Though a few Sundays ago it was a bit intermittent. It's also a challenge to keep the audio synced with the video.

12 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Collinsworth was horrific last night.  He doesn't even attempt to be balanced in his commentary.  It got so bad Collinsworth was actually trending on Twitter for a while about how one sided his commentary was.  These weren't Bills fans, they were neutral football fans bombing Collinsworth.  

He raked Josh over the coals for his intentional grounding and made it sound like Josh does that all the time.  I'll take ONE play like that, a play that fails when Josh starts to improvise if I also get to take the other FIVE amazing plays he makes running around back there like Houdini.  Case in point, the long Knox TD.  Should Allen have just thrown the ball away on that play?  That ability to extend a play is a huge part of Allen's game and is much more of a benefit than a liability for this offense.  Just another ignorant take on Collinsworth's part.  

Every time the Bills failed to make a play in the second half Collinsworth had to chime in that if the Bills lose this game "this could be the moment" where it all started to slip away. It's like he was just trying to will a miraculous Mahomes comeback into existence.... just because he wanted to see it so badly.

But the Gold Medal for Collinsworth ignorance goes to his commentary on Frank Clark's roughing penalty on Allen.  Collinsworth said that in the morning everyone will be talking about that call and how it changed the game.  If you want to start arguing bad penalties in this game I'm down for that.  That roughing penalty against Clark was a hell of a lot more roughing than Oliver's roughing penalty against Mahomes.  It also was a bigger penalty than the BS holding penalty called on Morse on the play right before Clark's roughing call.  That phantom hold brought back a Josh Allen scramble for a 1st down.

Collinsworth made it sound like that roughing penalty was somehow the turning point in the entire game.  Never mind the Bills defense and special teams coming up with a +4 turnover differential, or a Mahomes Pick Six, or the Bills winning by THREE scores in Arrowhead.  It was all that bogus roughing the passer penalty in the fourth quarter of the game.  That's why the Bills won.  What a bunch of crap.

Collinsworth has no business doing national broadcasts.  He needs to take a job with the Bucs or the Chiefs so he can just call their games and b*ll wash Brady and Mahomes full time.

***EDIT:     Sorry mods, don't know how I missed the other Collinsworth thread.  Feel free to merge. ***

I couldnt have said said it better myself Inigo!! I was streaming the game on Peacock and their post game had Chris Simms who came right on and refuted alot of the Collinsworth BS commentry he acted kinda pissed about it actually without coming right and calling Collinsworth out, it was nice to hear after hearing all that s*** from the pencil neck

• Like (+1) 1

Collinsworth was bad, bad, bad.

He made endless excuses for Mahomes, for the Chiefs offense, and for the Chiefs' struggles in general.

Listening to him, I got the impression that he had a pre-conceived narrative of what he wanted to see play out, and he was almost disappointed when things didn't play out that way.

For a defense to do to Mahomes and the Chiefs what the Bills defense just did is massively impressive. Points wise, it was the biggest regular season loss of the Mahomes era, but you sure wouldn't know it from listening to that broadcast.

For a team to exit that game scoring 35 points per game over the last four games, AND having the number one defense in the league, AND destroying the Chiefs at Arrowhead, you'd think there would have been a lot of excitement and hype and accolades going the Bills' way...instead it was an immediate "what went wrong for the Chiefs?" post-mortem. Sure, he may have said a few nice things about the Bills, but it was too little, too late by far. 

That was NOT unbiased commentary. 

Collinsworth is arrogant, pompous, biased, and he doesn't add anything to the game whatsoever. I already don't much care for his mini-me son Jac (or the dumb spelling of his name), either. Load both Collinsworths into a cannon and fire them into the sun and be done with it.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I could not listen to Collinsworth continually sucking off KC. So I did what I do. Muted that biased ***** show and turned on Murph. 

that was a very bad look for NBC and Sunday Night football. Especially when he was advocating gator rolling Allen’s legs that was disgusting. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Collinsworth was horrific last night.  He doesn't even attempt to be balanced in his commentary.  It got so bad Collinsworth was actually trending on Twitter for a while about how one sided his commentary was.  These weren't Bills fans, they were neutral football fans bombing Collinsworth.  

He raked Josh over the coals for his intentional grounding and made it sound like Josh does that all the time.  I'll take ONE play like that, a play that fails when Josh starts to improvise if I also get to take the other FIVE amazing plays he makes running around back there like Houdini.  Case in point, the long Knox TD.  Should Allen have just thrown the ball away on that play?  That ability to extend a play is a huge part of Allen's game and is much more of a benefit than a liability for this offense.  Just another ignorant take on Collinsworth's part.  

Every time the Bills failed to make a play in the second half Collinsworth had to chime in that if the Bills lose this game "this could be the moment" where it all started to slip away. It's like he was just trying to will a miraculous Mahomes comeback into existence.... just because he wanted to see it so badly.

But the Gold Medal for Collinsworth ignorance goes to his commentary on Frank Clark's roughing penalty on Allen.  Collinsworth said that in the morning everyone will be talking about that call and how it changed the game.  If you want to start arguing bad penalties in this game I'm down for that.  That roughing penalty against Clark was a hell of a lot more roughing than Oliver's roughing penalty against Mahomes.  It also was a bigger penalty than the BS holding penalty called on Morse on the play right before Clark's roughing call.  That phantom hold brought back a Josh Allen scramble for a 1st down.

Collinsworth made it sound like that roughing penalty was somehow the turning point in the entire game.  Never mind the Bills defense and special teams coming up with a +4 turnover differential, or a Mahomes Pick Six, or the Bills winning by THREE scores in Arrowhead.  It was all that bogus roughing the passer penalty in the fourth quarter of the game.  That's why the Bills won.  What a bunch of crap.

Collinsworth has no business doing national broadcasts.  He needs to take a job with the Bucs or the Chiefs so he can just call their games and b*ll wash Brady and Mahomes full time.

***EDIT:     Sorry mods, don't know how I missed the other Collinsworth thread.  Feel free to merge. ***

My solution was to mute the broadcast.  I unmuted when the Bills made a good play.

I do have to say, both he and Al had no choice but to rave about Allen on the leap2 play.

13 minutes ago, jletha said:

the weirdest part was on every third down he would say "Lets see what my pal Spags dials up here!" like Spags is some defensive genius. The Chiefs defense stinks, and can't dial up anything. He did the same thing 3-4 times. 

He kept saying things like "Watch out Allen, you never know where it's coming from!" and then they would drop 7 into coverage.  He tried to predict a blitz like 3 plays in a row and they NEVER blitzed. Maybe he's not as good of friends with Spags as he thinks he is.

• Like (+1) 1

Where I live I can't get WGR during the games so have to suffer.  I just try to tune him out but last night was darn near impossible.  Good thing my wife went to bed, she would have really hated him in the 2nd half when he seemed even worse.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.