Collinsworth was almost impossible to listen to.

Inigo Montoya

3 hours ago, Perry Turtle said:

Collinsworth came up with a narrative before the game started, and then tried to fit his call of the game to that narrative.

He obviously saw the Chiefs as some kind of sleeping giant who was going to flip some switch to take down the overmatched Bills.

Mahomes and Reid weren't a couple of guys who can't figure out the Tampa 2 defense, they were unstoppable geniuses who only needed a couple of plays to figure out this pesky defense.  He even chided the Bills for not blitzing.

Defensively you would have thought that the Chiefs were thr 85 Bears instead of one of the worst units in the League this year.

Collinsworth pulled his script from last year, completely missing the fact that the Bills were playing better football than KC this year.  They even played that stupid graphic claiming the Bills haven't beaten any good QBs this year, missing the fact that the Bills didn't just beat those QBs, they annihilated them.

Collinsworth approach was bad because it was formulaic, tired, and lazy.  You wonder if he actually has followed what has been going on in the league this season.

100% agree. I noticed that as well. He could not accept that he was wrong and came up with nothing but excuses to stick with his narrative. 

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

In the sequence the roughing call on Clark was bad.  The holding call on Morse was worse.  The Penalty Gods evened it out.  Collingsworth's commentary.  Not so even..  The Bills were the better team last night.  The Better team won.. 

Even I felt that the roughing call was awful... not even satisfied with it EXCEPT for the fact that it just negated the previous awful holding call against Morse. Both were ridiculous but evened out so all was good.

God awful.  It was bad enough a lot of the night and then he just kept going and going moving on to other parts of the Chiefs staff/players.  So, OK, the Chiefs are good.  You like them.  Fine.  But my god.

And then, the roughly 45 minutes of ball washing that he started in the 2nd half of Steve Spagnola is when it actually pushed me over the edge.  

Let's see what Spags comes up with.  Watch Spags here.  My goodness, Spags is making them guess on if he's bringing pressure or not.  This guy Spags is going to get the Chiefs back in the game.  Spags, spags, spags.  What?  He made Spagnola out to be Buddy Ryan for a while.  

Their defense sucks.  They sucked again.  And Spags had ZERO answers last night.  I usually don't mind announcers either, but he was so blatantly biased last night, that if you watch the game again, even Al Michaels was trying to even him out a bit.  Michaels could sense it.

Nauseating last night.  Absolutely has to be one of his worst games as a national announcer, ever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

CC is pretty bad the majority of the time, sad really, he used to know how to act…, 

6 hours ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

In my opinion the worst was when it called "blatant" the DPI of White on Kelce.

It seemed to me that Travis dragged Tre into the ground, moreover the ball was not receivable.

Yeah that was the 3rd blown call that was outrageous.  I actually think they just got the number wrong on the Mitch holding call, that someone else on our Oline line held. 

There's no other explanation, Mitch barely touched anyone and they were only calling blatant stuff.

3 hours ago, eball said:

Worst announcing of the night was Collinsworth questioning the roughing call against KC that was 100x more severe than what they called against Oliver earlier.

Yes he is a biased mofo, and was again. But for this he was right. Oliver hit low, that's a no no, while KC's guy pulled away, he had his arms behind his back ha ha. Still, Morse call just previous was awfu,. Diggs no call, PI against Tre... without any comment on that sense.

8 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Collinsworth was horrific last night.  He doesn't even attempt to be balanced in his commentary.  It got so bad Collinsworth was actually trending on Twitter for a while about how one sided his commentary was.  These weren't Bills fans, they were neutral football fans bombing Collinsworth.  

He raked Josh over the coals for his intentional grounding and made it sound like Josh does that all the time.  I'll take ONE play like that, a play that fails when Josh starts to improvise if I also get to take the other FIVE amazing plays he makes running around back there like Houdini.  Case in point, the long Knox TD.  Should Allen have just thrown the ball away on that play?  That ability to extend a play is a huge part of Allen's game and is much more of a benefit than a liability for this offense.  Just another ignorant take on Collinsworth's part.  

Every time the Bills failed to make a play in the second half Collinsworth had to chime in that if the Bills lose this game "this could be the moment" where it all started to slip away. It's like he was just trying to will a miraculous Mahomes comeback into existence.... just because he wanted to see it so badly.

But the Gold Medal for Collinsworth ignorance goes to his commentary on Frank Clark's roughing penalty on Allen.  Collinsworth said that in the morning everyone will be talking about that call and how it changed the game.  If you want to start arguing bad penalties in this game I'm down for that.  That roughing penalty against Clark was a hell of a lot more roughing than Oliver's roughing penalty against Mahomes.  It also was a bigger penalty than the BS holding penalty called on Morse on the play right before Clark's roughing call.  That phantom hold brought back a Josh Allen scramble for a 1st down.

Collinsworth made it sound like that roughing penalty was somehow the turning point in the entire game.  Never mind the Bills defense and special teams coming up with a +4 turnover differential, or a Mahomes Pick Six, or the Bills winning by THREE scores in Arrowhead.  It was all that bogus roughing the passer penalty in the fourth quarter of the game.  That's why the Bills won.  What a bunch of crap.

Collinsworth has no business doing national broadcasts.  He needs to take a job with the Bucs or the Chiefs so he can just call their games and b*ll wash Brady and Mahomes full time.

***EDIT:     Sorry mods, don't know how I missed the other Collinsworth thread.  Feel free to merge. ***

Look I know he’s still just getting his feet wet with college games but just turn it over to Drew Brees and put this guy out to pasture my goodness 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

First of all.........TWO threads about Collinsworth?   Really?:lol:

And when he commended Klein for drilling Mahomes close to the sideline was that anti-Bills too?

It's comical watching people complain about officiating and perceived slights from talking heads.    How valuable is the play-by-play?   If you hate it, turn it off.

Lotta' ingracious winners on the board this am. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And when he commended Klein for drilling Mahomes close to the sideline was that anti-Bills too?

It's comical watching people complain about officiating and perceived slights from talking heads.    How valuable is the play-by-play?   If you hate it, turn it off.

With all due respect he was actually advocating sucker punching Allen when he was on the ground I’ll pass 

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah.  He was brutal, and a ton of other fans from other teams around the country are not only talking about it, but roasting him for it as well.  And he doesn't do play by play, he does color.  Al Michaels does play by play and is fine.  He's a good listen.  Collinsworth, when doing whatever it was he was doing last night, was borderline ridiculous and insufferable.  Collinsworth cheapened the broadcast.  Most of the country, that he also annoyed, wasn't wrong.

Edited by Lv-Bills
  • Like (+1) 2

On 9/27/2021 at 4:41 PM, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:
5 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Just imagine if a player twisted Tom Brady's Kotex like this?? Ejection and suspension I'm sure! Josh needs to start getting some star treatment now too.  

No Rodger would order the police to run on to the field to arrest that player and then he would run on to the field to check the status of Tom.

He was terrible all night. However, I didn't see this mentioned yet. The Mahomes completion to whatever WR where there were three Bills defenders around and Collinsworth could barely stop vomiting his praise for Pat. He said something like "whoa, wow. You should NOT be able to fit that in there. OMG." Watching the replay, it was just another NFL completion tbh.

And then on the final Allen TD to Sanders he said nothing. Even if that wasn't a TD it was an insane throw into a tight window with no room for error.

But whatever 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Rick 'r Mortis
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Lv-Bills said:

Nah.  He was brutal, and a ton of other fans from other teams around the country are not only talking about it, but roasting him for it as well.  And he doesn't do play by play, he does color.  Al Michaels does play by play and is fine.  He's a good listen.  Collinsworth, when doing whatever it was he was doing last night, was borderline ridiculous and insufferable.  Collinsworth cheapened the broadcast.  Most of the country, that he also annoyed, wasn't wrong.

After years of losing Bills fans have become accustomed to Collinsworth giving props to the better team........which of course, usually wasn't the Bills.   There were tons of examples of Bills ball-washing as well.   He actually said that the game in Buffalo last year decided home field.    The Chiefs were 14-1 and the Bills were 12-3 going into meaningless finales.   Do the math.  Don't hear anyone complaining about that though.

He gave Buffalo plenty of props,  deserved or otherwise.

As for fans of other teams roasting him........do we have a thread on here every week about Collinsworth?    The answer is no.   That says it all.   Fans only scrutinize this ***** if it's their team or some team they are rooting against.   There are a lot of people rooting against the Chiefs now because they've had home field advantage for 3 straight playoffs and been to the last two SB's.  That's the way it works.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.