Collinsworth was almost impossible to listen to.

Inigo Montoya

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

But the Gold Medal for Collingsworth ignorance goes to his commentary on Frank Clark's roughing penalty on Allen

IMHO his most ignorant statement was when he was lauding Mario Addison and stated that Mario can play coverages and has led the Bills in sacks for the last 3 or 4 years. 

Nice prep work Chris!   Not even close!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Well, they are paid to hate on the Bills. Come on... Did you exist in the 90's? X-files even hated on us... You don't need to believe me; here is proof:

I know... I'm old... But it's part of our "cultural heritage" to hate on the Bills.

Also, that kinda BS makes me love us, even more!

First X Files episode I ever saw and I screamed "I KNEW IT!" when that guy mentioned the Bills. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

He’s an embarrassment to broadcasters everywhere.  He knows what he’s saying isn’t factual, but feels the need to ruin the broadcast with his horse manure.

Whats worse is Michaels didn’t even try to reel him in.

Honestly, these two have been my least favorite for some time.  Collingsworth is a D-nozzle extraordinaire,  and Michaels built a career off a single call - “do you believe in miracles”.

• Disagree 1

OK , I rarely say much of anything about the announcers but Collingsworth needs a talking to by somebody. His blatant favoritism was on display all night. 

And…while we’re at, did anybody count how many commercials Mahomes was featured in throughout the game? Why does he even need a paycheck to play? Sheeeesh!

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

But the Gold Medal for Collingsworth ignorance goes to his commentary on Frank Clark's roughing penalty on Allen.  Collingsworth said that in the morning everyone will be talking about that call and how it changed the game.  If you want to start arguing bad penalties in this game I'm down for that.  That roughing penalty against Clark was a hell of a lot more roughing than Oliver's roughing penalty against Mahomes.  It also was a bigger penalty than the BS holding penalty called on Morse on the play right before Clark's roughing call.  That phantom hold brought back a Josh Allen scramble for a 1st down.

Thought the roughing was a make up call for the holding. Ball ended up a little short of where the JA scramble would have, but almost a wash. Agree with everything else in your post as well. Sadly, this was the most objective he's ever been about the Bills. Not sure why he hates us so much. Not sure if a citation is needed for this, but from this guy's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/WorstCommentatorEver/photos/a.3159528527421513/3468974199810276/ :

Top 5 reasons the XFL is better than the NFL:

1. No Chris Collinsworth

2. No Chris Collinsworth

3. No Chris Collinsworth

4. No Chris Collinsworth

5. No Chris Collinsworth

I didn't hate him last night, really... for most of the game

I was bothered they didn't even mention the kelce pi pass was 15 feet out of bounds, and they seemed to purposely not show where the ball went on the replay.

Then Oliver's terrible roughing the passer call.  The game was dead right there without that help (and that was before the kelce play)

The diggs no pi call too. 

All this right in succession.

Followed by the bills, starting to stagger and get a huge allen first down nullified by a phantom holding call.

So then you get the roughing the passer on allen.  Borderline to soft, but the way Allen's feet kicked up sold it to the ref, and it did appear the defender drove him down just a little.

Collinsworth then decided to make that the major narrative on why the game turned out the way it did.  Very low class and terrible announcing 

Edited by May Day 10

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

He was insufferable last night. Halfway through Q1 I switched over to the Bills radio broadcast on CMF here in ROC. Thank god it was synced up, even a second ahead, which was better than the usual 5-10 seconds behind. 

I do this for just about every game. With my DVR, I can easily sync the audio/video. I may be a few seconds behind but it saves SO much mental aggravation during the game. I highly recommend it!

• Inigo Montoya changed the title to Collinsworth was almost impossible to listen to.
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.