Tonight’s Officiating.....

Special K

8 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I dont think they could have made it anymore obvious that the refs were actually cheating for the Chiefs in the 2nd half.

2nd half? There were 6 penalties on the Bills in the 1st qtr. They ignored the PI on Diggs and the Oliver late hit was ridiculous. The NFL has a ton of advertising revenue wrapped up in Mahomes. I counted 7 different commercials during the SNF game. If you're going to help a certain team/player at least have the courtesy to disguise it.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It went both ways at times, but damn that was rough.  Some really bad timing calls against the Bills.  

I love that we didn’t adjust our style of play because of it 

Look up 'holding' in the NFL rulebook and you'll see an 8x10 glossy of Chief's OT Orlando Brown. It was borderline criminal what the refs were letting him get away with all night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I feel like we are a little more diverse on offense than the Chiefs. 

I'll give you that. Reid is bullheaded too, when he decides he wants to do something he's going to do it. He runs his script basically no matter what. Saw plenty of that when he was in Philly. He gets away with it a lot of the time but when plan A doesn't go well adjusting on the fly is not his forte.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

I'll give you that. Reid is bullheaded too, when he decides he wants to do something he's going to do it. He runs his script basically no matter what. Saw plenty of that when he was in Philly. He gets away with it a lot of the time but when plan A doesn't go well adjusting on the fly is not his forte.

Agree. He has never been a great adjustments coach. 

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yep. And the book really is written now on how to slow the Chiefs offense. Only ever rush 4 and drop the safeties deep on every play. Essentially shut down their big plays make them work for it and even the best QB's while having to dink and dunk down the field will throw tip pass interceptions and fumble snaps. 

To make that work you have to have a deep set of D linemen, who can all play.  Most teams don't have that.  By rotating so many guys in, they stayed fresh, while the O linemen for the Chiefs all played every snap (as far as I know).  The Chiefs ran a lot more plays.  Ordinarily that's an advantage for the offense because the defenders get tired more quickly.  Frazier McBeane showed how to flip that.

Of course it would have been better if Milano had played, but with this game plan I'm not sure how much better.  Frazier's game plan protected Klein, letting him do good things and not letting him get burned.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Was fine.  When people were bitching all first half about the officiating, the Chiefs had 6 calls against while the Bills had five.  The only bad call was the Morse holding.  No defending that call but they made up for it with the roughing call the next play - which was a good call as the defender hit Allen with weight coming down on him.   I'm so sick of all the posts criticizing the refs. White PI was obvious. Dawkins hold was tic tac but was also obvious.  Poyer personal foul was obvious.  The roughing on Oliver could have been a no call but they are paid to protect the superstar QBs.  

Half the posters on this board don't even know the rules.  People thought the holding call the Bills declined would have been 1st and 20.  

Sorry dude but the Oliver call was ABSOLUTELY BULLSHEET!!!!!  The others yes they were calls.....what pissed me off....a 15 year college official here -  was the complete lack of holding by the Chefs that were holding calls against the Bills.  Carl Cheffers crew should be blown up and...well no one should be allowed to call another game again.  They were bad....sorry but they were.

• Agree 2

That Roughing the passer call really bailed out the Bills when the game was still in doubt. That being said I would have to look at how the game was called in terms of consistency. That's what the players and coaches want from officiating. Officiating in almost any sport has a high degree of subjectivity and the NFL is no different. However the key is to call a game consistently. If you are calling a game tight the whole way through then that's fine the players and coaches will adjust knowing that you are calling it tight. If you are letting things go let them go the whole way through. This game felt like it was being called tight the whole way which is fine but I think you would have to review each play to really know. 

27 minutes ago, Special K said:

......was atrocious!!!

How could such a horrible crew be tasked with such an important game??

They seemed to be as much in the tank for the Chiefs to win as Collingsworth was!!

The league needs to investigate these clowns immediately.

Bills still win by 18 even with the Zebras in the Chiefs pocket....that’s how good the Bills are, folks!!

if you think tonight was some sort of out of line with how games are usually called, well, you don’t watch much football beyond the Bills. 

You’re right, of course, the officiating is atrocious. It is atrocious across all games though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I was apoplectic during the game. I actually thought a ref might have been bent at some point. 

I felt the same way.

I know the Bills historically don't get the benefit of the doubt from the officials, but this really felt like something more.....

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

That Roughing the passer call really bailed out the Bills when the game was still in doubt. That being said I would have to look at how the game was called in terms of consistency. That's what the players and coaches want from officiating. Officiating in almost any sport has a high degree of subjectivity and the NFL is no different. However the key is to call a game consistently. If you are calling a game tight the whole way through then that's fine the players and coaches will adjust knowing that you are calling it tight. If you are letting things go let them go the whole way through. This game felt like it was being called tight the whole way which is fine but I think you would have to review each play to really know. 

To me the thing was that crew was losing control of the game early and they had to call all the bs calls against both teams to assert control again.....basically both teams got hosed....The Bills a bit more but they beat both opponents tonight....The Chefs and da Refs.....

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I honestly think fans think they were worse than they were. The DPI on Tre was the one horrible call but that is who this crew is. They err on the side of throwing flags. 

EDIT: Ethan reminds me of the Morse hold. That was non-existent as well. Bad call.

Thought both RTP penalties were rule book fouls thar could have been let go. They might have called a PI on Fenton against Diggs, but I didn't mind the no call. Rousseau did get held a few times without flags but we got away with a hold on our first touchdown. 

Like overall KC got a couple more calls than we did but I didn't think it was more than most good teams get at home. 

The calls they made almost evened out, it was the calls that weren’t  made that were frustrating…

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Like (+1) 1

I think the refs were bad. Not just in our game but in a few games across the league. It’s not as one sided as is being talked about on here. We got away with a fair amount of holding just like Neing or however you spell their RT’s name. Just like in boxing, don’t leave it up to the refs and we didn’t. The league as a whole is suffering from bad officiating. 

55 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It went both ways at times, but damn that was rough.  Some really bad timing calls against the Bills.  

I love that we didn’t adjust our style of play because of it 

I watched the Niners/Arizona game and thought there were a ridiculous number of penalties.  Then I watched the Bills game.

55 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Agreed. The optics on that play were far worst then any actual contact Tre made. But it's just one of those bad luck plays for Tre and the Bills. The flag pretty much has to be thrown their or you never hear the end of the "Chiefs got jobbed" crowd.

yeah kelce sold it well - but the refs really should have been able to identify that the ball was uncatchable.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.