Tonight’s Officiating.....

Special K

......was atrocious!!!

How could such a horrible crew be tasked with such an important game??

They seemed to be as much in the tank for the Chiefs to win as Collingsworth was!!

The league needs to investigate these clowns immediately.

Bills still win by 18 even with the Zebras in the Chiefs pocket....that’s how good the Bills are, folks!!

• Like (+1) 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 18
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

There were a couple calls I didn't like, but I'll bet if we go back and look, there was a lot of defensive holding we did that went uncalled. That's the Chiefs gameplan and the Pats gameplan. Betting the refs won't call it every single down. It's about damned time we started to play that game because they are right, they won't call it all the time.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

Was fine.  When people were bitching all first half about the officiating, the Chiefs had 6 calls against while the Bills had five.  The only bad call was the Morse holding.  No defending that call but they made up for it with the roughing call the next play - which was a good call as the defender hit Allen with weight coming down on him.   I'm so sick of all the posts criticizing the refs. White PI was obvious. Dawkins hold was tic tac but was also obvious.  Poyer personal foul was obvious.  The roughing on Oliver could have been a no call but they are paid to protect the superstar QBs.  

Half the posters on this board don't even know the rules.  People thought the holding call the Bills declined would have been 1st and 20.  

• Vomit 4
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

It was going both ways, at least...

The worst streak of officiating for me wasn't even the Morse hold/Clark roughing series. 

The worst was the no-call PI on Felton and then the PI called on Tre on the uncatchable ball. That fueled the almost-comeback as the Chiefs subsequently scored to make it an 11 point game.

You could tell at that point that the refs were hoping to get this game closer to the betting line.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

I don’t mind if they call it tight but call it both ways. The holds by Dawkins and Morse called, the ones on Rousseau and Hughes ignored. The defensive holding on every effing third down by the Bills and Chiefs getting stops on clear PIs.

The only wash was the dueling RtP’s against Miss Mahomey and on Josh The Unit.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I honestly think fans think they were worse than they were. The DPI on Tre was the one horrible call but that is who this crew is. They err on the side of throwing flags. 

EDIT: Ethan reminds me of the Morse hold. That was non-existent as well. Bad call.

Thought both RTP penalties were rule book fouls thar could have been let go. They might have called a PI on Fenton against Diggs, but I didn't mind the no call. Rousseau did get held a few times without flags but we got away with a hold on our first touchdown. 

Like overall KC got a couple more calls than we did but I didn't think it was more than most good teams get at home. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

There was two calls on Diggs the refs refused to called. Both plays his arm was held which is why he was pissed. But they gave us the Josh Allen roughing call and well you all know what happened. It was a gg and glad Bills won but its still early and this game is a prove it game where they now know they can beat any team. I'm sure Chiefs will be okay.

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Was fine.  When people were bitching all first half about the officiating, the Chiefs had 6 calls against while the Bills had five.  The only bad call was the Morse holding.  No defending that call but they made up for it with the roughing call the next play - which was a good call as the defender hit Allen with weight coming down on him.   I'm so sick of all the posts criticizing the refs. White PI was obvious. Dawkins hold was tic tac but was also obvious.  Poyer personal foul was obvious.  The roughing on Oliver could have been a no call but they are paid to protect the superstar QBs.  

Half the posters on this board don't even know the rules.  People thought the holding call the Bills declined would have been 1st and 20.  

I agree. This crew was a tad over officious, but almost all of the calls can be defended. It’s not like a rookie crew— they reffed the super bowl last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Both teams were determined to try to play a physical game defensively. That's what happens.

Yep. And the book really is written now on how to slow the Chiefs offense. Only ever rush 4 and drop the safeties deep on every play. Essentially shut down their big plays make them work for it and even the best QB's while having to dink and dunk down the field will throw tip pass interceptions and fumble snaps. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I honestly think fans think they were worse than they were. The DPI on Tre was the one horrible call but that is who this crew is. They err on the side of throwing flags. 

Agreed. The optics on that play were far worst then any actual contact Tre made. But it's just one of those bad luck plays for Tre and the Bills. The flag pretty much has to be thrown their or you never hear the end of the "Chiefs got jobbed" crowd.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yep. And the book really is written now on how to slow the Chiefs offense. Only ever rush 4 and drop the safeties deep on every play. Essentially shut down their big plays make them work for it and even the best QB's while having to dink and dunk down the field will throw tip pass interceptions and fumble snaps. 

Oddly, it's the way to beat us also.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.