Sean McDermott is just killing it

Simon

55 minutes ago, Simon said:

He's just crushing virtually every aspect of his job .

Whether it's preparation, game management, keeping guys focused, whatever, he's owning it all.

His guys don't get distracted by weird stuff (i.e. officiating, weather, turnovers, etc) and just keep executing instead.

He gooses Daboll when he needs to.

He works clocks like a 20 year vet.

Everybody trusts everybody else.

He makes sure Beane understands exactly what he needs.

The team is always getting better.

He makes Leslie Frazier an even better coach.

He's a viable Coach of the Year candidate moving forward.

He has been a God send. Beane too. 

This team is nearly built to perfection.  I said this last week too,I feel like I'm watching a potentially all time great team and that starts with McDermott!

• Like (+1) 1

He's definitely been steadily upping his game.

Wasn't that long ago that all-around bad 3rd quarters were a regular thing........tonight they endured an hour break in a hot, sh*tty locker room on the road and they didn't come undone.

Stacking positives is great to see. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As much as the players have improved, so has McDermott. 

Seriously, he hasn't just been the same guy since day one. The man is getting better each year. 

Remember when we kept failing to adjust after half & would blow leads/do nothing at all in the 3rd quarter? It was like we prepared for the first half of football, then took a nap at half time. We ended up in close games that we were otherwise winning, relying on last minute 4th quarter pushes to finally do something.

Now the Bills are also making those adjustments & maintaining their leads, putting up even more points in the 2nd half & not taking their foot off the gas. McDermott has the team prepared & invested. Beautiful thing to watch!

Oh, and let's not forget how good Daboll & Frazier have been either. They too have a huge hand in how well this team is operating at the moment.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Whether it's preparation, game management, keeping guys focused, whatever, he's owning it all.

His guys don't get distracted by weird stuff (i.e. officiating, weather, turnovers, etc) and just keep executing instead.

Can we put to bed the narrative that Aswan McDermott hasn’t defeated a team with a franchise QB?

9 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The reason I'm depressed as a fan currently is bc Sean McDermott can't last forever.

Jk

IMO, there are really 3 huge questions, and for real we really need to start having this discussion now because they're that important:  1.) how large are the Josh Allen, Sean McDermott, and Brandon Beane statues going to be?;  2.) out of what material shall they be constructed?; and 3.) of course where are they going to be located?

• Like (+1) 3

For starters, it's accountability and growth mindset. When you preach, and live, a learners philosophy, the shtick isn't shtick, its real and is how he lives his life.

Sean is giving these guys a blueprint for how to live a good life. We are lucky to have him.

Edited by foreboding
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Simon said:

I heard that Chuck Norris is afraid of McD

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, foreboding said:

For starters, it's accountability and growth mindset. When you preach, and live, and a learners philosophy, the shtick isn't shtick, its real and is how he lives his life.

Sean is giving these guys a blueprint for how to live a good life. We are lucky to have him.

Holy crap!   You have absolutely nailed it, my friend!  What an amazing way to put it.  It's exactly why these guys all totally buy in.  Because it's 100% for real, 100% genuine, and 100% Sean McDermott. 

And I think the same can be said for Brandon Beane for that matter.  Let's not forget that.  I mean, how fortunate can one place, fan base, whatever, be to have BOTH of these amazing professionals in the absolute prime of their lives/careers AT THE SAME TIME?!?!?!?!?

(finally this foreboding one is a very wise poster - I'm very proud to be in the same fanbase as this person)

• Like (+1) 1

It's hard to criticize anything about this coaching staff right now and it's not crazy to say McD might be the best coach in the NFL right now, top 3 at worse.

Going to be interesting to see how he responds next year because regardless of how this season ends for this team, it's probably safe to safe both Frazier and Daboll will be gone next year as HC's for another team.

17 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's hard to criticize anything about this coaching staff right now and it's not crazy to say McD might be the best coach in the NFL right now, top 3 at worse.

Going to be interesting to see how he responds next year because regardless of how this season ends for this team, it's probably safe to safe both Frazier and Daboll will be gone next year as HC's for another team.

Great points.  I would be very confident that McD, Beane, and their teams are fully anticipating losing their top assistants sooner rather than later.   Something tells me they have their eyes down the road and won't be caught off-guard by anyone leaving. 

Geez, it's just unbelievable how different feeling this current regime has us all feeling right now.  So much dysfunction at One Bills Drive for decades, and now this?  The Universe is smiling on Buffalo Bills world right now.

2 hours ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

IMO, there are really 3 huge questions, and for real we really need to start having this discussion now because they're that important:  1.) how large are the Josh Allen, Sean McDermott, and Brandon Beane statues going to be?;  2.) out of what material shall they be constructed?; and 3.) of course where are they going to be located?

1) Bigger each year. (See 2)

2) The bones of our opponents.  The Bills' logo on the base will be made specifically from Brady's and Belichick's.

3) Canton, OH, in the Bills' Dynasty exhibit.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I have neither the brass ones to do it, nor the technical acumen, but someone should resurrect the Sean McDermott Hired as Bills HC thread from 2017 and see how those troves of information are living now....also, I remember some Brandon Beane slander when he traded Darby and Watkins....not to mention Cordy Glenn. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Simon said:

I wanted Allen off the field after that late fumble recovery, but that's just picking nits. :doh:

Im guessing they kept Allen in because of snaps.  Bringing in a cold QB in that atmosphere and weather could result in a fumble on the snap.  Even Mahomes had one.  Just a guess.  Could be there was no reason for it and they just let Josh finish.

3 hours ago, foreboding said:

For starters, it's accountability and growth mindset. When you preach, and live, a learners philosophy, the shtick isn't shtick, its real and is how he lives his life.

So, you’re sayin’ I shouldn’t model myself after Urban Meyer?

Dammit!

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.