10/10/21 Gameday SNF Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, Ralonzo said:

didn’t you love the NBC Halloween graphic animation about these awful offenses the Bills throttled, but NOW they’re up against big scary KC who will BOOOry them…. Meanwhile score is like 31-13 and Chiefs are on another lifeline thrown by the zebras who were their offensive MVP

yeah they had that graphic all cued up but Bills D made it irrelevant!!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wjag said:

The Afterglow:

1.  OH...MY... GOD.... does this feel so damn good..  DAMN GOOD.

2. Nicky Wrong..  How's your night going?  See you tomorrow on the air.

3. Game ball goes to the entire Defense.  They harassed Mahommes all night.  

4. D-KNOX D-KNOX D-KNOX

5. That was an absolute dismantling of the Chiefs on SNF

6. The game plan for Kelce and Hill was BRILLIANT

7.  Josh Allen..  That throw to Sanders was jaw dropping.

8.  The Eddie Oliver roughing the penalty could have been a game changing play. 

9.  Allens stats are crazy

10.  Ladies and Gentlemen, there has been a changing of the guard in the AFC.

11.  Damn you Texans, you had the Patriots..  You had them

Just now, stevewin said:

But was the blowout impressive enough?

38-20 doesn’t sound as impressive as 43-21 but they were kinda the same game. What the opponent got was fluky and the contest as a whole was not as close as the final score.

1 minute ago, uninja said:

I think KC is fully aware of how ***** their defense is and it’s forcing Mahomes and the offense to feel like they need to score every drive. 

Yeah but why do we even care about KC right now, at this point they are 2-3 and trending downward.

We need to be worried about the chargers

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, major said:

Question: did Tampa bay give a blueprint to the league how to stop the chiefs? 

Kind of feel like that is how defenses have been playing Allen a lot since late last year... nice to see our D be able to use it too.

2 safeties high and 4 down linemen and a mix of man and zone underneath that forces you to either run it successfully or chip away at it with short passes.

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Nothing dirty there. The kid cut it back into pursuit and his cleats got stuck in the turf with guys landing on top.

Shame, but that happens from time to time on the field.

yeah i didnt mean to infer that they were playing dirty.   Only that they were serious about winning.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Kind of feel like that is how defenses have been playing Allen a lot since late last year... nice to see our D be able to use it too.

2 safeties high and 4 down linemen and a mix of man and zone underneath that forces you to either run it successfully or chip away at it with short passes.

Teams would generally try to use ball control to slow the Chiefs down by running, eating up clock and keeping the Chiefs offense off the field.

The Bills did almost the opposite tonight. Make the Chiefs offense stay on the field for longer periods of time (they ran almost 80 plays!) and slow themselves down. Then the Bills went and scored quickly. Felt like Mahomes got real frustrated. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

and man I love watching JA play, he has been so fun to watch since the moment he put on a Bills uni. Kid is such a baller still pinching myself that the Bills have a QB of this caliber. I loved watching Kelly oh and as far as sports heroes Larry Bird was right up there for me when i was a kid but JA taking it to a whole new level 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Malazan said:

The Bills did almost the opposite tonight. Make the Chiefs offense stay on the field for longer periods of time and slow themselves down. Then the Bills went and scored quickly. Felt like Mahomes got real frustrated. 

Bills defense has been making every team this year so far earn every single yard the hard way. Your team might come away with points but you’re gonna feel it, and you’re not going to like it. 

• Like (+1) 3

This game...where do I even start. 

This was probably my favorite Bills game in recent memory for so many reasons that I was used to but proved to be no longer true.

1. Allen played lights out in the hardest and loudest stadiums in  the league. 

2. We dominated a top team in terrible weather

3. This mat have done a lot to help my BBFS when the first drive after half time made nervous that KC might come back but defense made plays and offense showed back up.

I am so beyond happy and absolutely love this team!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

LOL 13-4 with that defense. Not to mention it's more apparent KC's offense is starting to get figured out. They're gonna face some good defenses again, and at least decent offenses.

12-5 then.  I'm not betting against Mahomes and Reid to quickly turn this thing around.

7 minutes ago, WideNine said:

After the GB preseason game I was ok with that. After Pittsburgh…. Eh. But unless who have guys on the D line who can win off the snap, a lot, I don’t think that will stymie the Bills O.

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They're going 13-4 but we get the tie-breaker.

We'll be no 1 seed in AFC and I  believe op was implying that the chiefs may not even be a WC.  They maybe seeing their easy road to post season window has closed.  They can't  neglect defense and yet they haven't solved protecting Mahomes so they gotta hit on an awful lot to compete with that new king of the AFC, you know the one with  top offense  and top defense.

Thats the new narrative that the Bills are generating with their complementary play.   It was there for everyone to see.  Bills get stopped a few times no panic defense get the ball back or limits the damage on scoreboard.    KC got stopped their defense couldn't get the ball back for them.

Bills are a complete team they don't need Josh to carry them yet if its needed he has the ability to do so and doesn't shy away from it. 

Edited by AuntieEm
Spelling correction
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.