Around the League Week 5

YoloinOhio

I'm still not pleased about Houston handing that game to the Pats.  They came out w/ a perfect gameplan and looked poised to steal it.

One too many mistakes at the end.  It would have been so cool to see the Pats at 1-4.  Now, their fans are back in the "we've got the best rookie QB!  We can run the table!" mode...

7 hours ago, Success said:

I'm still not pleased about Houston handing that game to the Pats.  They came out w/ a perfect gameplan and looked poised to steal it.

One too many mistakes at the end.  It would have been so cool to see the Pats at 1-4.  Now, their fans are back in the "we've got the best rookie QB!  We can run the table!" mode...

What crazy ass fans you talking to? I mean I like Jones and IMO he was the perfect fit for the Pats but dang we need another CB and WR to be truly competitive.. oh wait and maybe an o line that doesn’t get the kid hit 40times in 4 games lol. 

I had Cowboys and Carolina down as W before the year now Cowboys are an L unless the D stands on their heads.. and I am not anywhere as confident against Carolina. That just even take into account the 2 games against the Bills.  Then we have the Chargers and Browns as well as Titans.  That’s 6 very tough games and if they went 3-3 I would be very very happy.. but I wouldn’t be shocked by 0-6 either.

Edited by PatsFanNH

23 hours ago, Success said:

I’m more pissed about the Colts handing last night’s game to the Ravens!

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Success said:

They are no threat to the Bills so who really cares until next season when they might actually be a real threat again.

They do have games left against the Titans, Browns and Chargers though and can hopefully do the Bills a favor pulling off an upset or two along the way.

Found this interesting.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/11/bills-chiefs-afc-nfl-week-5-fmia-peter-king/

It always interests me, the mindset and approach of field-goal kickers. There was a gusting wind on a warm afternoon in Cincinnati, the wind blowing in different directions up to 20 mph. The 51-yard miss got caught in a hard right to left wind, he thought. [b]Crosby’s not sure, but he thinks one or more of the kicks may not have had the laces facing straight ahead; when they’re to either side, the ball can be a knuckleball[/b] He’ll see the tape today and figure if the snap-hold part of the equation needs adjusting. 

Cory Bojorquez was holding the ball on those kicks. 

I seem to remember that being an issue at times in Buffalo, or am I remembering wrong? 

Edited by BillsFan4

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Found this interesting.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/11/bills-chiefs-afc-nfl-week-5-fmia-peter-king/

Cory Bojorquez was holding the ball on those kicks. 

I seem to remember that being an issue at times in Buffalo, or am I remembering wrong? 

Said it during the game - the laces were to the left on the 2nd miss and it missed left and Mason looked straight down at Cory glaring at him.

The kicker gets blamed, but sometimes  the hold causes issues and Cory has had that problem more than a few times.

Last year at least 3 of the misses Bass had - he kicked the laces - they were facing him not laces out - so it was an obvious issue.

It is one of the things Haack is significantly better at than Cory and will potentially win or lose more games than punting for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.