Around the League Week 5

YoloinOhio

Just now, Success said:

They could have had Allen, Mayfield, Darnold, Jackson.  Danny Jones may pan out, but they'd be better off today w/ any of those guys.

I never want to see the Bills use an early round pick on a RB again. 

From where they were picking if it played out the same they could have walked away from that draft with Josh Allen and Nick Chubb.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

There is one exception.. Henry.. but generally the facts support you..

Easy to say once you see them pan out. 1st 2 years of his career he was a bust waiting to happen. 

It's played out will for him...however 1 knee injury would have changed all that. Still too risky to take with a top 10 pick and in unknown career path.

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

Easy to say once you see them pan out. 1st 2 years of his career he was a bust waiting to happen. 

It's played out will for him...however 1 knee injury would have changed all that. Still too risky to take with a top 10 pick and in unknown career path.

Yeah .. but they paid him right?

You did reference the 2nd contract as well as the high pick which is what I was commenting on...

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Danny “Dimes” is now 1 for 8.

I know people are going to hate me for this, but he looks like Allen against the Pats 2 years ago when he couldn't hit anything (except for a few INT's), and you could tell the big stage was creating a bit too much pressure.

He's already got lucky on a few potential INT's being dropped, but hopefully he turns it around.

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Pats "D" made Davis Mills look like an all-pro today with over 300 yard passing and a QB rating above 140. Hahahahaha

Ya the D looked Sergio minus Judon. But ya they were horrid today!!  But I’ll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day.

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ya the D looked Sergio minus Judon. But ya they were horrid today!!  But I’ll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day.

Well, congrats... you'll have two ugly losses against us to look forward too. So nice the shoe is on the other foot now after nearly two decades!

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Well, congrats... you'll have two ugly losses against us to look forward too. So nice the shoe is on the other foot now after nearly two decades!

Best thing Bill could’ve done was to retire 2 years ago. He’ll be an automatic HOF, but we all know now what was behind his success and it didn’t have much to do with him. 

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is fair that Chase has outplayed Sewell so far. I still think it was the wrong pick in the medium and long term.

And put it this way.... even without having looked like a stud yet Sewell would still be an upgrade at BOTH tackle spots for Cincy.

It is a lot easier to find competent o-line talent in free agency and later draft rounds than elite WR talent. Chase looks like he will be a game changer for the rest of his career. O-line is more about the whole than the individual. Even if Sewell is an upgrade at OT for them that doesn't mean their o-line would suddenly be good enough. It would upgrade exactly one spot on the line. Bringing in Chase has possibly immediately given them an elite WR corps.

12 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yeah .. but they paid him right?

You did reference the 2nd contract as well as the high pick which is what I was commenting on...

Ok. Yea...they paid him. And their defense is terrible. Big money to a position that they could get production from with a later pick/cheaper option. 

Instead they set themselves up to live and die by 1 player's health at a position that takes the most punishment. 

5 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Best thing Bill could’ve done was to retire 2 years ago. He’ll be an automatic HOF, but we all know now what was behind his success and it didn’t have much to do with him. 

Could say that about a lot of "HOF" coaches...including our own Marv Levy. 

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Ok. Yea...they paid him. And their defense is terrible. Big money to a position that they could get production from with a later pick/cheaper option. 

Instead they set themselves up to live and die by 1 player's health at a position that takes the most punishment. 

They pay him $12M a year.. not much more than what the Bills are paying Milano.. 

I doubt that contract is their issue.. he is by far the biggest postive they have...

Edited by Aussie Joe

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.