10/10/21 SNF Gameday Bills @ Chiefs Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

3 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Who at NFL network thought it would be a good idea to put Steve Smith and Michael Irvin together on a pregame show?!  Do either of these guys actually watch any of the games?  They both have horrible personalities and delivery. 

Because NFL Network loves to have former players on their broadcasts.

It doesn't matter if they have no talent, or personality or any real football insight. All they have to do is make stupid jokes and YELL all the time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

@Hapless Bills Fan, welp, this answers my question. Go Bills!

LOL.  On the plus side:

On the minus side from Banged Up Bills,

While this is promising, this may be a smokescreen. Looking back at all the data in 2020, there were 22 instances of a hamstring designation on the injury report. 

If a player had multiple DNP’s in a week, they did not play. 

If they had a limited practice Friday, they did not play. 

If they practiced in full on Friday, they played. 

Looking back in 2019, there were six instances for the Bills according to Pro Football Reference where a player had a hamstring injury but listed questionable. Every player that had a questionable designation but played had missed at least one prior game with a hamstring injury. 

The training staff does not have to be held to these prior decisions, but it’s hard not to consider understanding how they think and operate. 

Also, consider that there is potentially inclement weather for Sunday night that if the field is slick, that could exacerbate the hamstring strain. The team has to look at the bigger picture when making these decisions whether to play. 

I detailed all this and more on my appearance on Locked On Bills, but I am standing in my belief that Milano will ultimately miss the game. The data, history, and season implications are there to support the decision.

If he plays, find me a person that will be more happy to be wrong than me.

Bangedup says the same logic applies to Taiwan Jones.

Soooooo......on the one side, the ChickFilA watch.  On the other hand, the injury analysis and history of how the Bills manage hammies provided by Dr Kyle Trimble, PT.  Which is more credible?  You decide....

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don’t care just want the dub

Say what your will, but the weather absolutely works in Buffalo's favor. We just played in it 7 days ago. Wet surface hinders Hill and Hardman and reduces their speed factor. If Chris Jones is out for them as well I see the "perfect storm" for Moss and Motor to take over this game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Jones potentially missing the game is HUGE! Not sure how I didn’t know this until this morning, but that’s a big blow for an already weak defense 

Love me some Milano but if you offered me to take Milano off the field in exchange for taking Jones off the field it’s a no-brainer.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

On the other hand, the injury analysis and history of how the Bills manage hammies provided by Dr Kyle Trimble, PT.  Which is more credible?  You decide....

I’d like to read the tea leaves. Who are the PS elevations for this game? That may give more insight than anything.

23 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Say what your will, but the weather absolutely works in Buffalo's favor. We just played in it 7 days ago. Wet surface hinders Hill and Hardman and reduces their speed factor. If Chris Jones is out for them as well I see the "perfect storm" for Moss and Motor to take over this game.

Hell yeah, I just dud a prop bet for a couple hundred on moss to get over 36 rush yards in the game. That seems super low to me 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Matt in KC said:

Seriously, I'm ready.  How much longer is it...?

I know a lot of people LOVE Prime Time games. I get that, BUT……I have an internal body clock that is set for Sunday at 1:00PM EST and this is seriously messing me up! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.