NBC removed from Dish Network

sirebors

4 minutes ago, delirious said:

VPN + Kodi app. Kodi works on windows, Android and Linux.

Install The Crew app within Kodi. Plenty of tuts and documentation online. I have it installed on my Amazon firestick. 

why do you need a VPN?

I'm officially a Peacock subscriber. Super easy and hopefully the best $5 I ever spent. Thanks for everyone's help and input. Now I just pray it works flawlessly. Kinda bummed I can't DVR the game on Dish. But a victory will make everything worth it. Go Bills!

Dish sucks, they drop channels all the time to strong arm networks into lowering their fee to carry it. They did the same with NFL Network & HBO a year or 2 ago, it took a couple months to get it back. I was sick of waiting & dropped Dish. Who know how long it'll drag this time.

2 hours ago, bmur66 said:

What are the chances they settle by game time today? Direct TV pulled this BS a couple years ago and I switched to Dish Network before the football season started. Of course they settled right before the season started after I had already switched. I really hate this game of chicken they play. I am prepared to stream the game tonight. I will switch again if they don't get it worked out soon. Dish Network sucks anyways.

I highly doubt it be worked out tonight and be shocked if is this week as most of these things go on for weeks.

Wow that SUCKS!  Here in Atlanta I've been looking forward to watching the Bills - Chiefs on my man cave big screen TV for weeks (the only Bills game that's aired locally so far), and at the last minute Dish shuts off NBC.  Just found out this morning - WTF!!!  I guess I'll have to go see if I can get Peacock Premium loaded on the TV.  What an unexpected disappointment and pain in the ass! 

Dish did this BS previously with AMC, then HBO.  I understand that they're saying the company that provides the locals is trying to rape them with an outrageous increase in fees, but it looks like Dish's policy in such cases is always the same - we'll play hardball and just shut off the programming to our subscribers, and blame it on "the other side".   Me thinks that is not a winning strategy with their customer base. 

13 hours ago, sirebors said:

OK I'm out of the loop, lol. Where do I get peacock or fubo? Do I need an Amazon firestick or something? What about youtube TV or yahoo? Would I get them on my laptop? Where exactly in yahoo? Sorry for.   being old and clueless, lol. 

In your browser go to peackock.com sign up for free with email addy.

About a week ago, You Tube TV which I have announced that unless they reached agreement with NBC Universal in next few days, all channels would be dropped including NBC.  But they also announced as long as the channels were out, they were going to reduce the monthly fee by $10

I thought that's a good deal, could get Peacock for $5 and save $5 per month.  Unfortunately they settled within about two days.  No idea if the fact that they offered to reduce the rates caused them to settle faster or not, can't imagine a reason it would, but never know.

visiting my parents and ran into this since they have dish network... you would thing they would give you free sunday ticket or something for the bills game. oh well i have an iptv service where i get every channel imaginable for 5 bucks a month cause of bs like this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.