Bills PR and Josh do it again!

Draconator

42 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

34?...but a child!

us old men want you to get with Chuck D…NWA…

I am definitely down with Chuck D and NWA. My music spectrum is super broad. Grateful Dead, Moe. Nirvana, Foofighters. Metallica, Johnny Cash, Willy Nelson, Brandi Carlile, Tupac, Snoop, Benny the Butcher…

I lack any style. It also means on any given day, depending on mood or algorithm my music streaming is either spot on or off the mark. Haha.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

Everytime I see that cereal I wonder what marketing person came up with that horrible name and what they were thinking.

Funny you say that, my kids and I figured it had to be a Pegula kid, there's no way a professional marketing agency was involved in naming something Jaqs, its just too stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm 42 and grew up loving grunge, alternative, east coast rap, west coast gangsta rap and indie rock.  Despite my age, I can still acknowledge that Kanye has made some great albums and has been hugely influential on other artists.  808s and Heartbreak basically created the genre of music that Drake perfected.  And listen to  MBDTF or Yeezus and try to tell me there isn't a musical genius floating around in Kanye's demented brain.

11 hours ago, Mango said:

I am definitely down with Chuck D and NWA. My music spectrum is super broad. Grateful Dead, Moe. Nirvana, Foofighters. Metallica, Johnny Cash, Willy Nelson, Brandi Carlile, Tupac, Snoop, Benny the Butcher…

I lack any style. It also means on any given day, depending on mood or algorithm my music streaming is either spot on or off the mark. Haha.

Thumbs up  on the Foos (a much better Nirvana) and Johnny Cash.  And "The Joke" is an awesome tune.  Toss in some James and Morrissey and The Jam and Lily Allen for a little from over the pond.

14 hours ago, Mango said:

God, I hope the two of you aren’t too young to be yelling at clouds like a bunch of grumpy old men. 

Seeing/hearing conversations like this is exactly why I try to download new apps. Throw on pop stations here and there. Not to “be cool” but to at least not let myself age out of society and culture. 

Kinda like how we laugh at our grandparents trying to use smart phones. Try and avoid that. 

I never feel more intelligent than the times when I'm totally clueless about pop culture and pop music.

That doesn't mean that there is no good music etc made today, which is a belief of many of my friends.  It just means that I don't need corporate America or the masses telling what is good. They've been wrong for a long time.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Thumbs up  on the Foos (a much better Nirvana) and Johnny Cash.  And "The Joke" is an awesome tune.  Toss in some James and Morrissey and The Jam and Lily Allen for a little from over the pond.

I have friends who give me a hard time about Brandi Carlile. I don’t get how anybody is not super high on her. I saw one of those NPR tiny desks. Then a few weeks later she did Asbury Hall in Buffalo so I decided to give it a go for $20 bucks. None of her recordings do her justice. I can’t recommend her live enough. She’s remarkable. She’s leaning more country than I would like these days. But her talent is incredible it doesn’t matter. 

These days I am leaning into The Arkells, The Hip, The Ramones, and Wu-Tang are scratching my itch. That could change tomorrow. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

If you are a fan of The Highwaymen, check out Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real. He’s Willie’s kid and they have released two absolutely excellent albums. I’m trying to spread the  word because they have been incredibly over-looked and I cannot fathom why. Try “We’ll be Alright” or “Hand me a Light” to start. 

Going to see him Weds at Babeville 👍

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/9/2021 at 4:36 PM, Einstein said:

Everytime I see that cereal I wonder what marketing person came up with that horrible name and what they were thinking.

I get it, but yeah, not good.

You had Apple Jacks...

Josh Allen Quarterback (JAQ) - so like, okay fine I guess? 

But, you could've thought of something a lot better!!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.