Bills sign Taron Johnson to 3 year extension

YoloinOhio

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.  Draft and develop.  This is just another example of these coaches taking the time and effort to develop our young guys and they noticeably improve over the years. Tarpon, Levi, AJ, Bates, Boettger, Siran Neal, and so on.  Even Milano wasn’t all world in 2017.  How many 4th rounders are begging each year the Bills pick them vs another team that doesn’t have the track record to develop their in house talent.

Tried to tell em early 😄

Pretty cool to read old threads on him and what ppl thought

Seriously glad for him and love the extension and timing of it. Another big year,which he's on pace for and we might have had to spend 10 mil a year. 

Beane strikes again!!

Edited by JerseyBills

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes but the Bills still rarely just man him up on that guy. He shadows him by following him to both sides of the field but they are still primarily zone looks. Tre is an elite corner. You don't have to be a man guy to be elite IMO. Tre is a zone guy who can play some man. I still think finding a better starter than Levi is possible (not certain, Levi is better than he gets credit for in our scheme, but possible) in the draft and given Levi is on one year deals at this point they should be looking. 

You can rest assured that Beane never stops looking 👍

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Trading up for Edmunds I consider a mistake. I get it Edmunds is far from horrible, but if you trade up for someone in the mid 1st round, you want that player to dominate.

Trading up for Cody Ford in the early 2nd round was very bad.

Using two day two picks on RBs that really aren't that impressive.

There are more of course like Harrison Phillips etc.

And the jury is still out on a lot of players like Oliver, Knox etc. (Although both looking better this year in year 3 which is a good sign)

For the record I think Beane is a good drafter and a very good GM.

I was just more responding to a comment and pointed out saying he has some great picks but also has some descent misses. 

I like a good back and forth with posters, but there has to be a real understanding of how things actually are, and with due respect, you are well off base in your assessments of hits and misses with players.

For example, anyone can point a finger at Donald and say why is our guy as good as him, “ our GM missed” and that is a weak argument as a comparison, being that there isn’t so many of that caliber of player to go around in any position. As well consider, That Donald lead defense failed to stop the Bills,  as an example of how things really are in the NFL.  Just sayin, 

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Trading up for Edmunds I consider a mistake. I get it Edmunds is far from horrible, but if you trade up for someone in the mid 1st round, you want that player to dominate.

I was just more responding to a comment and pointed out saying he has some great picks but also has some descent misses. 

Right, cuz Edmunds hasn’t started every single game since he became a Bill, hasn’t made a Pro Bowl, hasn’t earned weekly League honors and hasn’t been named a team captain. If a player can’t achieve these standards as an early 1st Round pick, he’s a bum.

Cuz otherwise, a shlepper on his couch knows what he’s talking about.

Anyway, Congrats Taron!  We thrilled to have you.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Another savvy move by Beane.  Taron has been getting better and better; I had already resigned myself that we would lose him as a FA next season.  He’s an important part of this defense and has a knack for the big play.  Love it.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

No I'm not saying that.

But I don't think Edmunds is a hit of a draft pick.

If he was a good player I would say it was.

But my opinion on Edmunds isn't that high, and I think they missed by trading up to get an average player. (in my mind)

Passing on Leonard was just the cherry on top for me

2 Pro Bowls in 3 seasons.

Team leader in Tackles since being here.

Captain of the number 1 defense in the NFL.

Teams game plan against him.

Reigning AFC Defensive Player of the Week.  

4 years in the league, starter all 4 years. 

5th year option picked up.

He isn't the best MLB in football, but you would be hard pressed to find anyone who analyzes players for a living that would not list Edmunds in the top 10 of MLB's in the NFL right now.  

And considering MORE than 50% of all draft picks selected where he was chosen BUST in the NFL, I would say that is a hit by any measure.  So I stand by my original critique of your scale of what a "hit" or a "miss" is as severely flawed.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Trading up for Cody Ford in the early 2nd round was very bad.

Using two day two picks on RBs that really aren't that impressive.

There are more of course like Harrison Phillips etc.

And the jury is still out on a lot of players like Oliver, Knox etc. (Although both looking better this year in year 3 which is a good sign)

For the record I think Beane is a good drafter and a very good GM.

How does it feel to live in blissful ignorance?  To know when you wake up every morning you’ll be wrong about almost everything and still not care?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I’m still amazed that the internal culture that exists at OBD is so strong that players consistently seem to resign for slightly less than market rate. 

Really happy for Taron, that’s life changing money for him and well deserved. Now do like Marshawn and take care of your body, your mentals and your chicken. 

27 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

2 Pro Bowls in 3 seasons.

Team leader in Tackles since being here.

Captain of the number 1 defense in the NFL.

Teams game plan against him.

Reigning AFC Defensive Player of the Week.  

4 years in the league, starter all 4 years. 

5th year option picked up.

He isn't the best MLB in football, but you would be hard pressed to find anyone who analyzes players for a living that would not list Edmunds in the top 10 of MLB's in the NFL right now.  

And considering MORE than 50% of all draft picks selected where he was chosen BUST in the NFL, I would say that is a hit by any measure.  So I stand by my original critique of your scale of what a "hit" or a "miss" is as severely flawed.  

Didn’t you hear just like franchise QBs top 10 middle linebacker’s can be picked up on the middle aisle at Walmart

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Except for the fact of hitting 50% on your draft picks for a GM is phenomenal. 

The biggest question mark for Beane is the inability of his top draft picks to turn into blue chip players (besides JA).    We are yet to see the likes of Ed Oliver,  Edmunds, Epenesa,  Knox,  Singletary to take over a game in crucial moments by themselves. especially against the TOP teams.   We have built a nucleus of extremely good players but NOT great players.   

We literally have three Blue chip players in Allen, Diggs and White.  A SB winning team usually have 5-6 blue chip players...super stars....Edmunds is getting close there...We need a DE and RB to join that elite company

45 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

For the Bills to win multiple SB,  what we need is NOT a very good Edmunds but need a very GREAT Edmunds.  He has to continue elevating his play and make those big plays against BIG teams...He has always come short on those games.  Go Bills.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

How does it feel to live in blissful ignorance?  To know when you wake up every morning you’ll be wrong about almost everything and still not care?

Is that comment really necessary man?

It's my opinion and I wasn't being obnoxious about it at all. I may be wrong that's ok.

Anyways hope you have a good night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.