Can the NFL move the game forward an hour?

Commish

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Weather is part of the game. You don't schedule around it. You deal with it.

Exactly. The Bills just won 40-0 in the pouring rain. I’m still drying out from it. 

It’ll be fine - mostly because I’ll be wrapped in my Snuggy eating bon-bons, watching those indigenous persons fans get soaked. 

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Can't be moved up.  All the Arrowhead concession workers will still be working their 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. McDonalds regular shifts.

Not funny.  You have something against concession stand workers or McDonald's workers?

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Not funny.  You have something against concession stand workers or McDonald's workers?

The idea an NFL game could be brought to its scheduling knees by a lack of hot dog and beer vendors.  Get a grip. 🤨

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

On 10/9/2021 at 8:52 AM, 1ManRaid said:

I take it you've never done employee scheduling.

It's far harder to bump a game up last minute than it is to push it back.  There are at minimum hundreds of job shifts that would have to be rescheduled just to accommodate one hour ahead.  It's not like a delay where you just pay them another hour because they are already there.  On top of the logistical nightmare that would be (keep in mind it is the weekend and people will be hard to get ahold of), there could also be legal issues with last minute rescheduling of shifts.  I don't know about KC but here in Ontario you can't just tell people oh BTW your shift tomorrow is changed.

That’s because the libs have Canada by the balls.  Can’t shift a schedule at a stadium that has 8-10 games per year, give me a break.  Now those employees can sit around til 4AM when the game finishes

6 minutes ago, Mafioso said:

That’s because the libs have Canada by the balls.  Can’t shift a schedule at a stadium that has 8-10 games per year, give me a break.  Now those employees can sit around til 4AM when the game finishes

Labor laws exist in the US too.  Shouldn't blow your mind to comprehend how allowing employers to change schedules with no notice could be a problem.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.