[Edit] Jon Gruden resigns over controversial emails discovered in WFT investigation

flaz

Just now, Rico said:

True. Much speculation out there that the comments against the NFL brass were ultimately what led to the hatchet job, that's why I mentioned it.

Whoever was behind it pry thought that one e-mail would get him fired.  When that didn’t happen the leaker went full nuclear.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know where you work.  Where I worked, using the wrong words about the wrong people at the wrong time could absolutely forfeit your opportunity to be employed by a given company, or even in a given business.  This isn't a new thing; it's always been that way.

Making it into some sort of morally relativistic matter ("he didn't do anything THAT horrible") misses the point. 

Insulting the Head Honchos and owners in writing has ALWAYS been what we called a "Career Limiting Move".

Where I work, and where most work, kicking a woman’s head in would be grounds for never working in my field again, and rightfully so.

Then, there is Kareem Hunt.

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Where I work, and where most work, kicking a woman’s head in would be grounds for never working in my field again, and rightfully so.

I could be mistaken, but I think Hunt kind of kicked at a woman in a hallway.  The woman neither got kicked in the head nor was injured, head or otherwise.

It's still assault and battery, but without criminal charges or a civil action, Color Me Impressed if your field would take such notice.

Mind me asking what field that is?

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Exactly.

I have worked for total POS in my career, and I have cussed them out behind their back, but I'm not stupid enough to put it in an e-mail or text DOH.

This.  You need to be "eco" when you rag on your higher-ups - Leave No Trace

11 minutes ago, Beast said:

Is Hunt the leader of a whole team? Again, leadership is (and should be) held to a higher standard. If you want to point out hypocrisy, your aim is off. You should be pointing it at people like Dan Snyder.

16 minutes ago, Beast said:

Didn't he just kick the arm she was holding herself up with out from under her, still a dick move but significantly less then kicking her in the head.

7 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Is Hunt the leader of a whole team? Again, leadership is (and should be) held to a higher standard. If you want to point out hypocrisy, your aim is off. You should be pointing it at people like Dan Snyder.

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Didn't he just kick the arm she was holding herself up with out from under her, still a dick move but significantly less then kicking her in the head.

You guys are cute defending the guy that assaulted a woman.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/13/to-get-wft-emails-pressure-is-being-placed-on-nfl-sponsors/

hell yeah give me all that ****. If this ends up disgracing Snyder and getting him out of the league I am all the way on board. This is loooooooong overdue.

Maybe if Congress gets involved. Which I'm surprised they haven't threatened to already. With the high-profile nature of the WFT crap and the Kaepernick embargo, you'd think they would be ready to start demanding more of Goodell and the owners.

19 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Was it leaked before the vote took place?  Seems like it might’ve cone out after.  

Andrew Beaton was reporting on it at 4pm ET on Friday. The vote was Friday evening.

Edited by pocoboy
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be mistaken, but I think Hunt kind of kicked at a woman in a hallway.  The woman neither got kicked in the head nor was injured, head or otherwise.

It's still assault and battery, but without criminal charges or a civil action, Color Me Impressed if your field would take such notice.

At least make a private chat on Discord or something, you morons.  That way nobody is using any work-related addresses for anything.  You're all rich so use Facebook Messenger.  They don't censor rich people.

Edited by Amorgus

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Based on recent history, I doubt if any of these emails ever see the light of day. :( 

Agree.  No way are any of them going to be released for public consumption.  It would be a nightmare for the NFL, as we all know there are all kinds of damaging emails sitting on some server(or backup).

6 minutes ago, BTB said:

Agree.  No way are any of them going to be released for public consumption.  It would be a nightmare for the NFL, as we all know there are all kinds of damaging emails sitting on some server(or backup).

Yep. The server is probably already bleached.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I've seen that video.  It neither shows him kicking her head in, nor kicking her head at all.  Police arrived and probably didn't look into it as well as they could have (didn't look at the surveillance film) but said she did not report injuries to them.  Hunt also lost his job and a total of 1 season's salary, somewhere between $800-899k which ain't chump change to most of us.  But this isn't to defend Hunt, what he did was wrong, but "kicking a woman's head in" is not an apt description of it.  I've seen women who had their heads kicked in.  This is not that thing.

And "whataboutism" still misses the point.  The world isn't fair.  One doesn't have to create a scale of moral relativism and say "we can't object to Gruden because insulting the NFL commisioner, exec director of the NFLPA, and several NFL owners isn't nearly as bad as kicking and pushing a woman".  It's never been OK to go on the record insulting the company owners and industry leaders, in any industry.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.