[Edit] Jon Gruden resigns over controversial emails discovered in WFT investigation

flaz

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

In the eyes of the criminal court he was found innocent not guilty. Yes I agree with you he did it.

FIFY.   No one is ever found "innocent" through a trial.  They are found "not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt".  Important distinction.

He was found liable for their deaths in the civil court case and assessed $33.5M in damages.

However, the Goldman family brought a civil case against Simpson, and in 1997 the jury in the civil case ruled him as “liable” for the deaths of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman and decided that he must pay $33.5 million in punitive award to the victims’ families.

https://sites.psu.edu/emberpassion/2020/01/30/the-o-j-simpson-trial-distinctions-between-criminal-and-civil-law/

55 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Ralph Wilson should have been ashamed of himself and the Pegulas should be ashamed of themselves for continuing to glorify, recognize and celebrate a murderer.

It's disgusting.

The NFL itself put OJ in the NFL 100 a couple years back and had his highlights in the Super Bowl pregame that honored the NFL100. 

1 hour ago, pocoboy said:

Intimidation. The instigating act was the vote to recall DeMaurice Smith, the owner-friendly NFLPA head. This is basically waking up with a horse head in bed with you.

Smith isn't owner friendly. He's just really, really bad at his job. I guess you could say it's basically the same thing though. 

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

In the eyes of the court he was found innocent. Yes I agree with you he did it.

Yeah but he also owes the Goldman’s 60 million from

the civil case. He hasn’t paid yet still has the money to golf at private courses everyday. Not a good look and should be removed ASAP.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, swimtoga said:

Yeah but he also owes the Goldman’s 60 million from

the civil case. He hasn’t paid yet still has the money to golf at private courses everyday. Not a good look and should be removed ASAP.

If they were going to remove his name from the stadium it would have already happened. I mentioned this previously but I am curious to see what happens in the new stadium. Will the Pegula's put his name on the new wall of fame or will they leave his name off it?

• Like (+1) 1

They didn't want his Taint to stain their crib. I get it. Dude is persona non grata right now in the NFL

I think it was a good decision. 

OJ being still up on the wall I mean I get that too I was there for a lot of it.

Whose taint is bigger.....nah Im not going there futile exercise.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

And OJ didn’t say this about the team’s owner: ‘He also asked [Bruce] Allen to tell Bryan Glazer, whose family owns the Buccaneers, to perform oral sex on him. Allen reportedly responded that Glazer would “take you up on that offer.”’

lol i want to wash my eyes out with soap after the way they reported that statement.  just say he said "he can blow me". good grief my imagination is too wild to read statements like that lol

2 hours ago, BTB said:

I agree his name should come down, despite his amazing talent.  I can't imagine what the family members of his victims feel when they see OJ honored like that.

Then again, many readers of "OJ is Innocent and I Can Prove It" harbor doubts about OJ's actual guilt.  

What a joke. Aside from the fact that Gruden has been singled out from amongst the 650K Emails, he basically sent emails. Some of these other scumbags in Stadiums around the league raped, assaulted and in some cases, murdered people.  When you live long enough, there are no more surprises.

Edited by Olliemets
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Thank you!!

I’m sorry to say that they have actual evidence on Gruden. Everything about OJ is just hearsay 

I especially consider the DNA evidence tainted. LOL.👀

All OJ did was outlawyer them! Another subject for another day.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

All the Bucs had to do was nothing. How they can do this but still keep AB is laughable. 

If the league decides to draw this line then a lot of players should get cancelled as well. 

Not at all disagreeing with you ….  your post inspired a thought in me.

Every adult I know can be cancelled.   The instincts to do so are small and petty.   We’ve brought this on ourselves.

All three sentences are not inconsistent with “there’s bad stuff in this world that must stop.”  Confront transgressions firmly but with compassion.   If the offender apologizes, if you sense sincerity, move on.   That’s both common sense and grace.

And, yes, sometimes the apologies start with denials and rationalizations.  That’s human nature when the lights go on and your hand’s in the cookie jar.

The virtuous mob needs a hand mirror.

Ever been in an NFL locker room?  Gruden is Everyman.

And yet, here we are …

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.