[Edit] Jon Gruden resigns over controversial emails discovered in WFT investigation

flaz

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I do wonder with the whole part about topless WTF cheerleaders if this isn't more of that teams ***** coming to surface. They're glossing over their shenanigans by changing there name was some bull####.

Eh, we knew about that a while ago. We just didn't know that Gruden was sending some of the pics back and forth. 

3 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

This is quite true. And, if we're all honest and an investigation of the league were conducted top to bottom -who survives if anyone?

I'm pretty sure there are tons of league members who haven't called someone a f****t or a racial slur in E-mails.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I do wonder with the whole part about topless WTF cheerleaders if this isn't more of that teams ***** coming to surface. They're glossing over their shenanigans by changing there name was some bull####.

We would know more about Snyder and WFT, but the league was so horrified / embarrassed / scared ****less about what they found that they purposefully instructed the investigator to not create a written report of her investigation. An oral report of her findings was given to the league in private instead. 

4 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Society and people will never be perfect.

I don't condone insulting people based on any discriminatory factor.

Whether I agree with them or not people should be entitled to have their own opinions and beliefs without the fear of losing their jobs or lives over it.

I hope one day we can come to accept and forgive and learn without trying to "make an example" or "cancel" people.

C’mon man.  Don’t shed any tears for a guy who’s probably made upwards of a $100m and is caught showing racist, sexist and homophobic views.  If this were the guy fixing your car, nobody would care about his personal emails and nobody would be taking his job and life away.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Guy is a tool and i would expect his positions in those matters are so deeply ingrained be never even questioned it they shouldn't be in writing.

And of all the things you can complain about in regards to NFL refs is that some women are being hired? Give me competence, I don't care about race, gender, sexuality, religion or anything else.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

I’m sure they’re digging. The DEA isn’t as leaky as the NFL. They reported on the raids.

I'm sure some are.  Others who are cozy with the league (rhyymes with madam plefter) might get a scoop about the emails from a league source with a little ask to steer away from the WFT trainer angle.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

NFL is investigating the WFT trainers.

They came across the emails. 

They released them to the media.   

The only thing about Gruden resigning that concerns me is will they be hiring Leslie Frazier away from the Bills this coming off season.  I really hope we don't lose Frazier but I also would love for him to get his second shot as a HC if he really wants that shot.  He certainly deserves it if thats what he wants.  

Edited by AuntieEm
General corrections

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I'm pretty sure there are alot of them who have and couldn't withstand close scrutiny.

So what are you arguing for here? That because we aren't holding everyone responsible for abhorrent behavior that we shouldn't hold anyone responsible?

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean if he's resigning wouldn't he lose the years he's skipping out on?

If he resigns, he walks away from all the money remaining. As he should.

That is the only move left at this point if he hopes that someday this can blow over and he may return to a job surrounding the NFL every again.. Plus he's already sitting on 10s of millions of dollars.

The NFL is pretty woke these days. Someone must have had it out for Chucky. They dug deep to find this. That said, Chucky was wrong but back when I played I heard and read 10x worse every week. We just didn't have emails and recorders capturing every little thing and broadcasting it on social media.

Edited by TampaBillsJunkie
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

goodness gracious what a debacle. I have a lot of catch up reading to do on this subject. So NFL coaching now kerplunk. This will taint he moving forward. I really hope he learned something and can redeem himself somehow. 

4 minutes ago, vincec said:

I think Mark Davis and the other NFL owners should turn over their cell phones and email servers for the last 20 years for review so that we can make sure that they are worthy of passing judgement.

you sound like someone who has a very guilty conscience. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.