[Edit] Jon Gruden resigns over controversial emails discovered in WFT investigation

flaz

Just now, djp14150 said:

I don’t buy his time at espn he didn’t have some content that be called into question.

this was just in response to a question about which email address he was using (personal vs. a corporate, ESPN account). He certainly was a scumbag while at ESPN.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It seems to me that this will put the investigation into a bigger light.

There's no way in hell this is the end of the investigation, especially since it seems like we have a lot more emails to go after. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Why stop here, there has to be "many" other email investigations needed out there. I mean because all these owners, execs, coaches and players have never conducted themselves in a similar manner. Urban Meyer is a good place to start, all the Wash folks, Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill......Everyone needs to placed under a microscope I say.

You don’t think that NFL Films has audio of players using homophobic or Misogynistic, or racially insensitive insults thrown around on the playing field over the last decade so you?  They would never…

Meanwhile NFL hires Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and Eminem to perform at the halftime show.  3 men who made a career out of using sexist, misogynistic, homophobic, and transphobic language include saying the words Gruden is getting grilled for thousands of times in public . Oh yeah, Dr. Dre once slapped around a female reporter too.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Should the Raiders/League ignore this and do nothing?

I think that people who have said nothing in the last 20 years that could be construed as racist, sexist or anti-gay should be the ones to mete out the punishment.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

this was just in response to a question about which email address he was using (personal vs. a corporate, ESPN account). He certainly was a scumbag while at ESPN.

I’ve been vocal about not liking what I knew about the man. I hate to see anything bad happening to anyone, but sometimes you have to sleep in the bed you made. 

Nobody wins here, except maybe the Raiders. 

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

This was Grudens third HC gig. He also worked for different networks. 

So what second chance are you referring to? Another HC gig would be his 4th chance, and another network

gig would be at least his third…

Dude probably has enough money to do nothing 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sharky7337 said:

Society and people will never be perfect.

I don't condone insulting people based on any discriminatory factor.

Whether I agree with them or not people should be entitled to have their own opinions and beliefs without the fear of losing their jobs or lives over it.

I hope one day we can come to accept and forgive and learn without trying to "make an example" or "cancel" people.

At the absolute minimum you can't be calling your boss a "f*ggot."

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

At the absolute minimum you can't be calling your boss a "f*ggot."

Ya its not smart. We grew up saying that as kids and never actually thought about it's actual meaning.

I'm not excusing it, I'm saying a lot of people are not perfect.

Edited by Sharky7337

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

You don’t think that NFL Films has audio of players using homophobic or Misogynistic, or racially insensitive insults thrown around on the playing field over the last decade so you?  They would never…

Meanwhile NFL hires Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and Eminem to perform at the halftime show.  3 men who made a career out of using sexist, misogynistic, homophobic, and transphobic language include saying the words Gruden is getting grilled for thousands of times in public . Oh yeah, Dr. Dre once slapped around a female reporter too.  

This is quite true. And, if we're all honest and an investigation of the league were conducted top to bottom -who survives if anyone?

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

There's no way in hell this is the end of the investigation, especially since it seems like we have a lot more emails to go after. 

I do wonder with the whole part about topless WTF cheerleaders if this isn't more of that teams ***** coming to surface. They're glossing over their shenanigans by changing there name was some bull####.

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

This is true, and what about Antonio brown calling a GM racist slurs in front of everyone and did the NFL do anything nope. Or did people come out and Dog him. 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.