[Edit] Jon Gruden resigns over controversial emails discovered in WFT investigation

flaz

13 minutes ago, Governor said:

Gruden has always been garbage and the players hate the guy. I don’t know why people continue to put him on a pedestal all of these years. He was fired for a reason and no team wanted to hire him for 10 years.

He wasn’t taking a break from coaching. He wasn’t offered another job until the Raiders.

Ask Phil and Chris Sims what they think of Gruden. 

He’s also a terrible talent evaluator. He ran some of the worst drafts in history. 

I don’t think him not being offered a job is true at all. He was pursued for years and years and years.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

I don’t think him not being offered a job is true at all. He was pursued for years and years and years.

His name was thrown out there year after year because he wanted back in the league. No one offered him a job after what happened in Tampa. I was in Tampa during that time. It wasn’t ownership that wanted him gone, it was the fans and the players.

Edited by Governor

10 minutes ago, SDS said:

Reportedly pursued doesn’t tell us much at all. They floated that rumor every year when coaches were fired. I’m sure some owners probably wanted to speak with him to see where his head was at but no official offers were made.

The restrictions were “we might be interested but we won’t give you control of player personnel and a GM role and let you destroy our team like you did in Tampa.”

Edited by Governor

Dumb and unkind thing to write.

With that said, if everyone was honest, it seems that the thought and moral standards police changes stances or has rules that only apply to, for, or against specific groups or specific ideologies.

Imagine how many players, coaches, and fans would be left (me included) if we exiled everyone based on past comments. 

Why there would be as many people left as the amount of wins the Texans may get this year: 1 or 2.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

But…he does have big lips. I really wish people would stop playing the race card over literally everything. 

I find it more interesting the timing of uncovering the email.  Funny it was a blatant racial slur according to some of the headlines and its against a man that was not getting unanimous support from his unions selection committee  for whatever reasons they stopped supporting him.  So the timing  leads me to believe it was timed to take the depiction to the player reps, who did vote him back in.  The only question is which party was behind it to secure his new term.  I have no stake in which side did what and I have no inside knowledge to lean either way.  The timing makes it unlikely to just be a cowinkydink as I  would say, dunno if you Google it if anyone else uses that phrasing for coincidence, but I promise you I have, usually with a slightly exaggerated wink to indicate its blatant setup.  I'd make sure the investigation also verifies the timestamp to be sure it wasn't a tampered email.  Just not sure who was behind securing new term for DeMaurice Smith.  Just kinda blatant theres some powerplay shenanigans going on here. 

32 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Dumb and unkind thing to write.

With that said, if everyone was honest, it seems that the thought and moral standards police changes stances or has rules that only apply to, for, or against specific groups or specific ideologies.

Imagine how many players, coaches, and fans would be left (me included) if we exiled everyone based on past comments. 

Why there would be as many people left as the amount of wins the Texans may get this year: 1 or 2.

If I was making millions of dollars all from a persona that I spent decades creating with help from the league and the media, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be sending racist emails about a union leader to my friends across the league.

Thats just me tho.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 2

So it's cool to make fun of Gruden for looking like a Chucky doll but not to comment of a union leaders lips? This email or not, Dumbass Smith has been a terrible union leader for the players and if the timing of the email is the main reason he kept his job, everyone loses

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

So it's cool to make fun of Gruden for looking like a Chucky doll but not to comment of a union leaders lips? This email or not, Dumbass Smith has been a terrible union leader for the players and if the timing of the email is the main reason he kept his job, everyone loses

image.jpeg.92f8f2a68604424169b426b81e24909c.jpeg
cmon man it looks like they both got separated at birth 🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SDS said:

He absolutely was heavily pursued 

I'm honestly surprised he left a cushy job to go into the grinder of the NFL , after being out as long as he was

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

But…he does have big lips. I really wish people would stop playing the race card over literally everything. 

No. This is not the “race card”. This is someone insulting someone using a racial stereotype. It is designed to denigrate someone based on the racial stereotype of Black people having large lips. It’s a pretty disgusting thing to say by Gruden. It is absolutely a racist statement.

I’m actually sad that a fellow bills fan doesn’t see that.

Edited by todd
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Yes, it is ok. Mocking gruden because he looks like chucky is not insulting someone because of a racial stereotype. Mocking Smith because of a Black person’s stereotypical attributes is. It’s disgusting. Crazy that people don’t know this. 

Would you walk up to a Black person and insult them this way? Hopefully not. You probably know this is wrong, and are just talking crap on the internet.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.