Top Pass Rushers after 4 Weeks

Brand J

One Buffalo Bill made the list: NFL Pressure Index

As a team, the Bills rank 6th in pressure rate (8.3%), but with the amount of investment in the defensive line over the last couple years, should it be a concern that only Rousseau (12.5%; 30) is among the top 50 players?

It is interesting that Cam Heyward (12 pressures; single game high) and Deron Payne (10 pressures) wouldn’t be in the top 50 either if not for their monster performances against the Bills. 

Also, the 200KB restriction for images is so tiny! Not sure I’ve ever seen below 600KB, so apologies if the table comes in a little fuzzy.

DC47A8FC-8EF6-488F-9CF6-6CB197199B8D.jpeg

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

A concern? I’m freaking the ***** out

The Bills couldn’t get pressure on Mahomes with 4 or 5 rushers when he had a banged up OL, so with an offensive line that is much improved this season, I’m not sure how any of those rushers are going to get home. That’s why I say to use one of the DEs to jam Kelce whenever he’s lined up tight to the formation. Likely wouldn’t get there anyway. But yes, overall the ROI is not there. 

19 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Also, the 200KB restriction for images is so tiny! Not sure I’ve ever seen below 600KB, so apologies if the table comes in a little fuzzy.

It’s probably to save server space. I’m guessing the admins aren’t coders because a simple compression script after uploading would save a lot of hassle and space. It came out fine though!

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

The Bills couldn’t get pressure on Mahomes with 4 or 5 rushers when he had a banged up OL, so with an offensive line that is much improved this season, I’m not sure how any of those rushers are going to get home. That’s why I say to use one of the DEs to jam Kelce whenever he’s lined up tight to the formation. Likely wouldn’t get there anyway. But yes, overall the ROI is not there. 

Maybe they drop 7-8 in coverage and let them run. Ala the first game last year.

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They will already have help.  Zebras won't call holding against Hughes.

It’s so bizarre. OTs are getting away with murder and I can’t recall the last holding penalty Hughes generated. Can’t all be due to the referee grudge, can it? I can’t see collusion in a billion dollar industry to not call holding if Hughes is the player. 

8 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

It’s so bizarre. OTs are getting away with murder and I can’t recall the last holding penalty Hughes generated. Can’t all be due to the referee grudge, can it? I can’t see collusion in a billion dollar industry to not call holding if Hughes is the player. 

Really not sure man.  I'm not saying he gets held all the time but there have been a lot of blatantly obvious holds on him that haven't gotten called.  It almost has to be a grudge.

They're 6th as a team, that's pretty good.  With all the depth they have, players are rotating in and out so much, likely makes it hard for players to get enough snaps to be high on the list.  So overall not concerned that only one Bill on list.

On another note see Franlklin-Myers is #10 on the list.  After reading another thread many here ripping the Jets for giving him a big contract.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

One Buffalo Bill made the list: NFL Pressure Index

As a team, the Bills rank 6th in pressure rate (8.3%), but with the amount of investment in the defensive line over the last couple years, should it be a concern that only Rousseau (12.5%; 30) is among the top 50 players?

It is interesting that Cam Heyward (12 pressures; single game high) and Deron Payne (10 pressures) wouldn’t be in the top 50 either if not for their monster performances against the Bills. 

I like the part where you say the bills are one of the best…and then ask if we should be concerned because of an arbitrary point.

GREAT THREAD

Edited by Crayola64
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

43 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Looking forward to seeing Spencer Brown against Chris Jones. This is a great early test/exposure for Brown. 

It could be a nightmare matchup for a very young inexperienced tackle not ready for a nfl great. 

11 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The fact that Payne and Heyward are up on the list after playing Cody Ford and John Feliciano is scary!

Feliciano will play better.....

Mahomes is getting the ball out very quickly this year, with great results. When he is forced to hold onto the ball more than 2.5 seconds he has not been very good.

This is not the same Chiefs team as last year. They are running the ball more as well.

This is a huge game for them. They will be supremely motivated. They are last in their division and everyone has been talking negatively about them, especially their defense. They are going to want to make a statement.

I'm excited. I think it should be a good game.

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Meh. It was awesome against Miami, but they also blitzed the ***** out of them, wasn’t all that impressed with their pass rush against Washington though without the blitz. 

This week is a good gauge to see if it’s really improved. 

Hard to play better from the bench… according to McD they are rolling with same unit as last week…. Feliciano is a middling to bad starting Guard. 

They got some good pressure against Washington. Their QB slipped away time after time. He was pretty elusive in the pocket. Mahomes can do that too, though....

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Meh. It was awesome against Miami, but they also blitzed the ***** out of them, wasn’t all that impressed with their pass rush against Washington though without the blitz. 

This week is a good gauge to see if it’s really improved. 

Hard to play better from the bench… according to McD they are rolling with same unit as last week…. Feliciano is a middling to bad starting Guard. 

Scotty, my boy, Blitz IS Pass Rush. Often, DL just hold their position or drop into short coverage while DBs or LBs charge.

But you know this. It’s how we pressure the QB. -and it’s very effective.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

It could be a nightmare matchup for a very young inexperienced tackle not ready for a nfl great. 

Feliciano will play better.....

Brown will get beat some, but he has the physical size, strength, and speed to match Jones. Not to mention Brown's mentality has been a missing piece from the Oline. Feliciano I think gets his shot at guard, but is on a short lease/rotation with Ike. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.