Who'd have thunk it?

freddyjj

12 hours ago, freddyjj said:

That after 4 games in:

Dawson Knox would have 4 TDs - the same as all Bills WRs total!

The Bills RBs would have 4 rushing TDs - half of last years total RB Rushing TDs for the season!

That the longest play from scrimmage is Devin Singletary's 46 yard run.  Not a Josh Allen pass!

That Bills Safeties would have 4 INTs >2 LB INTs>1 CB INT

I think that pretty much every single Bills fan would have signed up for this before the season began.  I think they'd be curious who the loss was to. 

Also, I would add in the two shutouts and Bass leading the league in points scored

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

2nd on the team to Hills 186.... I'm interested to see how much they use gordon.  Probably put him on the LOS so they can move hill/hardman around.  

I've been reading that Gordon will probably have a specific route tree and usage in this game, just not enough time to absorb all of Reid's complex offense.  Really need our DB's and Milano for this game.  Poyer, White, T. Johnson, D. Jackson all on the injury list.

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

2nd on the team to Hills 186.... I'm interested to see how much they use gordon.  Probably put him on the LOS so they can move hill/hardman around.  

According to reports he has impressed as far as practice goes anyway. I'm sure he will get some passes thrown his way. Will really need Bills DL to win their match ups and make a good impact for sure.

12 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

Sam Darnold has more rushing TDs than our RBs combined. 😆

When Sam Darnold leads the league in Rushing TD's (not tied, actual #1), I know we're in the dumbest timeline.

On top of that, 87 year old Tom Brady lead his team in rushing for a game! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, BigDingus said:

When Sam Darnold leads the league in Rushing TD's (not tied, actual #1), I know we're in the dumbest timeline.

On top of that, 87 year old Tom Brady lead his team in rushing for a game! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

Lol, whenever he does happen to get out the pocket and run, he looks so slow lol

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

Also, I would add in the two shutouts and Bass leading the league in points scored

Thinking that we would trade his 3 FG's against the Steelers for a couple of PAT's.  Bills and Chiefs have scored the same number of points, but KC has 17 PAT's  and we have 14.

18 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

When knox was drafted my first thought was we drafted our own Kittle. Super athletic player, not a ton of college production but if he could figure out the pro game he would be dangerous 

Did you watch him in college? 

Maybe if I did, I'd have thought that too. But honestly I was super confused. All I saw was a guy who had only 39 receptions & 0 TD's in his college career, and had zero idea why we needed to move up for that person.

I'm glad I'm not a scout, as I had no clue who he was.

• Agree 1

I hate to be a contrarian, but I think we fans, including me, are pretty stupid about this kind of thing.   We think that what we saw last season was what we're going to get this season, when in fact, more often than not, that is simply wrong. 

The Chiefs clearly are not the same team they were last season.  The Bucs aren't.  The Cowboys aren't.   Nobody is.   Teams evolve, rosters change, players develop, players get old, coaches change.   Everything changes. 

One of the things I like about McDermott is that he understands this dynamic completely.   He view his job as trying to figure out how to win this week's game  based on the skills and deficiencies of this week's roster and this week's opponent.   It is a constantly changing dynamic.   The Bills' top-five go-to plays from last season almost certainly will be stopped by opponents this season.   It seems pretty clear that defensive coaches have figured out how to slow down the Chiefs' best plays from last season, too.  

If Knox weren't better this season than last we'd be disappointed (a la Cody Ford).   If Singletary didn't come back after last season, we'd be disappointed.  

Everything changes.   

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

We think that what we saw last season was what we're going to get this season, when in fact, more often than not, that is simply wrong. 

Bingo!

Each year, everyone bases their rankings on what the teams did last year. If that were true, every year would be the same.

Chiefs & Bucs top teams in 2020, well then they'd be the top teams in 2021. And if they're the top teams in 2021, they're the top teams in 2022. And if....

It goes on & on. At some point things change. You can't just go off the last season, some teams are going to fall & others will improve. 

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Did you watch him in college? 

Maybe if I did, I'd have thought that too. But honestly I was super confused. All I saw was a guy who had only 39 receptions & 0 TD's in his college career, and had zero idea why we needed to move up for that person.

I'm glad I'm not a scout, as I had no clue who he was.

Not specifically, but I watched some of his tape after he was drafted and was really surprised how athletic he was. Definitely worth a flyer and I think he would have been a patriot had he lasted a few more picks

What Shaww66 said up thread is the way it actually is, well stated Shaw66.

Go Bills!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.