Weather for Chiefs game

Virgil

3 hours ago, Process said:

I agree he'll be fine. Not worried. 

The point of this thread was to imply we are in trouble because Josh can't play in bad weather. If that was true we would have a problem at QB. 

But I don't think it is. 

Tom Brady doesn’t play as well in bad weather. Let’s not pretend every offense isn’t affected by rain and wind.

• Like (+1) 1

Weather forecasting has improved drastically over the past 20 years, but a forecast more than 3 days out is still not very reliable.  Check back in a day or two and you'll have a forecast that's more likely to be accurate.

There's no reason Allen can't handle rain or wind.  He has a strong enough arm to get the ball where he wants it to go.

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

Eh. He really started playing well once the rain stopped.

I recall he drove us down the field multiple times, but Houston had a good scheme using a shallow zone across the end zone to defend those drag routes that have been money.

We settled for field goals.

In the second half the Bills adjusted to hitting plays just outside the end zone and walking those in, a great fake dive and wide open Knox, and threw in some RPO.

IMO elements had less to do with punching it in than adjustments made to counter how they were goaltending in the end zone.

Edited by WideNine
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Process said:

If Josh can't play in a little rain then reality is we don't have an elite QB. 

Yes it sucks that we may have to play in another crap weather game, but all teams have to deal with it. They need to figure it out. 

A lot of great QB's struggle in the rain... It doesn't speak to their skill or talent level at all.

I love watching bad weather games on TV with OTHER teams, as it makes everything an unpredicatable mess. But after the drought, I've hated them when the Bills were involved. That "advantage" we used to have during the Kelly era was clearly not a thing anymore. 

All it does is make things more random & increase mistakes. Wind, a little drizzle, fog, etc. are fine. A huge rain or snow storm? Hell no.

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

And he kept that pace up when it started raining again.

When it started up again, it was just sprinkling. It was so light you could barely see it on TV, and it was sporadic. Compared to the first half when it was pouring & it was totally visible no matter how far the cameras panned out, he played WAY better after the downpour stopped.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

KC obviously needs to build a dome.

Do the Great Lakes reach all the way to Missouri? That lake effect weather is really no joke 😉

• Eyeroll 1

They are not just calling for a little rain--they are calling for a driving rain storm with the stuff coming down sideways!  

I still think it's too early to really know what will happen or when.

Definitely keeping an eye on this, and hoping the weather doesn't impact the game.

12 hours ago, Virgil said:

WGR was saying thunderstorms, wind, and wet conditions are expected for the game Sunday night.  

Last time we played them in the rain, Pat could handle it and Josh struggled (similar to the Texans start).  

I really hope they come out prepared 

220E8D47-70EF-48E9-93F1-C8EEFA7F36D5.png

Note to self:  go ahead and hate the messenger.

😂 JK, Virg, but this really is some *****y news.  Thank you so much for bringing it to us.

Please also go right ahead and shotgun that story out to us stating that as of noon today the world will be out of beer.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm so sick of tired of rain games.  

At least this is an away game, because I can't handle too much more pregame of Buffalo home games where we have constant commentary about wind, rain, whatever.  

If it's just wet, rainy... well, we just had that on Sunday and after the shaky first two throws, Josh was 20-27 and played pretty good.  If it's a driving rain storm, all bets are off, and unfortunately we won't even know who the better team is after the game... it will basically just be whoever handles the slop better.  Hopefully the forecast changes because I really want to see us against them square up.  

As others have mentioned, we do have a better run game than KC and a drastically better run defense, should it come down to that. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

They are not just calling for a little rain--they are calling for a driving rain storm with the stuff coming down sideways!  

I still think it's too early to really know what will happen or when.

Definitely keeping an eye on this, and hoping the weather doesn't impact the game.

Yeah Saturday night or Sunday morning will give a lot closer of an indication to go by. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it looks as of now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.