Weather for Chiefs game

Virgil

WGR was saying thunderstorms, wind, and wet conditions are expected for the game Sunday night.  

Last time we played them in the rain, Pat could handle it and Josh struggled (similar to the Texans start).  

I really hope they come out prepared 

220E8D47-70EF-48E9-93F1-C8EEFA7F36D5.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

If Josh can't play in a little rain then reality is we don't have an elite QB. 

Yes it sucks that we may have to play in another crap weather game, but all teams have to deal with it. They need to figure it out. 

Allen played exceptionally well in a strong wind game against Washington and last week in the rain he played very well against the Texans. He should be fine.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Yes it sucks that we may have to play in another crap weather game, but all teams have to deal with it. They need to figure it out. 

I think he played the best ball in the rain last Sunday.

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

WGR was saying thunderstorms, wind, and wet conditions are expected for the game Sunday night.  

Last time we played them in the rain, Pat could handle it and Josh struggled (similar to the Texans start).  

I am a big weather worrier— but this doesn’t look bad. The wind is what you really have to worry about and 5-10 MPH is nothing. And the rain doesn’t strike me as the downpour we saw last week. 

11 minutes ago, Process said:

You’re so enthusiastic about the team’s chances, it’s almost unbearable to see such a positive post. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Both of us were at the Texans game.

Josh can play in the rain, I'm not worried.

23 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen played exceptionally well in a strong wind game against Washington and last week in the rain he played very well against the Texans. He should be fine.

I agree he'll be fine. Not worried. 

The point of this thread was to imply we are in trouble because Josh can't play in bad weather. If that was true we would have a problem at QB. 

But I don't think it is. 

Imagine the fuss that would be made if the Bills played in an enclosed stadium* and just about ANY weather was unusual. Thankfully this team is used to inclement weather.

* I don't call any enclosed stadium a "dome" because I'm not that stupid. If it doesn't have a dome-shaped roof, it isn't a dome. Pretty simple, actually.

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I think he played the best ball in the rain last Sunday.

Actually he improved mightily after the rain stopped in the first half. Can't speak for the second half though. Did the rain start back up? I think the announcers said it did... but was tough to see on tv.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

Meh.

wunderground is saying 45% chance of rain at kickoff, increasing through the evening.

But the truth is, this is the midwest - the weather gets generated out here, you can't really see it coming 3 days in advance.  Well sometimes you can, but whether it's coming for you or will skip to the south or skate off to the nouth is very hard to predict.  And exactly when it gets here is also hard to figure.

Hopefully they're working with Wet Ball drills at practice, but we're really not going to know what the weather will be at that time and place with reasonable probability until Sunday am.

I think your % probability of precip and your low, are both the low for the entire day arriving in the wee hours of Monday.  Should be more like 72 around game time with a low in the high 60s by the end of the game.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/mo/kansas-city

for those who want to torture themselves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.