Bills Biggest recent Road Win ?

First Round Bust

Winning at Pittsburgh in '19 on Sunday night to clinch playoff berth over most immediate challenger to playoff berth was pretty nice.  Yes... Duck Hodges.  But Steelers were driving to the playoffs with him until we derailed it.  One of my favorite moments of this Bills run came in that game when the stadium audio queued up "Renegade" during time out before the Bills took possession in 4th quarter with Steeler defense looking to ice the game behind fans whipped into a frenzy by the their signature song.  How did Buffalo respond?  By Bills players dancing to the song on the field, making it their own and driving to the go ahead score.  That was a statement.  This year's team hopefully makes a similar and bigger statement this week.  

As an aside, big games against K.C. will always make smile and think of Scott Norwood giving the tomahawk chop and gesturing to them to hit the road after hitting big field goal during playoff game.  Right drug Scott...  wrong dose🥴.

• Like (+1) 2

I think what hurts the fans is that in the recent years there are huge expectations going into these big games and the Bills have come a cropper more often than not....The chiefs and Titans games last year or the game against Baltimore or New England in 2019...we were supposed to win those games and we failed quite miserably....I sense the same nervousness among fans this week as we face the chiefs.  

We all know the 2021 Bills are Super Good...Can they compete with the big boys and win! Go Bills

4 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

Lots of accomplishments under McClappy and Beano..playoffs first year, excellent calculated moves to get a  franchise qb, solid roster building thru good drafting, smart FA moves, resigning own pending FAs, positive team culture, etc

but winning a big game on the road, esp the playoffs is missing....

at Jax - the Tyrod Taylor no touchdown game

at Hou - second-half lead blown, do I say choked-away in OT

at KC - AFC championship game - not competitive

regular season wins at Ten, Pit, NE, Dallas (Thanksgiving) and LV over the years are fine and dandy, but the next step has to be winning a big game on the road, that piece of the championship puzzle is missing...

So what you're saying is only playoff games count?  You say "especially the playoffs" when you clearly mean "only the playoffs".  If we win out through the Super Bowl with the first seed so we don't even get to play on the road, will you still be upset?

13 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

regular season wins at Ten, Pit, NE, Dallas (Thanksgiving) and LV over the years are fine and dandy, but the next step has to be winning a big game on the road, that piece of the championship puzzle is missing...

Pretty sure the win in Tennessee was right before Tannehill was the starter, and winning at LV in an empty stadium wasn't that impressive. After what NE did to us for 20 years, ANY win against them is awesome, but let's not pretend Cam Newton Pats were anything like Brady Pats.

So really I'd put Dallas on Thanksgiving & last year's Pittsburgh games as the 2 highlights. Teams with winning records on nationally televised games, and at the time, Pitt had only 1 loss. 

But yeah, other road wins against good teams haven't been as common, but then again, you can't help how good the other teams are on your schedule.

16 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

Lots of accomplishments under McClappy and Beano..playoffs first year, excellent calculated moves to get a  franchise qb, solid roster building thru good drafting, smart FA moves, resigning own pending FAs, positive team culture, etc

The two biggest to my mind were in 2017. The win @ Atlanta early doors after they were coming off being in the Superbowl was definitely vital in getting the locker room to buy what McDermott was selling and then the win @ Kansas City after the three game skid and the Peterman debacle put that season back on the rails. 

I think winning at Dallas and New England on TV might have got more pop but in terms of the actual biggest road wins of the McDermott era it is still those two in 2017 for me. 

16 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

So what you're saying is only playoff games count?  You say "especially the playoffs" when you clearly mean "only the playoffs".  If we win out through the Super Bowl with the first seed so we don't even get to play on the road, will you still be upset?

of course not, but that is not always the case, and has not been the case so far even tho we were 14-2 last season, Josh says he still gets nervous-excited, add the crowd noise this season, etc... so I do think having an 0-3 recent record on the road for the playoffs, is a blemish and ahurdle we need to get over

21 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

IMO the win at Pitt was just as big a win as this one could be as was the Thanksgiving Dallas game.  They were later in the season too when you kind of more needed the win.

the bad news - 12 teams have no super bowl win  - we are one of them - and this pisses a lot of us of in more ways than one - sorry boys

the good news is that we got a good shot now- likely need to win a play-off game on the road to get there - currently 0-3 on the road - and not apologizing it is what it is...

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.