Bills/Chiefs Score Predictions Thread

BuffaloBillyG

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree but its also situational.  Chargers also kicked a field goal on 4th and goal from the 6 after having basically 6 shots between there and the 1 yard line. They went for it on 4th and 9 while it was a tie game with 48 seconds left.  They honestly could have just run the ball and ran out the clock and kicked a field goal I think.

The Bills need to score TDs for sure but McD cant just willy nilly go for it on every 4th down.

I disagree. If I was McD, I would be going for every 4th and 7 or less after we cross mid field. And I think the analytics agrees with me.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I disagree. If I was McD, I would be going for every 4th and 7 or less after we cross mid field. And I think the analytics agrees with me.

I don't necessarily disagree with that.  That would be a situation.  If the Bills are on their own 40 and the O hasn't been moving the ball, that's a different situation.

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

If McD kicks 3 field goals in this game, he deserves all the backlash he gets.

You can NOT beat KC with field goals. 

The Chargers even went for 4th and 9 instead of kicking a field goal.

The Chargers went for a 4th and 9 rather than try a 52 yard Field Goal when their FG kicker has a career long of 47. That was the obvious right move. Why they didn't then just run it three times take the clock down to 0.04 and kick a FG as time expired I will never know. Instead they scored a touchdown and gave Mahomes 30 odd seconds. As the 49ers found against Green Bay that can cost you. 

The Bills have to try and score touchdowns against KC. But there may be circumstances that call for a FG try. They can't get conservative though, I agree with that.

31 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Bills - 37

Chiefs - 34

A contender for game of the year. A game we've all been waiting for. Hope you all took Monday off.

It's convenient for a lot of people that it's a federal holiday. 👍

51 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Chargers went for a 4th and 9 rather than try a 52 yard Field Goal when their FG kicker has a career long of 47. That was the obvious right move. Why they didn't then just run it three times take the clock down to 0.04 and kick a FG as time expired I will never know. Instead they scored a touchdown and gave Mahomes 30 odd seconds. As the 49ers found against Green Bay that can cost you. 

The Bills have to try and score touchdowns against KC. But there may be circumstances that call for a FG try. They can't get conservative though, I agree with that.

Kick it early and go for it late. Tried and true.

57 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

KC - 33

Buf - 23

Apocalyptic week on here and all will be forgotten when we win seven straight going into Tampa.

3 hours ago, BTB said:

KC 31

BUF 19

11 hours ago, chaccof said:

Chiefs - 31

Bills - 16

Unfortunately I think the red zone issues will result in three FG's for the Bills.  While the defense has been fantastic, they've faced three back up QB's.  The team hasn't beaten a good team yet - their opponents so far are 5 - 11.   I Think KC wants to prove that they're back, particularly on prime time.  

9 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Maybe it’s PTSD from AFCCG but I don’t think the Bills have an answer for Mahomes, Hill, or Kelce.  

Chiefs 35

Bills 24

8 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Our 'O'line is exposed.

'Chefs' 38

Bills 28

8 hours ago, Billznut said:

KC     31

Buf    24

The Bills go toe to toe with KC all night. Both teams are able to make some defensive stops and 1 turnover for each side. Just comes down to KC having the ball late and the Bills unable to stop them when needed. 

7 hours ago, billsherd said:

Unfortunately 30-24 Chiefs.

On 10/7/2021 at 9:53 PM, Zerovoltz said:

You all know who I'm rooting for...but I'm not making a prediction.  KC's defense makes a prediction too hard for me.  

KC is at home and tends to play to the competition...so there is that.  I really really don't like my teams D at all.  I can't call a Chiefs win with this D....

I would like to add this game has MASSIVE playoff implications.  If KC wins this game, They control their destiny to the 2 seed, having a tiebreaker over the BIlls and the same 3-2 record.  KC would trail the Browns by a game, but if they tie with them, KC has that tie breaker....IF KC loses, they likely fall 2 games behind Cleveleland, a we'd be 2 full games back of the Bills and on the wrong side of the tiebreaker.  Basically it would all but kill the loser of this games shot at the one seed.  I am sure Browns fan

Ugh...since it's a prediction thread.  Buffalo 45 KC 41

On 10/7/2021 at 6:41 PM, ßookie_tech said:

27-23 kc

On 10/7/2021 at 3:37 PM, NewEra said:

37-23 Chiefs

but if McDabollzier can step up their game vs their daddies, well...then I'd have to say 34-28 Bills.

On 10/7/2021 at 3:24 PM, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I really do enjoy reading all the optimistic takes, I'm just not there.  I believe the Bills CAN win this game but we have to be perfect on both sides of the ball.  I have hope and will cheer my loudest, over the moon if we win and disappointed if we lose.  I'm just trying to be realistic.  My earlier post was in jest though but probably didn't read that way. 

My biggest concern isn't how the Bills play, rather how the game is coached.

Chiefs 35

Bills 17

I will be happy to be roasted Monday if we win.

On 10/7/2021 at 2:56 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I predicted BUF 41, HOU 3 last week, so don't accuse me of being negative.

My best prediction for Sunday night is this:

I think the Bills defense plays well early, but on the other side, Josh is nervy and we're thinking, "Man, if only the offense could get its act together, we'd have this one."

Spagnuolo will magically have a great gameplan for this one to frustrate the Bills offense even though KC's defense sucks against everyone else.

Chiefs will lead 30-16 and end up winning 30-23. Bills will have a faint prayer at the end but fail to recover an onside kick.

Side note: I predict Breida will be active. Bills will get too cute with the gameplan instead of sticking with what they do.

Bills go on to get #1 seed and beat Chiefs in playoffs at home. With Bills at 14-3, Chiefs just have to lose two more for Bills to get #1 seed.

Tasker seems to agree that the stars are aligning for KC to have a big game here. He also said he'd almost rather lose this one to set up to win the next one at home in the playoffs. Feels Chiefs would be overconfident in playoffs, leading to mental edge; tough to beat same team twice in a year and they'd feel like we can't beat them after they beat us 3x.

I'm trying to think of a game that we lost 37-23?

You're all dead to me 

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Did you see what happened on the point after try?

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Bills have to try and score touchdowns against KC. But there may be circumstances that call for a FG try. They can't get conservative though, I agree with that

Exactly. Agree they can't get conservative for sure. But there pretty much always is situations where you have to take the FG. Every situation is different, but at times you just can't risk coming away with nothing on certain drives moving the ball and at least get some points 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I did but they were at the 2 yard line. They could have taken a knee and kicked. 

They only got to the 2 yard line because they kept running plays after converting on 4th and 9 lol.

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Exactly. Agree they can't get conservative for sure. But there pretty much always is situations where you have to take the FG. Every situation is different, but at times you just can't risk coming away with nothing on certain drives moving the ball and at least get some points 

Straight out of Dick Jauron’s gameplan.

Edited by Einstein
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

They only got to the 2 yard line because they kept running plays after converting on 4th and 9 lol.

Straight out of Dick Jauron’s gameplan.

so in other words you think there is no time they should take the field goal. Sorry but I don’t agree with that. If the Bills were to lose by three after not converting a fourth and long in field goal range you’d flip your story fast. 

15 hours ago, Einstein said:

If McD kicks 3 field goals in this game, he deserves all the backlash he gets.

You can NOT beat KC with field goals. 

The Chargers even went for 4th and 9 instead of kicking a field goal.

Yep as long as the Bills are losing or no more than 14 points ahead they should treat every series past the 50 yard line as 4 down territory. Feel free to run on 3rd and 9 with the understanding that you're going for it on 4th down. If and only if we build a 3 score lead should we be kicking field goals or punting past the 50.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/7/2021 at 4:49 PM, Beast said:

@Gene1973 feels the need to disagree with a lot of predictions for some strange reason. Must be a Chiefs homer.

Yes, he and his brother @newcam2012. They’re Anything BUT Bills fans. Still, we’re all inclusive..

I gotta keep reminding myself..🤦‍♂️

20 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills haven't beaten a decent QB yet. If Milano, Poyer, and Johnson are not 100% I can't see keeping them from scoring less than 4 TDs. 

Best chance Bills have is a strong running game.

McD has not been able to figure out Reid. KC has beaten us with a run oriented attack and then with the pass in two seperate games last year.

If they had beaten the Steelers I would have taken the Bills in a tight game. 

Unfortunately I think the o-line is still a work in progress and the defense is a product of the competition.

Truly hope I am wrong. Didn't think Bills would win in Dallas on Thanksgiving and they did. Bills can beat KC but I think it will be in Jan in Buffalo

KC 31 Buffalo 17

Reid is 2-1 vs. Sean and we may well tie it up Sunday night.. 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Yep as long as the Bills are losing or no more than 14 points ahead they should treat every series past the 50 yard line as 4 down territory. Feel free to run on 3rd and 9 with the understanding that you're going for it on 4th down. If and only if we build a 3 score lead should we be kicking field goals or punting past the 50.

Someone who gets it!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.