RB Zack Moss on @gmfb

I'd accept the "who have we played" argument if we weren't punting these bad teams into outer space. If they were closer games, then sure. But we are annihilating these teams. Their media after these games are calling them some of the worst loses in their franchise history.

I do need them to show up against KC though. But they've earned their accolades in my book.

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM
  • Like (+1) 2

The Bills nation started this year believing JA would carry the team. The D is doing so more than JA. Right or wrong, and as totally nit picky as it is, JA lost the Pitt game. The Bills D has “won” in all of them.  Time will tell if the Browns D continues to play lights out. I am just thrilled the Bills D is in the conversation.

JA can play as one of 22 with this D. 

10 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

The takes in this video are fair.  The Bills D is playing great, but need to show it against a stronger offensive opponent.  They will get their opportunity on Sunday.

I don’t mind the takes, but this early in the season one blowout game really swings the perception.  Chargers D supposed to be very good, beat the Chiefs, WFT lost by 4 points due to a TD in the 4th.

Herbert headed to the HOF per Shefty, needed a TD in the 4th to squeak by a defense we pulverized.

Browns looking good, gave up 33 points to the Chiefs, 21 points to a Texans D we just skunked, held the Vikes and Bears to 6 or 7…. Do we really think those are juggernaut offenses?

Dont get me wrong, I love me some Garrett, but I’m not seeing this huge opponent quality disparity where Bills have shown nuttin and Browns have beaten the best.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

The Bills nation started this year believing JA would carry the team. The D is doing so more than JA. Right or wrong, and as totally nit picky as it is, JA lost the Pitt game. The Bills D has “won” in all of them.  Time will tell if the Browns D continues to play lights out. I am just thrilled the Bills D is in the conversation.

I love the way our D is playing.  I respectfully disagree on the “JA lost the Pitts game” take.  Was he good, no, but the total absence of a run threat or extra blockers and some very strange play calling played their part.  In addition, the difference in the game was a blocked punt.  JA was not on the punt unit whiffing blocks or kicking too close to the LOS

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

how slow did the Bills start out last season?

talk was of Negative Point differential 

we’re light years ahead of last season 

It's hard to overstate how much of an impact having Milano out will have on defending that KC offense.  If Milano is out I give the advantage to KC.  If Milano is healthy and plays I think the Bills will win.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It's hard to overstate how much of an impact having Milano out will have on defending that KC offense.  If Milano is out I give the advantage to KC.  If Milano is healthy and plays I think the Bills will win.

I dunno, he was out there for us in the AFCCG and he couldn't stop a soft breeze. I think regardless of whether he's there or not this Sunday the Bills defense is still well equipped to stop KC. Our defense is legit this year.

Just now, uninja said:

I dunno, he was out there for us in the AFCCG and he couldn't stop a soft breeze. I think regardless of whether he's there or not this Sunday the Bills defense is still well equipped to stop KC. Our defense is legit this year.

I think Milano is the only one with the athleticism and coverage chops to slow Kelce down.  Instead of 9 for 120 and 1 td, hopefully 6 for 75 and no tds.

Just my crazy WAG...

4 hours ago, offyourocker said:

Our D is playing great but he is right we really have not played a good offense yet.  Browns have multiple times.  Miles Garrett is just unbelievable right now

Outside of the Chiefs (where they lost) they have not exactly played murderers row either. Texans Bears (Fields first start) and the Vikings

36 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

He was one of the worst players on the field against the Chiefs last year when 100% healthy in the AFC Championship.

Sure he seems to be playing at an all pro level so far this year but he's not going to be the reason we win or lose this game IMO.

3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Outside of the Chiefs (where they lost) they have not exactly played murderers row either. Texans Bears (Fields first start) and the Vikings

I'm inclined to agree. Texans and Bears are not offensive powerhouses. For all the offensive firepower that people talk up for the Vikings they have an irritating tendency (if you're a Vikings fan) to just fart away a couple of games every season (see: Bills 2018, Bears 2019, Colts 2020)

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

true. While I love Milano his replacement did perty darn good 😊 

yeah yeah. Against a practice team. 

😂 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I'd probably argue that the blocked punt was the difference week 1.

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

true. While I love Milano his replacement did perty darn good 😊 

yeah yeah. Against a practice team. 

😂

You may be right Shady.

I think Klein's role is different from Milano's when he plays though.  I think they like to drop Milano into coverage against the RBs and TEs releasing into their receiving routes.  I think they have Klein stay near the line to rush the passer and stuff the run.  I think last year when Milano was out and Klein first started playing he looked terrible because they asked him to do what Milano was doing in coverage.  Once they figured out he just wasn't athletic enough to do it, they changed his playing responsibilities and he really started to play well up at the line of scrimmage.

If there is someone out there who drills down on the All 22 film maybe you can chime in and say if I'm off base on that.

🍻

Whether you feel it's justified or not,  the whole "they haven't played anyone" narrative it's getting old fast. Schedule strength is determined by previous season rank and record. 

Ok, the Texans stink. 

But Pitt was a 12 game division winner. Washington albeit 7-9 was a division winner with a supposedly great D. Miami was a 10 game winning team many thought were on the rise.

Teams that weren't playoff worthy last season are all of the sudden being talked about. Cardinals, Chargers, Cowboys and Panthers. Happens every season.

You play who's on your schedule, period! And you make no apologies for beating teams whether by 3 or 30 points. 

Sure it'd be nice to beat KC by 14+ in their house. I wouldn't bet on it though. I just want the Bills to show the league and KC in particular that they belong and deserve to be mentioned as a Top tier SB contender. 

Hoping for a good game win or lose. Go Bills!

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1