Panthers trade for Stephon Gilmore

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm not too confident they are actually good.  They should have absolutely killed that Houston team.  The game was close into the 3rd.

They are a solid team one that I think could take a wildcard spot in a fairly weak NFC. Darnold is a solid QB, Moore and Anderson are a good WR combo and CMC when healthy is dynamic and their defense is solid.

Not sure where they go long term as while I think Darnold might be a very good QB I can also see him falling into the Derrick Carr range of QB above average but not really elite unless he has elite players around him which is hard to sustain.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I like the Carolina roster, but dang they have sent away almost every draft pick lol. 
I’m surprised they’re pushing all the chips in. They’re gonna have some seriously tough salary cap implications in a year or two with DJ Moore blowing up, Burns gonna get elite pass rush money, and decisions on Darnold. 

That is going to be  the deal maker/breaker if Darnold keeps his play up.

• Like (+1) 1

As others stated, this was a best case scenario for the Bills.  Didn't go to someone in our path to the SB like KC or other AFC contender.  Didn't got to one of the favorites in the NFC to make the SB that we could face like the Bucs or Packers for instance.  And while the Pats did get something back for him instead of nothing, its just a 6th.

Good for Gilmore and good for the Panthers.  They lost Horn and now bring in Gilmore whose even better to help what has been an impressive defense thus far through the season.  They definitely got better and only cost them a 6th.  Panthers are on a good path right now, and while I don't really expect them to reach the SB this year, they certainly are one of those second tier teams that could be troublesome come playoff time.  Especially if McCaffrey can stay healthy in the playoffs and the defense keeps playing well.

59 minutes ago, Process said:

The Panthers are building a hell of a team. They've done a great job turning that team around. 

I'm not so sure.  In their first game against a good team, the Cowboys smacked them around and Darnold looked just like he did with the Jets.  They've improved, but they're still not a top-tier NFC team.  They have a long way to go before they can compete with Arizona, LA, Green Bay and Tampa. 

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Wait just a GD minute.  Schefty said he was released outright.  HTF did the Cheats get a draft pick for a guy they RELEASED?

It's a leverage play, you announce some guy is getting released the afternoon/evening before, but releases don't become official until 4pm day of. This signals to other teams "hey, if you want this guy, give us a call"

This is pretty standard stuff.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.