Justin Fields named starter

Did Nagy promise Dalton he'd be the starter no matter what? Reminds me of when Matt Cassell took the very first snap of the season opener before Tyrod took over. His contract stipulated he would be the starter opening day.

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/23973/one-snap-played-gets-matt-cassel-extra-58-73-from-bills

I seem to remember earlier this week when Nagy said Dalton would be the starter if he's healthy. Must have gotten a call from the front office.

Either way, it looks like another HC position opening up at the end of the year.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

Now the media can shut up. They have an unhealthy and annoying obsession with Fields and Nagy.

Think it’s just Nagy. I’m just curious to know what’s so much difference between Mitchell and Justin? Is Nagy really a QB guru? Bills thought Culley was in the beginning 

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Or Nagy is just an idiot, of which there is plenty of evidence 

Sure, which is part of why he doesn't have a choice.  It's becoming clearer every week that he's gonna be out by the end of the year, and management / ownership probably stepped in to make sure they get a good look at Fields.

Edited by Captain Caveman