Tremaine Edmunds named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

nato7412

35 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is cool and I’m not trying to be a jerk because Ive never participated and any Edmunds tongue lashings around here, but if 6 tackles and 1 int got it done how non-existent were the rest of NFL defenses this week? Lol

Maybe being the centerpiece to another dominant performance was involved in the voting. 

I think most people miss what he does in coverage.   He is always getting in throwing lanes and very good in coverage...add that to him making a splash play or 2 and he gets some recognition.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is cool and I’m not trying to be a jerk because Ive never participated and any Edmunds tongue lashings around here, but if 6 tackles and 1 int got it done how non-existent were the rest of NFL defenses this week? Lol

Maybe being the centerpiece to another dominant performance was involved in the voting. 

You're spot on.. somehow Tyreek Hill lost to Joe Burrow last week too.. so these things are meaningless.

I don't hate Edmunds either for the record. Just acknowledging that POW awards are given by fans.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dam Straight... Chew on that... I have been one very critical about him even early this year... On Podcasts everywhere... These #s do not lie people.  I have a healthy plate of crow in front of me and I am going to enjoy it.. WHY? Because I am a Bills Fan And DAM glad we picked his 5th year

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It’s more that just that. He graded higher than any other defender. He was dominant.

21 minutes ago, Jobot said:

You're spot on.. somehow Tyreek Hill lost to Joe Burrow last week too.. so these things are meaningless.

I don't hate Edmunds either for the record. Just acknowledging that POW awards are given by fans.

Only the Sponsored ones have a fan vote - Pepsi ROW, Fed Ex air, Fed ex ground etc. Not the weekly AFC/NFC Offense, Defense and ST, which is what this is. They are voted on by the AP.

why isn’t burrow deserving by the way? 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

But...but...but...I heard from so many posters he sucks and wouldn't start for any other NFL team...how??

LSD in the drinking water at NFL headquarters. Gotta be.

Can't be that the 10 or 20 people on here who seem to dedicate their lives to downgrading Edmunds and the same two or three others they've habitually scapegoated were ... you know, wrong!! They see the world more clearly than everyone else, as they've said.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.