Gilmore released

17 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Maybe so.  I remember the plays that he was torched dogging it and looking at other players to blame.  It doesn't matter.  He isn't going to be on our team.  I would be shocked if he ends up in Buffalo.

What is this anyhow?  Its a tweet in 2021 about 2019 and beyond.  He left in 2017,  And who said I was mad.  Im not mad and I don't hate Gilmore.

Could it be he was actually right to blame those players for not doing their job?

2 hours ago, TheProcess said:

From everything we heard when Gilmore was here was that he was an incredibly hard worker. Taking care of his body, watching a ton of tape to get an edge, and always working on his craft. I don’t get where all the Gilmore hate comes from. Because he didn’t smile when he was drafted? So what. Buffalo had a terrible reputation when he was drafted here and didn’t show much improvement while he was here. The organization was a joke. So, he goes and enjoys a little success elsewhere (says he is excited to be on TV more) and becomes the target of a bunch of Bills fan hate. I don’t get it. 

He won’t come back here, but we’d be lucky to get him as a #2 corner opposite Tre. Especially, with how much a lot of people on here foolishly try to replace Levi Wallace at every turn. Be careful what you wish for. 

Very first play in the NFL, bit on a Mark Sanchez play fake, and burned for 70+ yard TD. He did that again that game. Everyone said how great he was, yet the Bills had 6 win seasons and he was always giving up the big play and penalty. Diversion from lack of QB. Career low was sucking up to Sherman after that late hit on Carpenter. Zero will to win.

Rush the passer, that's it.

1 minute ago, Maybe Someday said:

2023 6th rounder. Must stay on pup. 

welcome home. 

Yeah good on him. Gets to go home and play.   Has to stay on PUP until after week 6 anyway. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, beavis said:

Very first play in the NFL, bit on a Mark Sanchez play fake, and burned for 70+ yard TD. He did that again that game. Everyone said how great he was, yet the Bills had 6 win seasons and he was always giving up the big play and penalty. Diversion from lack of QB. Career low was sucking up to Sherman after that late hit on Carpenter. Zero will to win.

Rush the passer, that's it.

A rookie made some mistakes?!? Holy ****!!!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Could it be he was actually right to blame those players for not doing their job?

Wasn't there a TD most here said he was shook by brown only to see it really wasn't on him. Did that stop some(a lot) here from dumping on him?! Nope. 

12 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

No its never right to insinuate blame on teammates.  Its not his job thats a coaches job.  A team of lesser talent but greater team mentality will outdo a team of greater talent but lesser team orientation id give 80% of the time.  Im not talking  huge talent/team cohesion  gaps just a notch less intact still will produce a larger skewed result imho. Teamwork is very often overlooked when ppl just focus on the highlights. Teamwork is never aout assigning individual blame. Gilmore is more self motivated over team oriented.    At least he's close to his people as he's from that area so likely he'll maybe fit in there, he'd be a bad fit with the bills culture as it is these days.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Why? Because YOU think this so it has to be true. I doubt that you are above error.

Really no need for comments like that AD. :( 

No disrespect, but I whole heartedly disagree.  Its not because I think so, its because the entire NFL thinks so.  No one in the NFL would leave Gilmore off their top 10 CB list right now, not one player, GM, or coach.  Its not a personal opinion, its a matter of fact.  And there are plenty that would still list him top 5.

He was a very good DB when he played in on bad to marginal teams in Buffalo and went on to become Elite in NE as he continue to mature as a player.  But there are people here over exaggeration things over their personal dislike of him from things said after he left to discredit his ability as a player, and thats just silly IMO.  

I am not saying I am above error, I am saying its pretty silly to infer that Gilmore isn't still a great player and one of the better defensive backs in the NFL still.  Especially since most of that stems from people being butt hurt over things said after he left still and playing for our rival and arch enemy in New England.  

I get it if people have personal dislike of him, and that is fine, everyone is entitled to like or dislike who ever they choose.  But turning that personal dislike into an inaccurate portrayal of his ability as a player is silly and isn't based on unbiased and accurate football analysis.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Only the most sensitive of snowflakes were upset with this.

❄️ ❄️ 

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Oh ok. I actually thought you were referring to another instance of which I was unaware. I’m not trying to bust your chops, but that’s a far cry from “see ya losers”.

No chops considered busted. I guess as Dr. D said, "I'm just a sensitive snowflake". I guess my disdain for him stems from Gilmore never embracing BFLO or being on the team. 

3 hours ago, Iraq Vet said:

He might just pick the Bills for one season just to piss off the Hoodie.

bwwaaahahahaaa. and thank you for your service 🙂 GO BILLS

Edited by Muppy

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No disrespect, but I whole heartedly disagree.  Its not because I think so, its because the entire NFL thinks so.  No one in the NFL would leave Gilmore off their top 10 CB list right now, not one player, GM, or coach.  Its not a personal opinion, its a matter of fact.  And there are plenty that would still list him top 5.

He was a very good DB when he played in on bad to marginal teams in Buffalo and went on to become Elite in NE as he continue to mature as a player.  But there are people here over exaggeration things over their personal dislike of him from things said after he left to discredit his ability as a player, and thats just silly IMO.  

I am not saying I am above error, I am saying its pretty silly to infer that Gilmore isn't still a great player and one of the better defensive backs in the NFL still.  Especially since most of that stems from people being butt hurt over things said after he left still and playing for our rival and arch enemy in New England.  

I get it if people have personal dislike of him, and that is fine, everyone is entitled to like or dislike who ever they choose.  But turning that personal dislike into an inaccurate portrayal of his ability as a player is silly and isn't based on unbiased and accurate football analysis.  

Did you know that Richard Sherman recently signed with Tampa Bay, supposedly at the urging of Brady. Do you think it is possible that Belichick might have told Brady that he was going to release Gilmore?

I am not saying that he did, but I view this as a possibility.

13 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Did you know that Richard Sherman recently signed with Tampa Bay, supposedly at the urging of Brady. Do you think it is possible that Belichick might have told Brady that he was going to release Gilmore?

He probably did. Then Brady told Arians we don't need to trade for Gilmore, the Pats are going to release him.

Then they didn't. ;)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Problem is McD plays a zone heavy scheme no? I remember in 2017 when they let Gilmore walk the reasoning was that he wasn’t a fit for the scheme as Gilmore was more of a man to man corner. I don’t see that as having changed. I just don’t see the fit here. This team could use another body at corner but I just don’t see this being the right fit.

In 2017 they were implementing a new defense............everyone was new to the system..........now they have a very experienced defense and the back 7 are basically in their 4th season together......that's an eternity for defense in the NFL.....they are at the point where they really should be able to start getting very creative on defense including playing a lot more man coverage(if they were to add such a player).    Moot point now.

13 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yes I am fully aware of the Sherman signing and was even before it was official that they had been talking to him, and of course I watched him play.  Are you aware that they were talking to Sherman for a little while prior to signing him?  Because they were.  

Now the second part of your question...I dont know if I am reading this wrong or what, but it sure seems like you are suggesting the possibility that BB tipped off Brady that Gilmore was gonna be available, and because the Bucs chose to sign Sherman (which was last week by the way before Gilmore stuff are out) that is some how evidence that Gilmore is not any good anymore.

Is that really what you are trying to suggest right now?  If so, that is really really really a stretch, and literally makes no sense on any level given the fact BB has no interest in helping Brady right now, and the Bucs were a team that expressed interest in signing Gilmore if he was released so clearly Sherman signing would have no relevancy at all to what they thought about Gilmore.  

So maybe I am misreading your post, but it sure seems like that is one heck of a story you are trying to sell to some how spin Gilmore isn't any good anymore.