Beat the Bills in the Playoffs = A Curse on your Franchise?

2017 - Bills return to the playoffs and lose to the Jaguars. Jacksonville begins an immediate nosedive, wins only 1 game in 2019, 0 games in 2020, and is currently on a 19 game losing streak. Even with a high-profile coach (LOL) and the #1 draft pick and landing the next great hype, they are still 0-4 and somehow finding ways to look worse by the day. Team is in shambles.

2019 - Bills lose to the Texans. Bill O'Brien trades the best WR in the game for a song. Overpays for an LT who he then has to re-sign to a mega-$ long term deal. Alienates JJ Watt, the franchises best and most beloved player to date. And I wont even get into DeShaun Watson. Team is in shambles.

2020 - Bills lose to the Chiefs in AFC Championship. KC goes on to lay a turd in the Super Bowl, and start the next year looking shaky at 2-2 and last place in their division. We'll see how the rest of the year goes for them, but looking at the Chargers, Raiders, and even Broncos, it does not look like an easy road to redemption.

Conclusion: We will lay waste to the NFL, franchise by franchise, until the Lombardi Trophy is brought to Buffalo.

LET'S GO!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Some interesting data here but I can guarantee the Chiefs aren't going away even if we beat them this week.

But I've said all that as good as Mahomes is, it's wishful thinking that they are going to get to 4 straight AFC Championships/3 straight SB's  this year because there are simply too many other good teams and QB's in this league especially in the AFC.

If we do beat them it will go a long way in terms of ensuring they are probably nothing more than a wildcard team this year.

4 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

With the Steelers loss, the Bills margin of error is very small.  This is a must win in my opinion if they want a legitimate shot at the 1 seed. 

I still think that outside of the KC/TEN/TB you can argue that there's not another game on the schedule we shouldn't be heavy favorites in.

Yes upsets happen as we saw against the Steelers but that path is there for this team to finish as high as 14-3 or even 15-2 assuming we win a game or two against the aforementioned teams.

But getting back to this game specifically, it's not just about the #1 seed as much as this team and coaching staff knowing getting the proverbial monkey off their backs so that Mahomes/Reid isn't the new Brady/Belichik that we'll never be able to beat.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I wrote that earlier and got blasted for it.

Margin for error will be known after we learn who we are after this Sunday. If they win and look good against KC, then I think we have an easy road to the 1 seed. If we lose, and it's a replay of Buff v KC 2020 games... then we've got work to do.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

With the Steelers loss, the Bills margin of error is very small.  This is a must win in my opinion if they want a legitimate shot at the 1 seed. 

Let's not stop there: the Cardinals spun out to the tune of 2-5 after the Hail Murray play, missing the playoffs entirely! (ok, that one DID wear off)...

Edited by thurst44
clarity
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, thurst44 said:

Let's not stop there: the Cardinals spun out to the tune of 2-5 after the Hail Murray play, missing the playoffs entirely!

Yeah, but looks like they are on the bounce back pretty strong this year.

So it looks like: Beat us in the regular season, ruin your season. Beat us in the playoffs, send your entire franchise into a tailspin.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

In all seriousness, yeah.

Go into this game 4-0 and stub your toe, that stinks, but after the game if everything plays out as it currently is you are 4-1 in the conference, tied for first place and the team that beat you is still one game behind you.  

Come Bills, flip the storyline, get to 5-1 after the Tennessee game and make the whole thing inevitable for January games in O.P.!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

It would be great if the Chiefs are 2-3 after this weekend and subsequently implode. 

I doubt the Chiefs players are anywhere near a mutiny, but activating a guy like Josh Gordon might not help the locker room vibe.

To be fair, the Chiefs are already 2-3 in their last 5 games :flirt:

• Haha (+1) 2