Schefter; Herbert is "lock" for HOF, Mahomes / Herbert best young QBs in NFL

Inigo Montoya

On 10/5/2021 at 2:21 PM, H2o said:

Schefter is a lock for the "Hack Hall Of Fame". 

I like Schefter.

I remember 2nd year of college, opening night of free agency. Schefter was reporting news first before anyone left and right - I was astounded!

So, I emailed every combination of his name (when he worked at NFL network) with a short message, and after numerous "failed to send" auto replies due to wrong email addresses, I hit on it.

Schefter replied to me less than a couple of minutes later, still amidst the midnight flurry storm of NFL activity.

I've been a fan of his ever since.

Edited by Kaenon
  • Like (+1) 2

Andrew Luck will be eligible for the HOF in 2024.    In his first three seasons, he looked like a "lock for the HOF":   he made the Pro Bowl every one of those first three seasons.  He led the Colts to the playoffs in each of those seasons.   He threw 83 TDs in his first three seasons, including 40 to lead the league in 2014.  Then the injuries started, and limited his effectiveness.   He played only 7 games in 2015, struggled in 2016  while playing hurt, and missed the entire 2017 season.   He came back in 2018 to play a full season, take the Colts to the playoffs, and make another Pro-Bowl, but he retired before the start of the 2019 season.

Will Andrew Luck ever be inducted into the HOF?   He sure looked like he would be but manure happens.  Nobody knows the future.

Edited by SoTier

I don't like the Chargers or the Browns, not by a long shot. 

Line skippers annoy me. Wait your turn, newbies, it's the Bills time!

I hope we become like NE and just crush dreams every postseason. 

_______ is the greatest and the best! Then they come here and we send them packing in January for the next 15 years. It'll be beautiful!

On 10/6/2021 at 3:09 AM, BillsFan692 said:

I think we can all agree on that one! Herbert is pretty good... I think the media getting a bit carried away after a 25-38 for 220 performance but the kid is good.

Herbert completed 25 of 38 passes for 222 yards and three touchdowns

I'm pretty sure if the media wants to get high about anyone it should be Josh Allen:!)

If anything they should get high on Kyler Murray or Mahomes or Wilson or a couple of other qbs having a better season so far. Herbert is doing just a well as, if not better than Josh. Sounds like Homer-ism to me. I get it, but...

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

On 10/7/2021 at 9:52 AM, Dopey said:

If anything they should get high on Kyler Murray or Mahomes or Wilson or a couple of other qbs having a better season so far. Herbert is doing just a well as, if not better than Josh. Sounds like Homer-ism to me. I get it, but...

What was that you were saying? I think i heard a fart in the wind...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.