Baldy effusive over Josh Allen

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

That's why GMs pay attention to hand size at  the combine.  We poke fun at it sometimes, but it means something.

True but he has had some fumbling issues.

I always pay attention to QB hand size, one of the most prolific fumblers in the NFL was Dave Kreig who had a very small hand.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Josh is a pure joy to watch at QB. I don't think we ever had a QB this good. Sorry Jimbo. We love you but Josh "so freaking good" Allen is tops.

Um Daryle Lamonica is second all time [to Otto Graham] in QB win %, [we kept an aging Jack Kemp]. Lamonica was undefeated as a starting QB in Buffalo.

I see a lot of Lamonica in Josh, and they are from the same part of California.

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, I definitely didn’t give enough credit to that sideline toss to Diggs when I saw it. It’s literally like, ah, there goes Josh, doing Josh stuff. He is so freaking good rolling to his right. The game broadcast made that throw look kind of ordinary. The All 22 view Baldy highlighted shows just how sick of a throw that was. He was dialed in with Diggs on Sunday, dropped three beautiful deep passes to him. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Josh is a pure joy to watch at QB. I don't think we ever had a QB this good. Sorry Jimbo. We love you but Josh "so freaking good" Allen is tops.

We all love Jim's grit and fire but Josh is doing things athletically that Kelly could never dream of doing. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He hasn’t faced many nighttime crowds since he’s been in the league since the major networks did everything possible to ignore the Bills for prime time games 

ALlen's first really great game was against Dallas, on Thanksgiving, at night. If my memory serves me correctly...

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Guys to think we are going to be up by 30 in this game is not a serious thing.

As good as our defense has been playing...KC is VERY explosive.....we are going to have to play at our very best to beat them

Dont expect blowouts in this game

I think you are right, this game is gonna be an out and out knock down brawl for sixty minutes, are we gonna win? Hells yes! 

Go Bills!!!

11 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

And some say JA can’t throw a deep ball. What the hell was that?

He throws the deep crossing routes and deep improv to the sidelines great.  Its the deep vertical routes he has shown a lot of inconsistency hitting on game day.  

He floated a beautiful over the shoulder pass to Diggs on Sunday which I'm hoping to see more of.

16 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I laughed at your comment because Everyone knows he is good... Josh is at that elite level... good? Pretty sure EVERYONE knows Josh is good lol

Haven't you heard? Justin Herbert is better than Allen. 

At least that's the word on the street! 😏

• Haha (+1) 1

Baldy is the best in the business. His breakdowns are absolute must watch. Just scrolling his timeline is an education. 

On Josh specifically I think the "how do you measure that?" is something that has been an issue going back to his rookie year. 

Josh's rookie year he was not very good as a Quarterback. Even allowing for a poor supporting cast he didn't do a lot of the things that you look for in a good NFL Quarterback. However, he was still making some outstanding plays that just don't get measured in the way we normally evaluate Quarterbacks. 

By this point he has obviously developed into an elite NFL Quarterback but has done that without losing some of that pure innate playmaking ability that sustained him while he was learning on the job. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1