Baldy effusive over Josh Allen

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Get ready for one more this weekend...in front of a stadium with a hostile loud crowd....he barely faced that since he improved in the last season.

He hasn’t faced many nighttime crowds since he’s been in the league since the major networks did everything possible to ignore the Bills for prime time games 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Too rare.  Speaking of...  I think this is topic relevant, but did anyone else notice Tiki Barber raking Josh over the coals for his intentional throw away sideline pass to Diggs.  Tiki kept saying how wildly inaccurate and overthrown the pass was.  That was the intent!  Pretty sure It was an intentional dump to avoid sack...

Was that is the first quarter, yes I recall that.  I tried to not pay attention to has blabber after that.  

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

That second play Baldy talked about was one of the best plays I've ever seen. Two guys coming free as he's rolling left so he stops and goes back right while making the rushers miss and throws a 40+ yard frozen rope to Diggs right on the sidelines. It was absolutely unreal and he makes that kind of stuff look easy and routine. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, patzen said:

That second play Baldy talked about was one of the best plays I've ever seen. Two guys coming free as he's rolling left so he stops and goes back right while making the rushers miss and throws a 40+ yard frozen rope to Diggs right on the sidelines. It was absolutely unreal and he makes that kind of stuff look easy and routine. 

Rodgers or Mahomes do that and replay after replay.  Didn't appreciate it until now.  Just a ho hum 35 yard completion when it happened.😜

29 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

That was the first time seeing that throw to Diggs in all22. That really was an amazing play by Josh (and Diggs) from start to finish. 

I wonder what those 2 defenders were thinking as they were closing on Josh with his back turned.  As he got his head around just in time, stopped on a dime, reversed his direction and made them both whiff.  I wonder what they thought then.  Lovie Smith probably saw a play where his D was going to win in a possibly major way, but that went from Yes! to Oh no! to What the &%$^! 

I can't think of a QB as big as Josh that routinely made similar plays.  I did not watch much of prime Cam Newton but I don't think he made plays like that.  I do remember Cam complaining about the hits he was taking out of the pocket.  That's not part of Josh's game either.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Ethan on the post-game show actually said "I think we should see more of Mitch Trubisky".  I think I hurt myself trying to turn off the radio.

Well, that’s Ethan for ya, 😁👍

It's amazing,week in n out he's making multiple jaw dropping plays a game. Been saying since 2019 after he came back from a rough rookie year and saw the work he put in the offseason that he's the greatest prospect EVER, Physically but he also has that it factor,he just gets it and knows how to act as a franchise qb. 

I still can't believe 6 teams passed on him in 2017. 

41 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He hasn’t faced many nighttime crowds since he’s been in the league since the major networks did everything possible to ignore the Bills for prime time games 

Huh? Bills had a few night games over the past few years where Josh Allen kicked ass. Even a thanksgiving game!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Saw this last night. More impressive to me is how -in a freakin’ monsoon, Josh uses just one hand on a slick ball to to ‘power pump’ the ball Diggs’ way then turn and fire a bullet to Knox. Those DBs both don’t bite that hard on a typical pump fake- let alone in hurricane conditions! I guess 6’5, 250lbs allows for this uniqueness. 

That, or he’s a Unicorn!🤷‍♂️

That's why GMs pay attention to hand size at  the combine.  We poke fun at it sometimes, but it means something.

• Like (+1) 2

Both of those plays are immeasurable. 

The pump fake fooled everyone. Funny he said "string". I said it looked like a yo-yo when I first saw it. 

Then, that throw to Diggs after spinning away from those linemen. Divine. 

Allen's stats this year so far are middle of the road. But watching even above-average quarterbacks, like Herbert and Carr, next to Allen -- and their pedestrian moves -- is no contest. Allen is without a doubt elite. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Too rare.  Speaking of...  I think this is topic relevant, but did anyone else notice Tiki Barber raking Josh over the coals for his intentional throw away sideline pass to Diggs.  Tiki kept saying how wildly inaccurate and overthrown the pass was.  That was the intent!  Pretty sure It was an intentional dump to avoid sack...

I totally noticed that. Freakin' Tiki, no wonder no one likes him.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

This kind of stuff must make defensive coordinators crazy.

If I’m a D coordinator I’m feeling helpless. There’s no way you’re going to stop him all game. At some point he is going to impose his will on your defense and there’s nothing you can do about it and THAT boys and girls us why Allen is elite.

52 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

If I’m a D coordinator I’m feeling helpless. There’s no way you’re going to stop him all game. At some point he is going to impose his will on your defense and there’s nothing you can do about it and THAT boys and girls us why Allen is elite.

the part that's cool...he going to just keep getting better... I'll start seeing coverages sooner.  it's is / going to be alot of fun to watch

Edited by gordong

2 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Josh is a pure joy to watch at QB. I don't think we ever had a QB this good. Sorry Jimbo. We love you but Josh "so freaking good" Allen is tops.

It’s going to take a little more body of work to get everyone on board, but he’s better than Kelly was in so many facets it’s unreal. Experienced Jimbo was a better field general, but give Allen the same experience and I don’t think we will even be saying that. 

• Like (+1) 1